• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

McCain says knows how to capture bin Laden

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
You would think he would share his secret with Bush/Cheney a long time ago..........

McCain says knows how to capture bin Laden | World | Reuters

ST. PAUL (Reuters) - Republican candidate John McCain said on Wednesday that if elected president, he will capture al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"President Clinton had opportunities to get Osama bin Laden. President Bush had opportunities to get Osama bin Laden. I know how to do it and I'll do it," he told ABC's "World News" in an interview.

"I understand and I have the knowledge and the background and the experience to make the right judgments. Senator Obama does not," McCain said in a reference to his Democratic rival for the White House, Barack Obama.

McCain, who was a Navy fighter pilot and spent five years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam, said Obama "doesn't know how -- how the world works nor how the military works."

An early backer of the Iraq war, the Arizona senator has assailed Obama's judgment in opposing the war. He was asked to respond to Obama's accusation last week that McCain's focus on the Iraq war rather than pursuing al Qaeda had allowed bin Laden to escape in Afghanistan.

Al Qaeda is blamed for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States which killed almost 3,000 people in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania.

??© Thomson Reuters 2008 All rights reserved

So, we are all to assume that you'd rather have a candidate who was stating that "he doesn't know how to catch Osama bin Laden"? God, I love ignorant liberals.

So, we are all to assume that you'd rather have a candidate who was stating that "he doesn't know how to catch Osama bin Laden"? God, I love ignorant liberals.

How about we say "We will do the best we can" instead of holding out.

God I love how pompous arrogant just love to throw around labels, from now on I will leave the name and party of any candidate I post and watch how many times you'll disagree with what they do or say.

I bet if McCain spewed his love juice all over your face you would sit there and smile love it.

If you agree with what he said your a bigger idiot.

Yes, everything is bigger in Texas except for your brain and penis.....I always wanted to say that.

So if McCain had this knowledge all this time, don't you think this information would help quell some of the al Qaeda attacks and deaths caused after Sept. 2001?

"President Clinton had opportunities to get Osama bin Laden. President Bush had opportunities to get Osama bin Laden. I know how to do it and I'll do it," he told ABC's "World News" in an interview.

How can you throw your fellow man under the bus like that, sticking it to Clinton I can understand.

Last edited:
How can you throw your fellow man under the bus like that, sticking it to Clinton I can understand.

First you don't like McCain because he's too much like Bush. Now, when he shows he's NOT like Bush, you don't like him. Are we to assume you just don't like John McCain no matter what he says? :hmmm:

First you don't like McCain because he's too much like Bush. Now, when he shows he's NOT like Bush, you don't like him. Are we to assume you just don't like John McCain no matter what he says? :hmmm:

That's another issue, but to set the record straight I want to like him.
I know he'll win the Presidency, let's be real a Black American President, no way.

Don't you think he could have worded this differently?

Unreal, right now I am undecided on who I'll vote for, so far I like the choice for Veep but I do hope we have some change and McCain I don't know if he will do that.

Anyone can promise change.

I think this is one of the first good positive statements McCain has come out with in the past few weeks....I'm glad to hear it.

I don't think the title deserves a thumbs down sign at all.

But if he doesn't deliver....His career would be over in a heart beat IMHO.

I say if he knows how to capture the son of a bitch he should tell me so I can get the reward money....

If you agree with what he said your a bigger idiot.

Yes, everything is bigger in Texas except for your brain and penis.....I always wanted to say that.

You spelled you're wrong, and I'm not from Texas.

That's another issue, but to set the record straight I want to like him.
I know he'll win the Presidency, let's be real a Black American President, no way.

Don't you think he could have worded this differently?

Unreal, right now I am undecided on who I'll vote for, so far I like the choice for Veep but I do hope we have some change and McCain I don't know if he will do that.

Anyone can promise change.

That's fair.

Not sure I agree that Obama won't get elected because he's black. I'm actually holding out hope that the American people are smart enough not to fall for his empty words. That's all he is, a stuffed shirt who gives good speech.

I'm actually with you, I was VERY against McCain. The only reason I'm excited now is because of Palin. I hesitate to support McCain by quoting Bill O'Reilly, but I'm gonna do it anyway, "You know you're doing something right when BOTH sides hate you." Seems like a perfect description of McCain. I most certainly don't like everything he stands for. But I sure as hell agree with more of his policies than I agree with Obama's.

