• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Rambo99's Ramadan Log

rambo99

Registered Abuser
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
About a week left before Ramadan starts, and I will be fasting for the entire month. This log will be to track my progress and document my findings. I have fasted for many, many years. Some years I gained weight (flab) some years I lost weight. Last year I went from roughly 220lbs to 200lbs during the month of Ramadan, I trained but didn't really track my diet or anything and was shocked at the results.

The goal this year is a recomp during this month. If you guys have followed my previous logs you know that I do not do anything in an "orderly" or "conventional" fashion, meaning what I say here in the start may change depending on how I feel. Nothing is written in stone except for the goal of building lean muscle and dropping unwanted fat.

My current stats are 5'5" and hovering around 185lbs. My current diet consists of 4 meals, 2000 cals at 200g of protein, 44g of fat, and 200g of carbs. Days that I have less carbs I have more fats and vice versa. This is up from the 1600 cals I was running during the contest. Currently my strength and stamina in the gym has sky rocketed since upping my cals and carbs. I am hitting set after set with the heavier weights I was using before the cut. Also my muscle fullness and vascularity has gone up. I'm being complimented, asked questions, and envied a bit.

Goal during Ramadan is to have 3-4 meals, the eating window is very short. Therefore before sunrise, I will have a small meal with high protein and moderate carbs with an additional shake. Then at Iftar (sunset) I will have a larger meal consisting of a decent amount of carbs. I will then workout a couple hours later and then have a shake before bed. The two shakes alone are 600 cals, therefore I believe I can keep my intake close to what it is at now between 1800 to 2000 cals at 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fats.

My training style may shift slightly to a strength training type of workouts. I will probably do some cardio a few times a week. Currently I am doing alot of sets of compound movements and then incorporating a number of isolation exercises, I may stick to that I'll see it's a bro split that I have ran for years.

Will post pics soon of myself as well as foods, etc. Thanks to anyone who follows.

Disclaimer: I am not here to argue religion or politics, etc. Yes, I am Muslim and have my own beliefs. So please respect my beliefs as I respect yours and keep any comments regarding these subjects to yourself. This is a log not the place and time for that type of thing. Thank you.

Today I had a very intense arm day. My biceps and forearms were literally going numb at one point, one of my buddy's at the gym told me to slow down. I felt great, was hitting set after set workout after workout with barely any breaks. I seem to always forget the workouts that I did but I'll try to list them below.

HS preacher curls 4 sets, 5th set was a drop set dropping the weight every few reps till I can pump some more
DB skull crushers to barbell skull crushers 6 sets, lighter weight was with DBs and heavier was with Barbell, got to a 45lb plate on each side which I believe is 115 if my weight of the bar is right
One arm db preachers 4 sets
Straight bar curls 6 sets
Dips 4 sets
DB tricep kickbacks 3 sets
Cable tricep kickdowns 3 sets
Hammer curls 4 sets
DB curls 3 sets
Dips to failure 1 set

No cardio.

Thanks brother.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Late night pic I took yesterday after dinner.

8e3a9una.jpg

This was the meal. 9oz of steak total with a little bit of cheese.

ru2uhu3e.jpg

Got into the gym later then usual today, I actually had 10oz of chicken breast and a cup of black beans preworkout. I was hungry and ate it in literally 5 mins, well not the best idea. I was walking around pregnant.

Still hit 9 exercises, different variations of rows, pulldowns, deadlifts, etc. Around 36 total sets I would say. Hard to keep track while running around hitting one thing after another. Felt pretty strong but the food was irritating my stomach. Now I know during Ramadan to keep at least an hour post meal before hitting the gym.

You ate all of that and did dead lifts within an hour?! I'd be puking all over with such a short gap.

what is the water intake like? Can you drink during the day, or no drinking either? I don't know the rules of Ramadan, so curious how water fits in. Any gear during this?

No water during the fast, one of the reasons why I will workout after I break my fast.

