• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Examine me and my diet please :)

RedWindsor

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Greetings, im 22 yrs old 5'11 238lbs... according to various tools i have used my body fat % is right around 31% if i remember correctly.

I have a gym routine down that i have been sticking to like glue... just want some insight on my diet that ive been slowly getting in check

Morning:
4 Scrambled or 4 Hard Boiled Eggs
1 English muffin with flavored Margerine
1gram of L-arginine
1 big cup of Water (on the rare occasion OJ or a small cup of coffee)

Snack:
Fiberone Bar
1 big cup of water

Lunch:
typically what ever is left over from dinner more then likely its either
Checkin
Veggies
Spaghetti
1big cup of water

Snack:
Fiberone Bar
1 big cup of water

Dinner: dinner i have no real control over but typically my dinners always has Chicken, beef, or fish and a veggie and a starch like mashed potatos or spaghetti
couple cups of water

If i do get hungry after dinner i just have 1 last fiberone bar and a big thing of water again...

i do have consistancy going to the gym, but i dont have consistancy as to what time i go to the gym, for example its 8pm already and i still have not gone (not by choice i had a busy day).... but pre-work out i consum 3-6 grams of L-arginine...

MY goal is to cut my body fat % down into the low 20s, and definatley get my weight undercontrol...

Just for a numbers sake in the next 2 months i want to drop 20 lbs to be bck around the 220lb mark...

i do have consistancy going to the gym, but i dont have consistancy as to what time i go to the gym, for example its 8pm already and i still have not gone

at this point, it's more important that you DO go than WHEN you go.

Also, read the link in my signature. To paraphrase, you want to eat slightly less than you need while simultaneously getting in adequate protein and fat. You're necessary protein and fat content can be estimated by your current body composition.

Don't get too aggressive with your deficit. You'll lose a portion of whatever muscle that you already have and you'll ultimately end up in worse condition that you are now. Take it easy.

What's your training look like?

Oh also, get rid of the margarine and go with butter. I've yet to come across anyone who prefers the former over the latter, so I'm going to assume that you're the same as the herd.

A bit of saturated fat is good for you and I'm reasonably certain that margarine is still chock full of trans fat.

Your diet isn't great but if you stick to it and perform some regular cardio you will lose weight fast but it will eventually slow down until a plateu. After this occurs you can tweak your diet to break through the plateu.
Try to limit the carbs and sugury drinks such as OJ and you'll be on your way.

Good luck bro.

at this point, it's more important that you DO go than WHEN you go.

Also, read the link in my signature. To paraphrase, you want to eat slightly less than you need while simultaneously getting in adequate protein and fat. You're necessary protein and fat content can be estimated by your current body composition.

Don't get too aggressive with your deficit. You'll lose a portion of whatever muscle that you already have and you'll ultimately end up in worse condition that you are now. Take it easy.

What's your training look like?

My training right now is basically 4-5 days a week...

not in any order but

Legs, Squats i start off pretty light for 10-15 reps to get the motion dialed in right and get amped up and work my way through about 4 sets to my max where i do 2-3 sets on my max then drop down to lighter weights for a drop set after that i go to the leg extension machine and start kinda heavy get in 10 max on first set then work my way up till i can only get 4 or so reps form it and finished...

Chest, start on flat bench with dumbbells pretty light for 10 or so reps to get comfortable and get the motion then i jump up weight a bit and do about 5 sets till i hit my max wher eim only geting 4 reps or so and i do that for abvout 2-3 sets then again i drop down for a drop set after ill hit hte incline and decline bench press for some standard barbell presses with light to moderate weight range

Back, i start with dead lifts, again i like to start very light to get my form fixed and then jump on to my max in about 4 sets then stay on my max for another 2-3 sets at max only getting 5 or so reps pending on how well im holding hte bar then i move on to rows and some latteral pull downs starting at a moderate weight and going to max in only 3 sets

Arms,,, i start with biceps cuz i always get pumped up really easy from curls i do about 5 sets on moderate weights ranging 10lbs from min to max... then to triceps where use the adjustable bench for a couple excersies, totaling about 8 sets or so between the 2, the first excersice is where i start light and go heavy and the 2nd i stay moderate, then i do some cable excerises on moderate weight to close out triceps

Shoulders i like doing power cleans, again start light to get my form right then up the weight till i max in about 4 sets and stay on max weight for 2-3 sets and im finished and after wards i do some shrugs till i just about cant grip the bar any more

i hope this is the info you were looking for :winkfinger:

Your diet isn't great but if you stick to it and perform some regular cardio you will lose weight fast but it will eventually slow down until a plateu. After this occurs you can tweak your diet to break through the plateu.
Try to limit the carbs and sugury drinks such as OJ and you'll be on your way.

