• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Going to sleep hungry?

NHess21

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So i have always thought that you should not eat before you go to sleep? Is this true or is it okay to eat somthing light before you go to sleep?

Depends what your goals are. If you want to cut then you probably should stay away from food before bed.

Cals in vs cals out. If you were in a cal deficit all day, and finally made your maintenance cals right before bed, do you really think you would gain weight?
Agreed,I don't know why this is confusing.To gain weight you eat more cals than maintenance;to lose weight you eat less.What time of day you choose to take in your calories is up to you.I know personally I don't sleep well hungry so I like to eat something at night no matter if I'm cutting or gaining.

Depends what your goals are. If you want to cut then you probably should stay away from food before bed.

I disagree with this. As mentioned a few posts above, the balance of calories in vs out will determine if weight is lost or gained. When you eat has no direct affect.

I've actually started having a Casein protein shake before bed and it really helps

Thanks for the feedback guys. Well i think the reason im hungry at night is my day doesn't start at normal time im in college and my first class ins't til 1:00pm so i normally don't wake up til 12:00 and i lift and do cardio around 2-2:30 so my eating schedule is just messed up i guess. But i am cutting so you say to stay away from eating at night? Because by that time i do meet the cal im aiming for.

I eat at night when I'm cutting. Makes no difference; just run a deficit and you'll drop.

When I diet to become lean, I always eat my largest most calorie dense meal before bed and I've done fine with my goals.

Count your calories!

Again, Wrong.

Calories in Vs. Calories out.

But I'm 99% sure you or those who abide by this don't count calories.

I find it hard to fall asleep if I've been fasting for too long before bed.
As long as you don't consume a large meal there shouldn't be any problem.

IML Gear Cream!
I find it hard to fall asleep if I've been fasting for too long before bed.
As long as you don't consume a large meal there shouldn't be any problem.

Why would the meal size matter, other than indigestion/reflux?

Why would the meal size matter, other than indigestion/reflux?

The digestive process functions better when we are sitting or standing as opposed to lying down. You want to have larger meals before physically demanding activities to fuel them. Sleep isn't physically demanding.

I found that when you eat has nothing to do with losing weight. Gerard is right on the money, it is the total Calories you eat in 24 hours. Only thing about eating before going to sleep is the risk of heartburn or indigestion.

The digestive process functions better when we are sitting or standing as opposed to lying down. You want to have larger meals before physically demanding activities to fuel them. Sleep isn't physically demanding.
Really? What about the blood shunt?

So i have always thought that you should not eat before you go to sleep? Is this true or is it okay to eat somthing light before you go to sleep?

Depends on your goals and metabolism. What are your goals?

It doesn't depend upon your metabolism. It does depend on dropping below your maintenance. Read the link in my sig on getting started. You'll find the information you require.

Oh hey, cool m11 - good to know.

IML Gear Cream!
Yeah, plus every time I go to bed hungry I am more likely to have a larger breakfast. Something small and healthy won't hurt at night. :)

Try not to eat up to atleast an hour before bed as its not good for the stomach.

But personal preference is always a key and what you have tried in the past!

Try not to eat up to atleast an hour before bed as its not good for the stomach.

But personal preference is always a key and what you have tried in the past!

Why is this not good for the stomach?

Back