Yea it was not fun being that full lol I did not feel like puking at all just felt full, hard to breathe.

No gear thru this, just trt.

I will drink at least a gallon during my eating window to stay hydrated throughout the day.

185.6lbs this morning.

IML Gear Cream!
183.2lbs this morning. Hit legs last night.

Leg curls 7 sets
Leg extensions 7 sets
Hack squat 4 sets
Leg press 5 sets
Seated calf raises 7 sets

Lots of drop sets and some pyramid sets. Legs were smoked and jumpy by the end.

Chest today

Incline bench 5 sets
Incline heavy db flies 3 sets
Incline db press 4 sets
Pec fly machine 4 sets
HS incline press 4 sets
Cable crossovers 3 sets
Cardio 20 mins

Lots of reps on these and last set was always a drop set. Really got my chest pumping.

Pic of last meal, 10.5oz of chicken breast, a 1/3 cup of black beans, and a couple handfuls of veggies.

unaqegep.jpg

Took a quick selfie lol.

zezagama.jpg

Boulders today!!! One of my favorite muscle group, when I first started my delts always slightly lagged. I hit them hard, twice a week at times to bring them up and man am I happy where they are at now. Started with DB overhead press, went to failure on pretty much every set. Then grabbed some lighter DBs and hit some lateral raises till I couldn't raise my arms. HS overhead press, attacked that. Upright rows, barbell shrugs, more overhead press (behind the neck) on the smith machine, DB shrugs, back to lateral raises with cables. My delts were smoked by now but not done yet, jumped on a "run the rack" DB lateral raises 30s to failure, 25s to failure, 20s to failure, and finished with 15s to failure. 8 exercises at 4 to 6 sets each with almost always doing dropsets. I can't workout anymore without doing dropsets, I hate stopping after failure so I just grab a lighter weight and keep going.

Jumped on the elliptical for 15mins.

Tomorrow is the first day of Ramadan. So here it is, I will be fasting from 3:30 am to 8:30 pm. I'm going to wake up at around 2 am and have a nice meal and shake. At 8:30 pm I will break my fast with a medium sized meal, good amount of protein and carbs. I will then hit the gym at around 10 pm on weekdays and then have a shake post-workout. On weekends since my gym closes early I have two choices, one take those days off which I am not a fan of at all or two workout fasted around 7 so that afterwards I break my fast with a post-workout meal. The second choice sounds more appealing to me and I have done it in the past so I am not concerned with dehydration, etc. I know my body and how it functions during fasting.

Tomorrow will be practice as far as diet. I have planned out what to eat but not sure if the macros will be correct or not. So the first week will be experimenting with the two meals and two shakes. I may have to add a snack post-workout with the shake in order to get in some extra calories. I will play it by ear and see.

Pic of last meal, 10.5oz of chicken breast, a 1/3 cup of black beans, and a couple handfuls of veggies.

unaqegep.jpg

Took a quick selfie lol.

zezagama.jpg

Damn looks like you are leaning out even more, What are you currently running?

Ok so first meal of the day.

5 egg whites, 2 turkey sausages, a plain bagel, and a bowl of special k yogurt and fruit cereal with a cup of 2% milk.

a9e2y5y8.jpg

Macros are 12g of fat, 60g of protein, and 94g of carbs. A total of 735 cals.

Will down a 300cal, 50g protein shake before I hit the sack. Drinking plenty of water, I have taken 5 pisses in the past hour lol

Damn looks like you are leaning out even more, What are you currently running?

Thanks man. Cruise mode now, I'm still hitting the diet and training hard brother so still seeing changes. I'm feeling better overall lately too so been hitting the training even harder then before to be honest.

Now that I am fasting, we will see where I can take my physique.

Thanks man. Cruise mode now, I'm still hitting the diet and training hard brother so still seeing changes. I'm feeling better overall lately too so been hitting the training even harder then before to be honest.

