• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

First time in major league history

tucker01

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Since they started keeping stats in 1871, there won't be a 20 game winner

Glavine is close with 289 and randy johnson has 280

Its hard to see randy getting to 300. Glavine maybe

Randy is only 20 off. Depends on how long he wants to keep his career going.

This say's a lot the quality of pitching today, no wonder hitters are better nowadays.

The babe would have a 100 homers by now.

IML Gear Cream!
Glavine will get there. Theres really no doubt there.

It's funny but a couple of years ago there was a bit of doubt as to whether he could ever get them as a Met.

It's funny but a couple of years ago there was a bit of doubt as to whether he could ever get them as a Met.

I agreed then as well. I thought whenever he came over he was below average at best. To put it bluntly he stunk it up! But now not only has he turned it around so havent the mets. You know the saying "If one goes they all go". :thumb:

Pitchers today are far better than the pitchers of yesteryear, it's just that the gap between hitter and pitcher is less. Babe wouldn't be able to cork his bat now, so my guess is more like 20 homers. :)

The real problem is that 60 years ago, 1 maybe 2 pitchers pitched a game, nowadays 5 pitchers may pitch 9 innings, 3 at the very least.

Whether or not Babe did cork his bat I dont know that we will ever know, but however he did swing a 51 ounce bat! And if he knew what the guys of today know he would've undoubtedly hit over 70 homers in a season.

Pitchers today are far better than the pitchers of yesteryear, it's just that the gap between hitter and pitcher is less. Babe wouldn't be able to cork his bat now, so my guess is more like 20 homers. :)

The real problem is that 60 years ago, 1 maybe 2 pitchers pitched a game, nowadays 5 pitchers may pitch 9 innings, 3 at the very least.
That rumor was definitly started by a RedSox.....haters.

Pitching was at it best in the 60's and 70's.

Roger Clemens was pretty good in the 80's and 90's, there were a few pitchers as good as him......I don't think there are too many that are as good as he is now in his 40's.

Why would you say there are better pitchers now anyway?
There's a shortage of quality lefty hitters.

In fact I don't think I ever saw the National league pitch so awful.

Whether or not Babe did cork his bat I dont know that we will ever know, but however he did swing a 51 ounce bat! And if he knew what the guys of today know he would've undoubtedly hit over 70 homers in a season.
Look at Sammy Sosa, he's juiced up....was caught with a corked bat and played more games in a season.
Take away all 3 and I doubt he would get 60 homers.

I dont know. Players no days know what it takes to get the job done. And with pitching so much worse now and bats more refined, not to mention all of the mechanics that go into hitting now, I think the Babe may shatter the record. However thats one thing we will never know.

Don't forget he was a raging alcoholic, and there are 50 different pitches now, as opposed to like 2 back in the day.

I would say the pitching is watered down now, but that is because there are twice as many teams, not a lack of talent. Also, take into consideration the larger amount of travel, there were no teams west of the mississippi, and I don't think Babe's body would be able to take a season now. If he laid off the alcohol, maybe.

IML Gear Cream!
Don't forget he was a raging alcoholic, and there are 50 different pitches now, as opposed to like 2 back in the day.

I would say the pitching is watered down now, but that is because there are twice as many teams, not a lack of talent. Also, take into consideration the larger amount of travel, there were no teams west of the mississippi, and I don't think Babe's body would be able to take a season now. If he laid off the alcohol, maybe.
These guys fly all over now, taking the railroad back then was tough.....they had no AC either.

He was passed out anyway.

Back