What I don't understand is how can McCain let this guy steal so much of the limelight, show some chuztpah damnit.

Palin is doing just that.

He is making promises that he can't keep. I am tired of being assured and promised the moon, I want to see somebody do it, or stfu.

What I don't understand is how can McCain let this guy steal so much of the limelight, show some chuztpah damnit.

Palin is doing just that.

Well, if you believe the theory of media bias, I'm not sure he has any control of that.

For the first time since I started voting I'm actually looking forward to the debates. THAT is where I think the winner is going to be decided. (There or at the polling booths.:p )

So what does McCain know about BinLaden that the Bush Gov, CIA and Pentagon dont?

So what does McCain know about BinLaden that the Bush Gov, CIA and Pentagon dont?

That was the first thing I wondered. Ask the people in this thread claiming they are glad to hear him say he was going to get Bin Laden? Maybe they know.

Well, I'm not entirely convinced McCain has the magical insight and clarvoiance to locate Bin Ladin, but at least he's willing to try.

I'm not entirely convinced Obama's course of action won't involve us retreating to the rear after we've left our weapons on our bunks with a hand-written apology note from each soldier, sailor and Marine who dared serve in this theater of operations.

Well, I'm not entirely convinced McCain has the magical insight and clarvoiance to locate Bin Ladin, but at least he's willing to try.

Right, and that is what he should have said, instead of hitting me in the face with bullshit.

IML Gear Cream!
Well, let's not forget McCain is a former Combat Aviator.

His solution may very well be the wholesale carpet bombing of the bordering mountains between Paki and Afghanistan.

Level those fuckers and you'll probably secure Bin Laden in the process. :thumb:

Well, let's not forget McCain is a former Combat Aviator.

His solution may very well be the wholesale carpet bombing of the bordering mountains between Paki and Afghanistan.

Level those fuckers and you'll probably secure Bin Laden in the process. :thumb:

That is not good enough. Bin Laden could be anywhere on the planet. You can't carpet bomb a small area and claim victory on this one.

You know as well as I that we were already told he was dead once before.

Really no different than Obama saying he'd charge into Pakistan without Pakistani approval if he knew bin laden was in there.. which would potentially destroy US-Pakistan relations.

Really no different than Obama saying he'd charge into Pakistan without Pakistani approval if he knew bin laden was in there.. which would potentially destroy US-Pakistan relations.

Wrong! He could in fact do that. It would be in his control as president to do that. It would be a huge mistake, but he could actually do it. McCain is just talking out of his ass about something he ... and here is the key phrase, has no fucking control over.

That is not good enough. Bin Laden could be anywhere on the planet. You can't carpet bomb a small area and claim victory on this one.

Good point.

He should be sure to use nukes.

You can't carpet bomb a small area and claim victory on this one.

It couldn't hurt to try.

Supposedly Osama needs dialysis. Even if he doesn't, but had an illness that made people think that he might, he can't be in good health. Having that poor of a health and living in huts, caves, and such, I really doubt that he's still alive.

Hell, it's likely the Arabs/terrorists (I like synonyms) destroyed his body so that he can never be "found."

Wrong! He could in fact do that. It would be in his control as president to do that. It would be a huge mistake, but he could actually do it. McCain is just talking out of his ass about something he ... and here is the key phrase, has no fucking control over.
Well... you never know....

McCain just might have Chuck Norris in his back pocktet. Chuck Norris can do anything.

Seriously though, I probably shouldn't be so sarcastic about it.

McCain's statements are not entirely without merit. Clinton and Bush both (aparently) had opportunities to put steel on target yet, for reasons not entirely clear to us, they didn't. Who is to say McCain wouldn't hesitate to place all the might at his disposal to dispatch Bin Laden if given the chance?

I'll tell you what. If McCain can deliver a dead Bin Laden, I will give him a round of applause, and a pat on the back. Until then, McCain is gettign nothing but disdain from me.

I thought, aside from this very statement, that McCain did excellently last night. At this point, I'm still not voting for him, but I am more open to it. The problem is that these conventions are an opening for the debates and very little substance comes from them. Once the debates roll around we will see who the real winners will be. I think that Palin will get destroyed by Biden but that is irrelevant, I am voting for a pres, not a vice.

Back