• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Lats

vannesb

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What is everyones optionon best Lat exersise to gain width on lats?

Wide pullups

Yes bent row yates style, overhand grip. Fast movement, not slow. Any back movement should be done fast. Slow mo makes the biceps work to much takin it away from the back is what's your tryin to work in the first place.

close grip pulldowns. you already do bent over rows, but close grip pulldowns also help with width.

I will find a study for you, and anyone who says close grip isnt for width doesnt know what theyre talking about.

close grip pulldowns. you already do bent over rows, but close grip pulldowns also help with width.

I will find a study for you, and anyone who says close grip isnt for width doesnt know what theyre talking about.
Tell them :winkfinger: Ben!

I read somewhere :- Vertical pulling movements (Pull ups, Lat pulldowns) are for width and horizontal (rowing, deadlift) are for back thickness and seems logical .

I feel my lats a lot while doing assisted pull ups (wide grip)

IML Gear Cream!
Yea did some more research pullups seem to be the best for lats, with bentover rows

I asked this same question not long ago. I changed my workout start off with glose grip pullups instead of waiting to the end of my workout. I've been focusing on my barbell rows also. It's working quite well.

I asked this same question not long ago. I changed my workout start off with glose grip pullups instead of waiting to the end of my workout. I've been focusing on my barbell rows also. It's working quite well.

do you go over hand or underhand with your rows?

Underhand Yates style are the best IMO. Don't go stupid heavy, keep the weight were you can bend to almost 90deg at the waist and slam the bar into your belt. Once you do it right nothing fires your lats more.

Underhand Yates style are the best IMO. Don't go stupid heavy, keep the weight were you can bend to almost 90deg at the waist and slam the bar into your belt. Once you do it right nothing fires your lats more.

Ive always stayed away from them bc they look like they could fuck your back up if you did them wrong.

Whats a good weight to start with? and should they be done in the beginning of the workout or at the end?

honestly i think there really isnt just one back lift that will make everyones back get wide...i honestly think that you just have to slow your lifts down and get that stretch and squeeze at the top of the movement. go for the full range of the movement and really stretch that lat and lengthen it.

Ive always stayed away from them bc they look like they could fuck your back up if you did them wrong.

Whats a good weight to start with? and should they be done in the beginning of the workout or at the end?

I don't know what your strength level is at but start with 95lbs and work up from there. Get the form right and squeeze hard and even that will feel heavy. I personally don't go past 275 and even that is only when I'm really wanting to push it. I always wear a belt aswell. I don't use straps but if you do wait to use them at the last set. I do them second after I warm up with pull downs.

My back is one of my best bodyparts if not my best.

I would attest my growth to Tbar rows, reverse rows and heavy knee height rack pulls. all *thickness* exercises yet without them my width goes down

close grip chin ups, theres no need to go wide, also close grip lat pulldowns slowly down to the chest and squeeze making sure you get the full range of the movement

I did bb bent rows yesterday and my back is sore as hell today. I only went up to 185.

A wise man once said "a thicker lat is a wider lat", whether you're pulling horizontally or vertically, if your lats are growing you will get wider

In my opinion though horizontal pulling is best for rhomboids/traps/rear delt, vertical is the motion your lats were designed for. And nothing beats weighted chins when it comes to vertical pulling

Last edited:
deads are great for your posterior chain, forearms and a bit of traps, but they don't do much for the lats

Back