• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Open Vial Expiration

Lost Grizzly

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have a script for .5 Test C per week. My Dr has me pick up a 200ml bottle that should last 20 weeks at that dose which is almost 5 months.

So when I picked up another 200ml bottle the pharm tech informed me that I should trash any open vials more that 3 months old to prevent bacteria or infection. I am not sure what my Dr would think if I was asking for a new bottle every 3 months if they should last 5 months.

I am waiting to see what my lab results are doing the .5 dose weekly. Maybe I can do .7 weekly and still keep my test below the max. That would make a 200ml bottle last 14 weeks vs the 20.

What do the rest of you do?

Sounds like a pitch to get you to buy more Test to me. Lets see now, you clean the top with alcohol right? And you use a sterile needle right? I guess it's possible for some bacteria to get through one of the needle piercings, but what would it grow in?

I dunno for sure, but it sounds like a real long shot to me.

Five months shouldn't be an issue if you're not injection air into the vial.
If all you do is draw your does out every week with a 21g or smaller pin I don't think you'll have a problem.

Five months shouldn't be an issue if you're not injection air into the vial.
If all you do is draw your does out every week with a 21g or smaller pin I don't think you'll have a problem.

I do inject the amount of air I plan to withdraw. Is that not recommended? I withdraw with 18g and inject with 23g.

I do inject the amount of air I plan to withdraw. Is that not recommended? I withdraw with 18g and inject with 23g.

I don't do it that way. Some guys will say it alright.
Most of us probably don't have a vial around for 5 months.

You could always buy some empty sterile vials and when you get your new vial of Test just draw out 3cc and put it into the empty.

18g puts a big hole in the stopper.

It should be fine, as far as they are concerned,the more you buy the better .I just started again after a year lay off , it did me no good imo, doing 200mgs of e-test per week, but doing 50 mgs of prop test eod for 3 wks while the e-test kicks in, it's from an open bottle of prop, i've done 3shots & feel better .. btw the exp date was 8/14.. GTG...

My biggest problem is probably storing my stuff on top of a cabinet above the toilet.

Had a pharmacist tell me Thursday that my vials are only good for 28 days after you puncture the stopper the first time, and that I should buy 10 x 1ml vials for $232, I said I have been doing this for a few years and I'm not worried about it, I'll take my usual 10ml vial,($82) as the prescription is written by my doctor, then he tells me they wont receive any 10ml vials no matter how many they order, get used to it, that's the way it is! Had my prescription transferred to their competition who called me on Friday to say my 10ml vial, syringes, needles and adex were ready or pick up. Don't know what is going on with these people, 2 months ago our local Costco went from $62 for the whole prescription to $146 for just the Test C

200ml vial? that is one big ass vial of test brother!

He is giving you advice that he believes makes sense. But, srsly, don't trash any unused vials. They last a long time. I have stuff here over a year old that I've pulled test out of and still use. My bloods every 60 days tell me its still good. As far as an infection goes, I don't go for it as long as you are injecting the area the right way. Also, benzyl alcohol is used as a bac preservative as well as a solvent in injectables. so no worries in my opinion. Even injecting air each time.

He is giving you advice that he believes makes sense. But, srsly, don't trash any unused vials. They last a long time. I have stuff here over a year old that I've pulled test out of and still use. My bloods every 60 days tell me its still good. As far as an infection goes, I don't go for it as long as you are injecting the area the right way. Also, benzyl alcohol is used as a bac preservative as well as a solvent in injectables. so no worries in my opinion. Even injecting air each time.

I completely agree - don't listen to the pharmacy rep
Wasn't trying to bust your balls with my previous comment
Just having a little fun

I am not mad or I would have said something worse. I made a typo and you tried to make a funny out of it.

Back