Now that I am fasting, we will see where I can take my physique.

The fast is sunrise to sunset correct? And its no food or water right? Thats tough i give you props but it should actually be good for your digestive system to give it a break and by fasting your insulin levels will be in the tank so natural GH production should be nice and high, If you have any peptide experience i would run some IPAM or GHRP-2 to take advantage of those low insulin levels during the day.

Yes that is correct, sunrise to sunset no food or water. No never ran peptides before, may look into it. thanks.

New low this morning!! 182.4lbs.

Just got back from the gym, arms today. Did a number of variations of bicep and tricep workouts alternating between the muscles for the most part. Since I couldn't have water I am feeling a bit thirsty, especially since I'm used to gulping down a ton between sets. Shouldn't be a prob as I break my fast in about 45 mins. I was surprised as I kept up to my usual tempo. At first I was taking it slow since I didn't know how I was going to react being the first day and all but after a while I got into my usual assault.

184.6lbs this morning.

Legs today

Started with some squats. Attempted a PR but felt my bad knee giving in and I didn't eant it to wreck my workout so I went back up. Standing calf raises, stiff leg deads, leg press, barbell and db lunges, and HS calf machine.

Felt good, worked out sort of early since my gym closes early today. 3hrs till I break my fast and feeling fine so far.

Some post workout leg pics....

yhytugu5.jpg

nuna6ary.jpg

e7ydysap.jpg

One observation, I have been overeating when I break my fast. I just shove food down like a barbarian. Yea I'm hungry but I end up eating beyond hunger satisfaction, just eating to eat. I need to stop that, last night my meal was so big that this morning I woke up still felt full and just had some water and skipped the breakfast. I have been overdoing the protein and carbs, been getting around 70 grams of protein and over 100g of carbs. I need to slow down and portion myself back down. It's hard getting used to at first but I will have to work at it.

Today was the first day of breaking my fast and then waiting an hour and having a late workout. I felt good, did back and was able to get a great pump. I usually don't get a super good pump like this on back days. I decided to take 40mgs of tadafil preworkout, and that definitely helped achieve the pump. Water intake has been good, I piss regularly during the day and do not get thirsty much. My 8:30 pm meal is the only issue I see right now that i need to work at.

Only had 1500cals today, less carbs only 100g instead of 200g. Still hit my 200g protein intake. I feel much better and less bloated. My eating window is small so trying to fit in 2000cals may not be feasible, I felt uncomfortable trying to sleep last night. Basically I had two meals, each with 50gs of carbs and 50gs of protein and two 50g protein shakes.

I trained chest today and felt great. I hit my max on bench for reps and then drop setted down in stages till I got to one plate. Had a huge chest pump, feels good to be working out with heavy weight again. I regained my strength and some since my recent cut for the transformation contest. Got in a good 25 sets total, lots of dropsets. I finished off with incline bench on the smith machine, what I like about this is if I set it up right it literally only targets my chest and my tri's and delts are out of the exercise. Huge pump, felt great!!!

I dropped some weight pretty hard the past few days. Eating 100-150g of carbs. I slept through this morning and didn't get to eat. Was looking pretty flat. Weighed myself after work 176.8lbs, couldn't believe it...so I weighed myself after my workout and meal, 180.4lbs. I'm still leaning out more and more by the day, and the fasting is helping that.

evesuqet.jpg

I dropped some weight pretty hard the past few days. Eating 100-150g of carbs. I slept through this morning and didn't get to eat. Was looking pretty flat. Weighed myself after work 176.8lbs, couldn't believe it...so I weighed myself after my workout and meal, 180.4lbs. I'm still leaning out more and more by the day, and the fasting is helping that.

evesuqet.jpg

So with the fast from sunrise to sunset, you basically get 1 meal pre sunrise? and then how many after sunset before going to sleep?

Meal and shake pre-sunrise. Then meal and then a couple hours later a shake and maybe a snack post-sunrise.

Back