• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

For Hire: Lobbyists or the 99%? How Corporations Pay More for Lobbyists Than Taxes

What we need is a ban on lobbyists. The whole system is corrupt, top to bottom.

It's legalized bribery for fuck's sake.

Ole Mutt says, "Corporations are people my friend".

YouTube Video

Yet, this person doesn't spend millions to influence elections, the whole time having taxes cut lower than the Mailmans.

Damn liar!

Yet, when this practice was first implemented by the Cosa Nuestra it was widely frowned upon and quickly remedied.

When organized crime did it, it was bad.

Now organised crime gets away with it!

Ole Mutt says, "Corporations are people my friend".

YouTube Video

Yet, this person doesn't spend millions to influence elections, the whole time having taxes cut lower than the Mailmans.

Damn liar!

Mitt is not only a fucking liar but a total douche-bag. the private equity firm Bain Capital that Mitt used to run specialized in leveraged buyouts, buying control of companies with borrowed money, pledged against those companies??? earnings or assets. However, job creation at the target firms were no greater than in similar firms that were not targets, while ???gross job destruction was substantially higher. Mitt made his fortune in a business that is, on balance, about job destruction rather than job creation. And because job destruction hurts workers even as it increases profits and the incomes of top executives, leveraged buyout firms have contributed to the combination of stagnant wages and soaring incomes at the top that has characterized America since the 80's.

IML Gear Cream!
Mitt is not only a fucking liar but a total douche-bag. ........

I agree 100%

(Insert any politician name here) is not only a fucking liar but a total douche-bag

Lobbying has really hurt this country, it needs to go completely, or at least be heavily regulated...

Mitt is not only a fucking liar but a total douche-bag. the private equity firm Bain Capital that Mitt used to run specialized in leveraged buyouts, buying control of companies with borrowed money, pledged against those companies??? earnings or assets. However, job creation at the target firms were no greater than in similar firms that were not targets, while ???gross job destruction was substantially higher. Mitt made his fortune in a business that is, on balance, about job destruction rather than job creation. And because job destruction hurts workers even as it increases profits and the incomes of top executives, leveraged buyout firms have contributed to the combination of stagnant wages and soaring incomes at the top that has characterized America since the 80's.

Right on point LAM, as always. I still say these mutha phuqas know something we're not privy to.

Were being sold out, and people just go right on voting for these guys, and we wonder why nothing ever changes......

Why Is Employment Growth So Low?

From the Federal Reserve Board - St Louis

Capital projects would solve this very easily. the jobs need to come where the people are not the other way around. far too many are locked into an upside down mortgage right now, leaving the current home work area is not a viable option for many.

Were being sold out, and people just go right on voting for these guys, and we wonder why nothing ever changes......

:winkfinger: Yes, these dumbasses complain about status quo politicians but that's exactly who they vote for. I guess that's a burden of being stupid.

I used to work in a shop where this stupid guy would complain about his schedule every week. He'd tell me "look at what Robert(the manager) scheduled me for, I'm gonna kill that Robert" and no matter what, there were too many hours or too few. 18 hours one week would be too many and the next not enough. Stupid people lack structural reasoning and tend to complain about 'the man' just because it's 'the man'.

Lobbying has really hurt this country, it needs to go completely, or at least be heavily regulated...

at this point because of lobbying and private money in US politics it almost seems like the easiest thing to do would be to abandon representative democracy and go with direct democracy. that would take all the power away from the lobbyists.

:winkfinger: Yes, these dumbasses complain about status quo politicians but that's exactly who they vote for. I guess that's a burden of being stupid.

I used to work in a shop where this stupid guy would complain about his schedule every week. He'd tell me "look at what Robert(the manager) scheduled me for, I'm gonna kill that Robert" and no matter what, there were too many hours or too few. 18 hours one week would be too many and the next not enough. Stupid people lack structural reasoning and tend to complain about 'the man' just because it's 'the man'.

Naw brotha, :winkfinger: at you.

We just have to endure, and hope someday the rest catch up.

I'm nobody, But, I can call a spade a spade.

And a crook a crook!

And I feel every bit of the repercussion.

at this point because of lobbying and private money in US politics it almost seems like the easiest thing to do would be to abandon representative democracy and go with direct democracy. that would take all the power away from the lobbyists.

No thanks, I would never want everything subject to the will of the herd.

Here's an idea: Take corporations out of politics completely. They can no longer lobby or make campaign donations. Individuals can only make $1 campaign contributions per election cycle.

Completely removes the influence of money and if a politician wants the job he's really got to want it.

No thanks, I would never want everything subject to the will of the herd.

it works in other country's. people would have to get more involved in the community. I used to watch zoning board hearings on the local cable channel then one day decided that I needed to at least go to a couple just to get more familiar with the procedures and atmosphere. just like with PTA, Neighborhood Watch, etc. people would have to actually put an effort into deciding what's best for the community.

for the past 30+ years our elected representatives have only been doing the bidding of the markets and those at the top of the food chain. if things are ever going to get batter in 50 or 100 years from now this has to stop.

