• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Hardest workout? Anyone tried it?

Rookeek

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys,

I'm currently experimenting with routines and made a killer one for myself. It's a 3 day total body training. I'm an ecto so I focus on compounds and short workout.

Monday
Squat
Bench Press
Deads
Plank
DB flies

Wednesday

Squat
B.Press
Deads
Plank
BB Rows

Friday

Squat
B.Press
Deads
Leg Press
Plank

All exercises 3x10

Has anyone tried anything similar? Did it work for you? I've finished first week and none of the previous workouts can compare to it. Also maybe changing it to 5x5 would be better?

Cheers

No vertical pull/push movements?

And if I were you I'd implement periodization into the program. Use the higher reps for the first two weeks or so to get acclimated to the movements, then switch to more weight, lower reps.

This routine is terrible and it wouldn't be hard.

A tough type of workout would be crossfit...Try that and get back to me.

No vertical pull/push movements?

And if I were you I'd implement periodization into the program. Use the higher reps for the first two weeks or so to get acclimated to the movements, then switch to more weight, lower reps.

Isn't BB Rows vertical pull movement? If no then please give me an example ;)

I know the movements, I've been doing them in the past with 3day split program. Did chest/tri's, back/bi's and legs/delts. But now testing TBT cuz it is said to be better for ectos..

Chin ups, cable pull downs...

Ahh... definitely no cables. Just free weights. I might change BB Rows into chin ups or pull ups. I choose Rows because it builds upper back to combine it with deads that mostly work lower back...

Squatting, Deadlifting, and Benching all at the same intensity 3x a week really is a sure fire way to burnout like rahaas said.

If you want to go the full body route - something i highly reccomend - split your days up into movement patterns like vertical/horizontal or push/pull.

E.g.

Day 1 - Squat, Bench, Overhead Press, Lunge

Day 2 - Deadlift, Row, Hypers, Pullups

Cycle them 3x per week, but have the workout you repeat each week at a lower intensity the second time round.

E.g.

Mon + Wed = 5x5

Friday = 2x10 + Cardio + Accessory (Grip, core, etc).

Squatting, Deadlifting, and Benching all at the same intensity 3x a week really is a sure fire way to burnout like rahaas said.

If you want to go the full body route - something i highly reccomend - split your days up into movement patterns like vertical/horizontal or push/pull.

E.g.

Day 1 - Squat, Bench, Overhead Press, Lunge

Day 2 - Deadlift, Row, Hypers, Pullups

Cycle them 3x per week, but have the workout you repeat each week at a lower intensity the second time round.

E.g.

Mon + Wed = 5x5

Friday = 2x10 + Cardio + Accessory (Grip, core, etc).

I'll keep this in mind. Thanx a lot

For now I'm staying at my experiment because I tend to believe there is no overtraining, just not enough of sleep and food :)

For now I'm staying at my experiment because I tend to believe there is no overtraining, just not enough of sleep and food :)

Fair enough. Please report back on how it works out...ya know if you overtrain Gaz is gonna make you smell the glove :mooh: ;)

You don't want to find out. Let's leave it at that...

It's definitely a case of moooooeeeeeeh.

How much training is too much training varies tremedously from person to person. Certainly adequate intake helps a ton - as does being young and male, lol. That being said, there's an old adage that it's better to be 10% undertrained than 1% overtrained.

Good luck. Don't be afraid to deload or just not train at all for a week if your workouts start to lack their current lustre.

How much training is too much training varies tremedously from person to person. Certainly adequate intake helps a ton - as does being young and male, lol. That being said, there's an old adage that it's better to be 10% undertrained than 1% overtrained.

Good luck. Don't be afraid to deload or just not train at all for a week if your workouts start to lack their current lustre.

Thanx ;)

I wonder about one thing also. What is easier on your body, 5x5 or 3x10 system?

Really? Squats and deadlifts both 3 times per week at exactly the same set/rep scheme? Sounds kind of silly to me.

Pretty lacking in the back department. Yeah, deadlifts work the back, but some more pulling movements would be a good idea.

I hate to say it, because I am a big proponent of a solid lower body program, but I think this may be too much lower body work, especially considering they are all bilateral compound movements that are very taxing.

Really? Squats and deadlifts both 3 times per week at exactly the same set/rep scheme? Sounds kind of silly to me.

Pretty lacking in the back department. Yeah, deadlifts work the back, but some more pulling movements would be a good idea.

I hate to say it, because I am a big proponent of a solid lower body program, but I think this may be too much lower body work, especially considering they are all bilateral compound movements that are very taxing.

BB Rows doesn't count as pulling?

What set/rep scheme you'd suggest for squats and deads? Saying I'm silly is not constructive criticism. (No offense, CowPimp..)

BB Rows doesn't count as pulling?

What set/rep scheme you'd suggest for squats and deads? Saying I'm silly is not constructive criticism. (No offense, CowPimp..)

He didn't say you were silly. The routine is silly and I'm sure everyone that's been here a little while agrees on that the routine will get you nowhere.

But having said that, it's your experiment so prove everyone wrong.

He didn't say you were silly. The routine is silly and I'm sure everyone that's been here a little while agrees on that the routine will get you nowhere.

This +1.

If you're here with the intention of learning and bettering yourself, Rookeek, at least learn how to separate your emotions from your opinions. Just because you say something that is wrong, it doesn't mean the members are taking a dig at you when they correct it.

You've had some good advice in here about improving this program so it'll work a lot better, so get to it!

IML Gear Cream!