Good luck bro.

now let me ask you what in there as far as carbs should i cut or limit?

as far the sugary drinks go... i RARELY have juices, water is just about all i drink, maybe if i have a nice breakfast made for me ill let loose and drink some juice but that almost never happens haha

Oh also, get rid of the margarine and go with butter. I've yet to come across anyone who prefers the former over the latter, so I'm going to assume that you're the same as the herd.

A bit of saturated fat is good for you and I'm reasonably certain that margarine is still chock full of trans fat.

i use the i can't beleive its not butter spray,,, tastes great and one bottle lasts quite a while

In my opinion you don't have enough calories there for healthy weightloss but I can only guess the serving sizes. When I was losing my weight I counted calories, I worked out my BMR and daily calorie expenditure so I knew exactly where I was at.
Try to limit your carbs of an evening and if you have cut out sugary drinks already you should do fine.
The best foods are natural foods that come from the ground. Staying away from processed foods will make a big difference to you weightloss goals.

Consistency is the key for weightloss. Don't give up and always picture in your mind how you will look in future because it will happen if you want it badly enough.

well im gonna start adding in kidney beans as maybe a mid day meal to help me out i see its like 100 cals per severing 7 gs protien and about 3.5 servs per can which i can easily kill a can for a meal... not bad for a mid day meal right?

1 can, mixed with some olive oil and red wine viniger for flavor... good?

Not necessary.

sorry to raise up again but as i stand now my Diet is

4 Whole hard boiled eggs in the morning with some whole wheat toast.

1-2 hours later ill have a can of tuna fish with very little lite mayo in it for flavor on a peice of whole wheat bread. (26ish grams of protien here)

my next meal after that i typically spread out over time till dinner is a kidney/garbanzo bean salad.. 1 can of each bean with maybe 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil and a little red wine vinegarette with garlic powder and parsely added in... (roughly 50 grams of protien here and about 700ish calories none from fat)

For dinner i try to avoid starches, ill pig out on fish (Flounder and tilapia typically) i stay away from pork, any chicken i have i try to peel the skin and just get the meat...

through out the course of a day ill drink around a gallon of water,

im going to purchase a protien shake i was thinking the ironmaglab whey protien 2 scoops will net me 50 more grams of protien

at night i do feel hungry most of the time but i try not to eat anything, any advice for this would be great if there is somthing i can scarf down that is healthy and filling...

its been a while i been trying ot piece a solid diet plan together, the goal is to drop my Bf% from estimated 32% (5"11 240lbs) down as low as i can go but for numbers sake id like to see 210lbs idk where that would be me at in Bf% though... i work out 4 days a week cardio 6 days a week

thanks

well i punched in my info to fitday...
its telling me for my size and my lifestyle that i burn 3,370 calories a day...

i punched in what i TYPICALLY eat during the course of a day and i came with

Calories: 2654

Fat 58.5g 513cals
saturated 10.6g 94 cals
polyunsaturated 12.3g 106cals
monounsaturated 28.8g 254cals

Carbohydrates 378.5g 1540cals
dietry fiber 107.8g

Protein 157.6g 594cals

on second thought i see my carbs are REALLY high, so i guess ill cut out some of the beans im eating seeing as thats where most of it is coming from...

Double your protein, cut your carbs in half and bring your fat up to 80g.

Last edited:
okay im dropping beans completely from my diet, i just went out today and bought a variety of meats... skinless/boneless chicken breats.... 93/7 ground turkey and 93/7 ground beef...

my excerise will not change, im very intense at the gym and i plan to keep that... ill report back with changes... thanks

well today i started a different diet plan, breakfast was 4 hard boiled eggs, 2 whole and 2 with out the yoke... few hours later i had canned tuna with a small amount of mayo in between whole wheat sliced bread... few hours later i ate 1 lb of 93% lean ground beef, with some hot sauce for flavor... for dinner i had about 2 pieces of tilapia seasoned with paprika and parsely flake... here are the stats

calories 2106

Fat 110.3g 994calories

Carbs 26.8g 106calories

Protien 238.5 1007calories

i cut my carbs to a 1/10th of where they were before

i added over a hundred grams of protiend (this si right around my body weight too)

i added about 80 grams of fat from where i was before.

what ya think, good idea? or does this need more tweaking...

i also take fish oil pills 2x a day 1000mg pills

Bring the fish oil up to a minimum of 10 capules daily.

