• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

Cutting & Exercise Selection

AKIRA

I am Rollo Tomassee..
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I couldnt stop thinking of questions today about this, so here goes..

During a cut, Id know that rest intervals, rep scheme, tempo should be altered, but are there any exercises that shouldnt fit into a cut program?

I was thinking about compounds.. If they are mass builders, could they be minimized or just totally deleted? Then I thought...no, since they are compounds, more muscles are being worked, thus more calories are being burned. So then if were talking about total caloric elimination, why bother with isolation movements?

See, I just cant stop.

I do not look at bulk or cut as dictating the exercises I use. It does dictate the intensity (well for me anyway). If I am on a low carb cycle, I run out of steam towards the end of a workout. Armed with that knowlege, I do not work as many sets. If I was do do 4 sets of an exercise, I may drop to 3. Or I may drop the wts. It all depends on how energetic I feel that day. I feel that if you are getting really lean preparing for a show, you need to be careful, otherwise I would use the same program just less intensity.
I couldnt stop thinking of questions today about this, so here goes..

During a cut, Id know that rest intervals, rep scheme, tempo should be altered, but are there any exercises that shouldnt fit into a cut program?

I was thinking about compounds.. If they are mass builders, could they be minimized or just totally deleted? Then I thought...no, since they are compounds, more muscles are being worked, thus more calories are being burned. So then if were talking about total caloric elimination, why bother with isolation movements?

See, I just cant stop.

Everything I've read would indicate the major difference in bulking and cutting phases is the diet and the weight that you move on each excercise.

So exercise list remains, no matter what?
I do not feel the exercise in and of itself brings on any risks. It is more the issue of your physical condition. As you cut, you generally have less "energy" to perform the exercises and you have less mass around the joints to keep them warm, lubricated, and otherwise protected. So as you get leaner, you are more pron to injuries. I have no science to support that, it just makes sense to me that when you are spent, your form suffers. And if you are on a cut, you are not storing fuel, but spending what you have stored (the fat). Maybe others can cite some studies or explain the phsyological issues regarding joint tissue at very lean conditions and under intense training (assuming negative issues exist).

You might try more metabolically taxxing exercises. Single leg work really kills me. It's almost like doing two sets of the same exercise for me. I actually take a few seconds between legs on exercises like step ups, and with walking lunges I take a walk down...rest for a second...walk back...

You could do complexes as a form of conditioning too...

maybe this is a stupid question... but i know afer about 45 minutes of rigorous lifting, you start to release more growth hormone and testosterone. during a cut, should you keep your workouts short with higher intensity?

Back