• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Huge Stash of Marijuana Found in Ancient Tomb

Splash Log

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
FOXNews.com - Huge Stash of Marijuana Found in Ancient Tomb - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

Duuuuuude! The world's oldest stash of marijuana has been found in far western China, according to an article in the Journal of Experimental Botany.

An ancient Caucasian people, probably the Indo-European-speaking Yuezhi whose fair-haired mummies keep turning up in Xinjiang province, seem to have buried one of their shamans with a whopping 789 grams of high-potency pot 2,700 years ago.

That's about 28 ounces of killer green bud, worth perhaps $8,000 at today's street prices, and enough to keep Harold and Kumar happy for a couple of days.

"It was common practice in burials to provide materials needed for the afterlife," lead author Ethan B. Russo, a practicing neurologist and prominent medicinal-marijuana advocate based in Missoula, Mont., tells the Canadian Press. "No hemp or seeds were provided for fabric or food. Rather, cannabis as medicine or for visionary purposes was supplied."

But the researchers couldn't tell if the weed was meant to be smoked or eaten. No pipes, bongs or rolling papers were found in the tomb.

The ancient Greek historian Herodotus relates how the Scythians, Iranian-speaking nomads who roamed the steppes to the west of the Yuezhi in the first millennium B.C., liked to throw marijuana onto bonfires to induce trancelike states. It's possible the buried shaman followed similar practices.

1_61_marijuana_ancient_bag.jpg

Man I wanna puff on some of that.

hmmm. did they find seeds?

hmmm. did they find seeds?

"It was common practice in burials to provide materials needed for the afterlife," lead author Ethan B. Russo, a practicing neurologist and prominent medicinal-marijuana advocate based in Missoula, Mont., tells the Canadian Press. "No hemp or seeds were provided for fabric or food. Rather, cannabis as medicine or for visionary purposes was supplied."

I wonder what the THC % is, the best buds floating around today are ~20%
in the 60s you were looking at 3-4%

The ancient Greek historian Herodotus relates how the Scythians, Iranian-speaking nomads who roamed the steppes to the west of the Yuezhi in the first millennium B.C., liked to throw marijuana onto bonfires to induce trancelike states. It's possible the buried shaman followed similar practices.
The DEA of the United States perform a similar ritual, but the trancelike states they induce are hippies looking on from the edge of the forest at their whole crop being destroyed, they're like wow man I wish I was a bird right now I'd be flying through that smoke over and over getting high, woah and I'd also be able to go high man.....that's like double the highness, thats heinous highness bro!!!!

I wonder what the THC % is, the best buds floating around today are ~20%
in the 60s you were looking at 3-4%

even the seedless varieties you sometimes get a seed or two. i'm thinking i could smoke that stuff n still get some things done. :thinking:

high times once had a list of best dealer lines one was "this shit is so potent people have been trying to return it"

even the seedless varieties you sometimes get a seed or two. i'm thinking i could smoke that stuff n still get some things done. :thinking:

high times once had a list of best dealer lines one was "this shit is so potent people have been trying to return it"

seed content isn't necessarily correlated with high/low THC potency...seeds are created when the grower doesn't remove the male plants before they can pollinate with the female flowers...in other words, you can still have a strong strain and still be an idiot grower...thus getting dank with seeds. It goes vice versa as well

seed content isn't necessarily correlated with high/low THC potency...seeds are created when the grower doesn't remove the male plants before they can pollinate with the female flowers...in other words, you can still have a strong strain and still be an idiot grower...thus getting dank with seeds. It goes vice versa as well

True, but the female plant creates more THC as a way to trap the male pollen as time goes on. So, if you withhold sperm, mama produces.

Back