Arnold doing split workout two times a day was silly once too..

It might not get me anywhere, it's a possibility but I don't see anyone who has done it...

Gazhole, I want constructive criticism and not abstract sayings that it's silly or whatever. Give a real reason why it's silly and let's discuss it.

Okay, if you want to act all hurt. As well as my other post:

In terms of exercise selection alone there is no balance here.

Upper - 4
Lower - 6
Push - 7
Pull - 3

You have far too many pushing movements in relation to pulling movements which can lead to muscular imbalances or injuries. Like Cowpimp said, you need some more pulling/back work.

In terms of your training variables, 3x10 for everything every day is not only a sure way to stall progress very early in the program as you have not planned for progression or variation of stimulus, but doing the same thing every time you train is a great way to OVERtrain.

Like Cowpimp and others have already said to you, the same leg work three days a week at the same rep range will be incredibly taxing on the body, especially at the volume you are using. This is a great way to overtrain, overreach, and get knackered. I would also wager the stress on your lower back will be immense.

1 - Fix the balance between your movements.

2 - Make a perioidization plan for your program for the weekly cycle and the overall progression for the entire program.

3 - Re-asses what each day of your program is supposed to acheive.

4 - Dont be so defensive. We are trying to help you.

It might not get me anywhere, it's a possibility but I don't see anyone who has done it...

Arnold is a genetic freak and was on massive amounts of performance enhancing drugs. The same can be said for every pro bodybuilder. Don't forget that training is also ALL they do, their life and profession is building muscle, so they can devote 24 hours a day to that end.

People like you and me are not genetically gifted, aren't on steroids, and have jobs/university/school/every day jobs to attend to aswell. We also have limited budgets in terms of food.

As for nobody having done it, what makes you think a 3x a week fullbody workout at one set rep range is really that uncommon?

As for nobody having done it, what makes you think a 3x a week fullbody workout at one set rep range is really that uncommon?

3x a week full bod workout is common, but a workout with squats/deads/B.Press is not. I meant this.

Gazhole, I want constructive criticism and not abstract sayings that it's silly or whatever. Give a real reason why it's silly and let's discuss it.

Arnold was very resistant to overtraining due to natural ability and chemical assistance like Gaz says.

If you truly believe you are one of those gifted people that have the genetics that allow old school training and have the freedom to eat & sleep enough to offset that type of workout then go for it.

The constructive criticism comes in to place when Gaz gives, in detail the imbalance of movement which if even in what would be considered a less intensive workout would eventually lead to injury.

Like I've suggested previously: do your workout for a month or two and report back in detail.

1 - Fix the balance between your movements.

2 - Make a perioidization plan for your program for the weekly cycle and the overall progression for the entire program.

3 - Re-asses what each day of your program is supposed to acheive.

4 - Dont be so defensive. We are trying to help you.

1 - I'm an ecto, we tend to have legs like freakin sticks so more lower body work is needed for me to strengthen my legs.

2 - I didn't mention it but I have a progression system. It's adding 5lbs each week. I mean if on Friday I have done 3x10 on the particular exercise, next week I'll add 5lbs to it. If I had done at least one set of 9 reps I can't add weight and I train another week with the same weight.

3 - Give me the biggest boost in hormones possible and train my whole body.

3x a week full bod workout is common, but a workout with squats/deads/B.Press is not. I meant this.

True. I did full body WO for years.
My gains were minimal at best. I'll admit it: I was a "toner".

If I only knew then what I know now....

Arnold was very resistant to overtraining due to natural ability and chemical assistance like Gaz says.

If you truly believe you are one of those gifted people that have the genetics that allow old school training and have the freedom to eat & sleep enough to offset that type of workout then go for it.

The constructive criticism comes in to place when Gaz gives, in detail the imbalance of movement which if even in what would be considered a less intensive workout would eventually lead to injury.

Like I've suggested previously: do your workout for a month or two and report back in detail.

I never said Gaz didn't give constructive criticism, he did. I said I'll keep his idea in mind.

I will definitely report back. If it fails - it fails and I will say that you guys were right :) For now I do have a chance to get enough rest and food to offset the workout.

Adding weight to the bar every week isnt periodization. In fact, you'll likely hit a wall a few weeks in because you're not giving your body any chance to get stronger and get used to those added weights.

Periodization is planned variation in stimulus, and will avoid overtraining because you are backing off either intensity or volume or whatever, to give your body a break.

Adding 5lbs each week is making things more intense without compensating by lowering the volume.

The only way adding weight every week will work for a fair amount of time is with a pretty damned low training volume, and probably starting off at sub-maximal intensity.

5 exercises a session at 3x10 is pretty high volume, especially with the large amount of leg work, and the fact that you aren't changing it.

Go read some of the stickies, or even some articles in my blog. There is a two-parter on periodization in there right now that seems particularly apt.

Adding 5lbs each week is making things more intense without compensating by lowering the volume.

The only way adding weight every week will work for a fair amount of time is with a pretty damned low training volume, and probably starting off at sub-maximal intensity.

5 exercises a session at 3x10 is pretty high volume, especially with the large amount of leg work, and the fact that you aren't changing it.

Go read some of the stickies, or even some articles in my blog. There is a two-parter on periodization in there right now that seems particularly apt.

Is StrongLifts 5x5 program better? I did it and it wasn't working for me so I decided to change 5x5 to 3x10 and change exercises.

I used to do a simple 3 day split where I would perform 6-8 a session of 3x10. Of course there were no squats/deads/presses the same day.

Back