• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Sugar: a poison

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just finished watching this video. It's created by CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company). Being on this site, you probably already know most of it, but there are some facts that may be new to you. The part about Ludkin and its fallout pissed me off. It didn't surprise me, but it pissed me off nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDaYa0AB8TQ

wow, the test with the rats in the vat of water was wild and scary

wow, the test with the rats in the vat of water was wild and scary

So true. I couldn't help but think "That's your average American" as I watched it.

I decided to watch this video because I've been carb cycling -- and cut back a lot in general -- and I've noticed that I'm feeling even sharper than usual. I also, counterintuitively, feel more energetic. At least, after the first week or two. Not to mention that the fat just evaporated. Just like in that video. I'm not going to cut out sugar completely -- I have a killer peanut satay recipe that requires it -- but it's dropped to low single digits in my diet. Upwards or 85% of all that I eat is from basic foods now.

I'll have to peep this tomorrow. I think where a lot of people miss the boat is that we need glucose, but we are designed to make it, not consume it in mass quantities.

I'll have to peep this tomorrow. I think where a lot of people miss the boat is that we need glucose, but we are designed to make it, not consume it in mass quantities.

You'll like the video then. It's talks about glucose quite a bit, and the overconsumption of it by Americans.

I want ice cream :(

I haven't had more than 10 grams of sugar a day for weeks.

I want ice cream :(

I haven't had more than 10 grams of sugar a day for weeks.

It's funny that you mention ice cream.

I'm branching here. This video is on food addiction. It's not that they're trying to make better tasting food, they're using science to manipulate the mind of the buyer. They're leveraging how the body works to overcome your logical thinking. And stuff like replacing cheese with proteins and fats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cpdb78pWl4

On a side note, the close-ups of people eating with their mouth open is revolting.

IML Gear Cream!
Great thread good pieces.

I'm passing these on....

Just watched it, interesting. I think Lustig is off and hate the fact that everyone tries to pin the obesity epidemic down to a single cause. Even if you remove sugar from the food supply, sitting all day still has a negative impact on the body by increasing inflammation, oxidative stress, and blood glucose levels. All 3 of these factors increase your risk for the metabolic syndrome. There are also other dietary factors that correlate with the obesity epidemic which likely have an effect and that make sense from an evolutionary standpoint, particularly fiber consumption which they ignore. Finally, you know we're in trouble when a "knowledgeable" authority on nutrition has people eating pasta as part of a diet devoid of processed food, I guess I have just never been fortunate enough to see a spaghetti bush.

I recommend a Paleo diet, but not the Paleo diet that most implement as it's just a meat/protein orgy. High fiber, moderate carb(200g or so), a larger diversity of plant matter and properly raised animals. I eat about 30 different vegetables per week and maybe 3 types of fruit. That's all you need to do to be healthy. It doesn't even take that much time to prepare. I spend an hour making breakfast which also makes enough for lunch and my wife makes dinner. If I wanted to streamline the process I would chop everything on Sunday and freeze it, but I prefer it fresh.

Just watched it, interesting. I think Lustig is off and hate the fact that everyone tries to pin the obesity epidemic down to a single cause. Even if you remove sugar from the food supply, sitting all day still has a negative impact on the body by increasing inflammation, oxidative stress, and blood glucose levels. All 3 of these factors increase your risk for the metabolic syndrome. There are also other dietary factors that correlate with the obesity epidemic which likely have an effect and that make sense from an evolutionary standpoint, particularly fiber consumption which they ignore. Finally, you know we're in trouble when a "knowledgeable" authority on nutrition has people eating pasta as part of a diet devoid of processed food, I guess I have just never been fortunate enough to see a spaghetti bush.

I recommend a Paleo diet, but not the Paleo diet that most implement as it's just a meat/protein orgy. High fiber, moderate carb(200g or so), a larger diversity of plant matter and properly raised animals. I eat about 30 different vegetables per week and maybe 3 types of fruit. That's all you need to do to be healthy. It doesn't even take that much time to prepare. I spend an hour making breakfast which also makes enough for lunch and my wife makes dinner. If I wanted to streamline the process I would chop everything on Sunday and freeze it, but I prefer it fresh.

No one has said that sugar is the only reason, just that it's a major, ubiquitous, reason. The issue is also the steps that companies have taken to subvert the systems put in place to protect consumers.

I've never looked into the Paleo diet (or much of any diet, actually), but I can guess what it is. I'm pretty sure that's how I eat. I eat meat / protein all day long. I don't worry about the fat content at all. I just keep a caloric ceiling each day. I do also eat veggies and occasionally fruit (mango being a favorite). I have great results with it.

No one has said that sugar is the only reason, just that it's a major, ubiquitous, reason. The issue is also the steps that companies have taken to subvert the systems put in place to protect consumers.

I've never looked into the Paleo diet (or much of any diet, actually), but I can guess what it is. I'm pretty sure that's how I eat. I eat meat / protein all day long. I don't worry about the fat content at all. I just keep a caloric ceiling each day. I do also eat veggies and occasionally fruit (mango being a favorite). I have great results with it.

Sounds like you are basically Paleo, Paleo is grain, legume, and dairy free. Most people use it as an excuse to eat as much meat as possible and ignore veggies, which is a mistake. Just avoid processed food and eat a moderate amount of meat, that's likely the healthiest way to do it and most beneficial to your gut and overall health.