How did you feel today on your eats?

IML Gear Cream!
Bring the fish oil up to a minimum of 10 capules daily.

How did you feel today on your eats?

i actaully felt great, i didn't get the late night hunger i usually do which was awsome because that ruins me.

if you don't mind an explanation for the 10 capules of fish oil, just to see if there is an alternative for it, because if i swallow alot of pills i get intense burning pain in my esophagus

Hey, awesome - being comfortable on lower calories is KEY to successful weight-loss.

10g fish oil provides 3g EPA/DHA, an amount GRAS by the AHA. That's what I take. I trickle in a few before each meal. You can just buy the oil and knock back a tablespoon daily and be done with it. The good brands are pretty much tasteless - and some are flavoured.

Hey, awesome - being comfortable on lower calories is KEY to successful weight-loss.

10g fish oil provides 3g EPA/DHA, an amount GRAS by the AHA. That's what I take. I trickle in a few before each meal. You can just buy the oil and knock back a tablespoon daily and be done with it. The good brands are pretty much tasteless - and some are flavoured.

good stuff thanks for the explanation you've been a great help!,

4th day ive been dieting like this and ive thus far havnt had any late night munchies still to early to tell if im just not hungry or its just the diet, but before hand id always find my self in the fridge pickin at stuff like cheese olives or eating kidney beans to satisfy my hunger, so far ive been pretty good... also my weight is actually down a bit, right before i switched up i was weighing up at 243ish lbs in the AM, this morning i weighed up at 237 (rounded up)

I am also scaling back my work outs to only 4 days a week, upon recommendation from a personal trainer at my gym, he said working to much is a no no... so now less days more rest, which im hoping equals even more intense work outs with the extra rest time. ill report back in a few days

Working out too much IS a no-no while dieting. Glad you're more comfortable. :)

Built -- sorry to hijack from the OP but quick question.

I eat a can of pink salmon a day, plus several other food sources that provide me a total of about 28-30g poly fat a day (almonds, PB, seeds, etc..). Should I take fish oil capsules in addition to this? I know they have value in joint pain and memory but what else are they useful for in the context of cutting? Thanks.

Polys from fish are great - we need EPA/DHA already converted. Check how much EPA/DHA you're already getting in and adjust accordingly. Polys in general enhance satiety, but you don't want to go too high relative to monos. Rule of thumb for quantities - if you're getting in about 0.5g fat per pound lbm, aim for about a third from each of polys, monos and saturates. If you go higher than this, lean on the the monos.

Monos > saturates > polys.

i just want to add, in case any one has read the thread for info, if your like me... young still living at home... GOD DAMN is a diet hard to keep don't get discouraged... i think i speak for all or most of the people who fall into this catagory, that you can eat clean through out the day (i go to the grocery store once a week to purchase what ill eat during the weeks course) but once dinner comes around (dinner in my house hold is always eaten with the ENTIRE family present) you feel at the mercy of what has been prepared for you or even somtimes when i cook dinner im at the mercy of what was selected to be defrosted from the freezer or even worse than that when somone has to complain that its the 2nd night in the row your eating chicken -.-.... just kind of venting and letting any one else know your not alone haha...

if you train natural you also have to keep the health fat intake at 15% of the total cals or higher for max test production. optimum is about 33% of the total cals from healthy fats.

manipulating the endocrine system through the diet is the non-physical side of the equation

LAM, I agree on the need for fats - but why 15% or 33%? Why a percentage at all?

from what fitday is telling me about what i have been eating my fat intake ranges from 80-110 grams daily intake, i strive for as close to 90gs as possible... im still figuring out what foods can get me the balance of fat carbs and protien i need,

so far the only thing im sticking too is my meats and fish... other then those things everything else in my diet i try to move around a bit see what gets me a good balance and leaving me satisfied before bed time.

Back