I remember eating the school food in elementary school and saying how nasty this is back in the mid 70's. here we are 40 years later in 2011 still serving our children nasty school lunches. but if somebody at the top of the food chain needs some legislation passed to increase their market-share, profits, etc. it gets handled no problem.

I remember eating the school food in elementary school and saying how nasty this is back in the mid 70's. here we are 40 years later in 2011 still serving our children nasty school lunches.

Well maybe that highlights the difference between us. When I was in school I brought my lunch and it didn't matter how nasty the food was. I don't need the government to feed me. If it were up to liberals, kids probably wouldn't be allowed to bring their lunch, they'd have to eat the government mandated food.

I'd much rather live under the constitution, than the mindless majority.

Well maybe that highlights the difference between us. When I was in school I brought my lunch and it didn't matter how nasty the food was. I don't need the government to feed me. If it were up to liberals, kids probably wouldn't be allowed to bring their lunch, they'd have to eat the government mandated food.

I'd much rather live under the constitution, than the mindless majority.

not every mother is a great home maker. my mother was a business woman cooking and cleaning was not on her list so neither was making lunches for anyone so i always had to buy lunch at school from grades 1-12. come to think of it I started cooking my own breakfast in grade 2.

public institutions across the globe have been providing this service in primary education systems for hundreds of years. it's pretty much one of the basic functions of a modern day society.

Last edited:
I used to be a lobbyist for a Fortune 500 company. It was fun wining and dining politicians and giving them money to buy their support... uh, I mean, for us to contribute to candidates' campaigns that agreed with our point of view. We made some long lasting friends in both state legislatures and in the Congress. :winkfinger:

I agree people have to have more responsibility for their country. Not just work and go home. We should work less and get involved more. But most people don't want responsibility even if it meant their freedom.

We need to lock into the freedom flame. Our founders had it, some of them gave up their whole live, family, to pursue it. We have it within us.

What one has done many can do.

not every mother is a great home maker. my mother was a business woman cooking and cleaning was not on her list so neither was making lunches for anyone so i always had to buy lunch at school from grades 1-12. come to think of it I started cooking my own breakfast in grade 2.

public institutions across the globe have been providing this service in primary education systems for hundreds of years. it's pretty much one of the basic functions of a modern day society.

This is wonderful, I find this argument to be fascinating. In one sentence you say public institutions have been providing the service for hundreds of years and the next you claim it's modern. You've really covered both your basis there. Of course both of these facts are irrelevant and even have their own name(argumentum ad antiquitatem,argumentum ad novitatem). I'm just amazed you had the balls to use both in one argument and for that I salute you. :dwnthumb:

As to "not every mother is a great home maker."...
Providing food is one of the most basic responsibilities a parent can have, if they can't do that they're a shitty parent. The state taking up that slack literally makes them a nanny state. Reliance equals control and therefore is adverse to perhaps the most important principle of humanity - liberty.

Not so sure about direct democracy, then you get mob rule like serbia, this would go against this country's great tradition of being a republic where the tyranny of the masses don't suppress the rights of individual's whose belief system ( such as moi) may be in conflict with the majority. Coorporate influence on government is a fact in every society, totaliarian, communist etc. But Lam is right, this country's idea of representative democracy is now so corrupt you only have a say in the "democracy" if your lobbying power is powerful enough leaving the majority of us non- corporate individuals impotent. This country has thrived on being a hybrid, why not government regulation limiting or defining more reasonable parameters for lobbying but perhaps not completely eliminating corporate lobbying altogether? like health insurance reform ( which won't happen due to health insurance's powerful lobbying presence) we need lobbying reform. The latter will affect all other types of needed reform......

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/01/u...?_r=2&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20120701

[h=1]Bain Attacks Make Inroads for President[/h][h=6]By JIM RUTENBERG and JEFF ZELENY[/h]Propelled by a torrent of blistering television advertisements, President Obama is successfully invoking Mitt Romney’s career at Bain Capital to raise questions about his commitment to the middle class, strategists in both parties say, as the candidates engage in a critical summer duel to set the terms for this fall.

Despite doubts among some Democrats about the wisdom of attacking Mr. Romney’s business career, Obama commercials painting him as a ruthless executive who pursued profits at the expense of jobs are starting to make an impact on some undecided voters, according to strategists from both sides, who differ on whether they are causing any substantial damage.

While the sense of worry and alarm that has hung over the White House for weeks is dissipating, and with his supporters relieved by the Supreme Court decision on Thursday to uphold most of his health care law, Mr. Obama faces new challenges before the conventions at the end of the summer.

People close to the Romney campaign say it could close its June fund-raising books having collected an additional $100 million, possibly more, a tally that would exceed all expectations and further extend the overall Republican financial advantage in the race.