Sounds like you are basically Paleo, Paleo is grain, legume, and dairy free. Most people use it as an excuse to eat as much meat as possible and ignore veggies, which is a mistake. Just avoid processed food and eat a moderate amount of meat, that's likely the healthiest way to do it and most beneficial to your gut and overall health.

I don't do legumes, though. And yeah, almost zero dairy. I eat the occasional tablespoon of butter. I still don't eat enough veggies, but I'm working on it. I rarely eat processed foods. Just thinking about eating a HotPocket makes me nauseated.

I don't do legumes, though. And yeah, almost zero dairy. I eat the occasional tablespoon of butter. I still don't eat enough veggies, but I'm working on it. I rarely eat processed foods. Just thinking about eating a HotPocket makes me nauseated.

Most allow butter, Ghee is better because the milk proteins are cleared out. I rotate between coconut oil, olive oil, bacon fat, and ghee.

People are fat because they are dumb and lazy. Anybody with half a brain can figure out in less than 4 hours of research online why they are fat, and how to start down the road of not being fat. I am not talking about slightly overweight either. I am talking about morbidly disgustingly fat obese people who simply do not give a fuck because their a lazy pieces of shit.

IML Gear Cream!
don't hold back kelju!

yeah but what drives it...how do they get there. why doesn't everyone get there? I don't know that its totally that cut and dry ..it is but it isn't
I can say with total sincerity that I love sugar....go crazy for just the right mix of tasty pastry awesomeness....
right at the moment I'm getting enough calories of nutrient dense food where it's not much more than a fleeting thought..and dropping weight steadily but aside from the thyroid shit which has been "corrected" for years I couldn't tell you what got me to fat in the first place..not really...yeah sugar and sedentary habits for sure but i don't know hot THAT happened

Check this out Doms - it's includes some paleo principles:
http://www.bulletproofexec.com/downloads/bulletproofdiet.pdf

Thanks. That's a simple doc that's already helped me to make better food options. I've also starting going to Mark's Daily Apple. Thanks for that link, too.

I buy my mean from a local farmer's market. It's not a gathering-type market. It's a market that buys from local farmers. It's a benefit of living in a rural state.

I've taken to eating most of my food raw. I'm even going to try my had at kitfo.

don't hold back kelju!

yeah but what drives it...how do they get there. why doesn't everyone get there? I don't know that its totally that cut and dry ..it is but it isn't
I can say with total sincerity that I love sugar....go crazy for just the right mix of tasty pastry awesomeness....
right at the moment I'm getting enough calories of nutrient dense food where it's not much more than a fleeting thought..and dropping weight steadily but aside from the thyroid shit which has been "corrected" for years I couldn't tell you what got me to fat in the first place..not really...yeah sugar and sedentary habits for sure but i don't know hot THAT happened

Don't take my post too seriously. I'm just jealous that fat people get to eat whatever the fuck they want, and I haven't allowed myself any pleasures of taste in a long time.

Some mornings I wake up and think to myself "I WONDER WHAT I'M HAVING FOR BREAKFAST TODAY!...PROBABLY FUCKING EGGS LIKE THE LAST 60 TIMES I HAD BREAKFAST!!! I FUCKING HATE EVERYTHING!!!

dude...I've had the same 5 meals every day for the last 5 weeks....I feel ya

I found a grass-fed organic ghee and a coconut ghee. Do those look okay? Is one type better than the other?

Thanks for the info, man!

No prob, those both look OK to me. I've used that ghee before but have never had coconut oil ghee. I love coconut oil, I cook most of my food in it and top my popcorn with it on the rare occasion when I eat popcorn. It's primarily MCTs so you can't store it, you metabolize it in to ketones which help control appetite and promote brain neurogenesis. When I was a kid the movies used coconut oil but they pulled it because it was high in saturated fat so they replaced it with trans fats and eventually canola/corn oil which are all terrible for you.

No prob, those both look OK to me. I've used that ghee before but have never had coconut oil ghee. I love coconut oil, I cook most of my food in it and top my popcorn with it on the rare occasion when I eat popcorn. It's primarily MCTs so you can't store it, you metabolize it in to ketones which help control appetite and promote brain neurogenesis. When I was a kid the movies used coconut oil but they pulled it because it was high in saturated fat so they replaced it with trans fats and eventually canola/corn oil which are all terrible for you.

Thanks for the ghee info.

It's my understanding that, up until the 70s, most people in the US used tropical oils. It wasn't until they "discovered" that fat was bad for you, and the agro-companies pushing their agenda, that grain and seed oils were widely adopted.

I'm reading The Primal Blueprint and have The Omnivores Dilemma in transit. Have you read either?

I've read Primal Blueprint, it's pretty good. Haven't read Omnivore's Dilemma yet but it's on the list. I'm gonna read his book "Cooked" next. Just finished The Story of the Human Body, that's pretty good and opened my eyes to some of the fallacies in the paleo movement. A great site to look at is the human gut project, tons of info on the gut microbiome which is emerging as a major branch of science.

I've read Primal Blueprint, it's pretty good. Haven't read Omnivore's Dilemma yet but it's on the list. I'm gonna read his book "Cooked" next. Just finished The Story of the Human Body, that's pretty good and opened my eyes to some of the fallacies in the paleo movement. A great site to look at is the human gut project, tons of info on the gut microbiome which is emerging as a major branch of science.

This site? http://humanfoodproject.com/americangut/

I'll pick up the The Human Body. What's an example of part of The Paleo Diet being wrong?

Back