• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Protein from healthy food?

k.smith.4

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I weigh 150 pounds and I have trouble eating enough protein a day from natural food. I don't want to use supplements, because I'm just a beginner. I need another 80g of protein.

Foods I eat everyday:
- cottage cheese (160g) = 22g
- milk (15 oz) = 12g
- oatmeal (100g) = 15g
- tuna (50g can) = 15g
- beans (200g can) = 15g

= only 79g of PROTEIN.

Now I know that meat, eggs, seeds and nuts are high in protein but you shouldn't eat it every single day because they are also high in fat. I eat meat 3 times a week and I also eat about 3 eggs a week.

So which foods should I include in my everyday meal plan?

Now I know that meat, eggs, seeds and nuts are high in protein but you shouldn't eat it every single day because they are also high in fat.

You should actually be eating those foods because they have fat in them. You need fat in your diet. What is your concern about dietary fat?

Well, I think I already eat enough fat from other meals (not listed here). I don't eat junk food, but there's no worry about consuming too little fat for me.

The obvious thing to me is that I don't consume enough protein. Now, with nuts and seeds I get 3 times more fat than protein. Don't get me wrong - I believe eating them once in a while is VERY healthy, but I shouldn't use them as an everyday-protein-source.

So any ideas for everyday protein meals - to get these 80g of protein I'm lacking?

To answer your question directly: tuna, very lean beef, chicken breasts, egg whites, lean turkey breast, protein powder (Your connection between being a beginner and using supplements is basically a non sequitur).

However,

You are probably on these boards because you have some physical goal in mind. Perhaps gain weight or lose fat...it's usually one of those two.

From your questions and interpretations on what is 'healthy', it sounds like you are spinning your wheels with your diet.
You would benefit greatly by reading the link in my signature about getting started.

I eat meat and eggs and nut's every day yet my doctor seems to think im very healthy.

There is ALOT of missinformation out there, the trick is not to belive everything you read because there is so much thats conflicting you'll drive yourself insane.

While there is alot to be said for not starting load's of supp's in the early days because i think far to many beginner's thing "ooh if i take these i'll get ripped" i don't concider Protein Powder/Whey a suppliment and would really reccomend investing in a bottle it will make hitting the protien targets Soooo much easier.

i don't concider Protein Powder/Whey a suppliment and would really reccomend investing in a bottle it will make hitting the protien targets Soooo much easier.

I don't really consider it a supplement either. It's food.

I weigh 150 pounds and I have trouble eating enough protein a day from natural food. I don't want to use supplements, because I'm just a beginner. I need another 80g of protein.

Foods I eat everyday:
- cottage cheese (160g) = 22g
- milk (15 oz) = 12g
- oatmeal (100g) = 15g
- tuna (50g can) = 15g
- beans (200g can) = 15g

= only 79g of PROTEIN.

Now I know that meat, eggs, seeds and nuts are high in protein but you shouldn't eat it every single day because they are also high in fat. I eat meat 3 times a week and I also eat about 3 eggs a week.

So which foods should I include in my everyday meal plan?

Get cytogainer, it's not bad for you. Anyone who is into bodybuilding uses some form of protein powder. Cytogainer has a lot of protein, tastes pretty good, and has lots of vitamins in it too.

I eat meat and eggs and nut's every day yet my doctor seems to think im very healthy.

There is ALOT of missinformation out there, the trick is not to belive everything you read because there is so much thats conflicting you'll drive yourself insane.

While there is alot to be said for not starting load's of supp's in the early days because i think far to many beginner's thing "ooh if i take these i'll get ripped" i don't concider Protein Powder/Whey a suppliment and would really reccomend investing in a bottle it will make hitting the protien targets Soooo much easier.

True story. On my bulk, I was eating 6 WHOLE eggs a day plus lots of other crap obviously. I had my lipid levels tested at the end of it: it was around 160-70 total, 73 or so LDL (going off memory). That means my ratio of LDL:HDL was BETTER than 1:1.

Proper diet and exercise is more important than avoiding some bogeyman food because the media thinks its bad.

IML Gear Cream!
Nothing wrong with supplements as long as you get the right ones.

No one died from Whey protein before

Random musing, but related to the thread, since this is regarding healthy protein (perhaps the OP feels this way too, and is looking for alternate sources as he doesn't want to overload on this either):

Does the large amount of sodium in low-fat cottage cheese bother anyone else? I feel fairly parched after eating the stuff, and end up feeling as if I need to watch my salt intake the rest of the day.

To be honest, I often prefer supplements and lean meat over the much-lauded cottage cheese for this reason.

Last edited:
Nah. I just drink a ton of water to compensate. Nothing wrong with sodium for athletes. Helps keep the muscles hydrated, in fact.

Random musing, but related to the thread, since this is regarding healthy protein (perhaps the OP feels this way too, and is looking for alternate sources as he doesn't want to overload on this either):

Does the large amount of sodium in low-fat cottage cheese bother anyone else? I feel fairly parched after eating the stuff, and end up feeling as if I need to watch my salt intake the rest of the day.

To be honest, I often prefer supplements and lean meat over the much-lauded cottage cheese for this reason.

Cottage Cheese make's me bloat, i always hold ton's of water after eating it and it's noticable around my belly (i love pregnant haha).

This said it doens't bother me unless im going somewhere, for example im going out tommorrow night so i won't be eating any from now till then but any other time it's fine. However i do eat alot less of it than alot of people seem to for this very reason.

Eggs are definitely not bad for you. And if you're worried about the fat content, just eat the egg whites! They are packed with protein. Try mixing them into your oatmeal (Ryan Reynolds does this for breakfast). Also, nuts are certainly high and fat but have amazing health benefits such as high protein, especially almonds. Just eat a handful of them or try some on a salad for an extra bite. Lean meats include: fish, turkey breast, chicken breast, and sirloin.

Back