With that cash influx, Mr. Romney’s team is preparing a new advertising campaign that will aggressively portray Mr. Obama as a craven political figure, rather than the transformative leader he pledged he would be.

They began that effort in the past several days with a new ad that uses video of Hillary Rodham Clinton lashing out at Mr. Obama in the 2008 Democratic primary campaign as spending “millions of dollars perpetuating falsehoods.” Aides said they were considering more ads with Mrs. Clinton or her husband criticizing Mr. Obama.

“He’s just another politician,” Matt Rhoades, the campaign manager for Mr. Romney, said in an interview. “He’s not the Barack Obama of the last campaign.”

And Mr. Obama’s aides acknowledged that whatever they do, they still must contend with a troubled economy, with monthly reminders in the unemployment and job creation reports, the next of which comes out on Friday.

Mr. Romney’s aides said in interviews that their strategy depended on keeping their candidate close to Mr. Obama in the polls until at least the Republican convention at the end of August. They hope to begin to pull away then with a relentless case that Mr. Obama has not been up to the job of fixing the economy — and that Mr. Romney has the experience and the knowledge to lead the nation to recovery.

They have studiously avoided getting drawn into what they have called side issues. And at times they have limited Mr. Romney’s media appearances, even after the health care decision, which conservatives believe will help motivate voters who now see electing Mr. Romney as the only chance of undoing the law.

But Mr. Romney’s strategy of avoiding clashes on issues other than the economy and minimizing his risks — he has no public events scheduled until at least the Fourth of July — is starting to draw criticism even from some fellow Republicans, who are urging him to take more specific stands and set out a more positive agenda.

Mr. Obama, by contrast, has put other big issues in front of the nation on his terms, most notably same-sex marriage and illegal immigration, displaying the advantages of incumbency, energizing crucial voting groups and moving public attention at least temporarily away from jobs.

But even as they have tried to expand the playing field of issues, Mr. Obama’s aides said they would not let up on their efforts to challenge the core of Mr. Romney’s campaign, his claim to be a better economic manager.
“We’ve got to make sure people fully appreciate Mitt Romney is not some safe alternative,” said David Plouffe, a senior adviser to the president.

To drive home that point over the past few weeks, Mr. Obama has gone on an advertising binge, spending more than $12 million during a single week in mid-June, according to a Republican group that monitors advertising spending.
According to the independent media tracking firm CMAG, between early April and late June Mr. Obama spent at least $40 million and Mr. Romney at least $10 million, with outside groups like Crossroads GPS and Restore Our Future making up the difference for him.

The latest advertisement against Mr. Romney has been criticized by independent fact-checkers as incorrectly calling Mr. Romney a corporate raider and unfairly alleging that he “shipped jobs to China and Mexico.”
Mr. Obama’s acute focus on Bain has drawn complaints from Democrats, including high-profile surrogates like Mayor Cory A. Booker of Newark, who said in May that he found the attacks nauseating. And even as the liberal “super PAC” Priorities USA Action joined the attack with similar ads, some Democrats said they had concluded that the attacks were not working anyway.

But recent Quinnipiac University polls found that there were slight shifts in Mr. Obama’s favor in Ohio on the question of who would do a better job handling the economy, and that he was roughly even with Mr. Romney on the question in Pennsylvania.

In the most recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, 33 percent of respondents in swing states said that hearing or reading about Mr. Romney’s business record had made them view him more negatively, as opposed to 18 percent who said it made them view him more favorably.

And strategists with both parties said independent voters speaking in focus groups had indicated that they had seen the ads or heard their charges and that they had raised questions in their minds about Mr. Romney’s experience.
Steve Schmidt, a Republican strategist who ran Senator John McCain’s presidential campaign in 2008, said the attacks on Mr. Romney’s business experience appear to have resulted in a “fairly mild increase in disapproval ratings.” But, he said, “it’s not a huge rise over the course of a month.”

And officials with Mr. Romney’s campaign said that whatever questions the advertisements might have raised, they had not shifted opinions away from a general belief among swing voters that Mr. Romney is “the guy to fix the economy” and that he “will actually get the job done,” said Neil Newhouse, Mr. Romney’s pollster.

More important, they said, Mr. Romney remains in a statistical tie with Mr. Obama at a time when he is still recovering from his rough primary fight and is scrambling to raise money.

“As you start to put together a general election campaign, it’s when an incumbent president should be at his strongest,” said Stuart Stevens, a senior Romney strategist. “They’ve been preparing for this moment for three and a half years, and we’ve been in a primary until very recently.”

Even with the political terrain newly settled by the Supreme Court’s decision, neither side expects the campaign to move beyond its dogfight status before the party conventions and the debates.
“It’s going to be very close,” Mr. Plouffe said in an interview. “We’re not looking for — and don’t expect — seismic movement.”

Back