• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Ripping CD's

Arnold

Numero Uno
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I finally decided to get all of our CD's together so I can rip them all to my PC. I did not do any research and after ripping 14 CD's realized that I was using WMA file format, not good. If anyone plans on doing this the best way to rip them is to MP3 file format at 192kbps. If you use Windows Media Player 11 you can change this setting under Tools > Options > Rip Music.

If anyone has any other tips or advice please share!

Yeah, use nero. Nero is the best for ripping I have ever found. You can try it free for a month, which is more than enough time to rip all of your CDs.

If you're really anal, rip them as FLAC files instead since that's a lossless format, but they will be 10x the size of an mp3.

I personally always rip songs using itunes or winamp, but that assumes I own CDs to rip ;)

Yeah, 192 bitrate is going to be pretty big, but it is worth it to save your CDs at a good quality. I wish I had done it, because years of use as lead to almost every CD I own being scratched. My luck seems to be that it is usually my favorite track on the CD that gets scratched up.

I personally always rip songs using itunes or winamp, but that assumes I own CDs to rip ;)

from what I understand as long as they are in MP3 format you can transfer them to an iPod, correct?

yes

do you have itunes setup? it should import anything in mp3/4.. then you just load it to the ipod. or import it directly into itunes is what i do

i want the 8gig nano. they are a good product, my last one was awesome.

do you guys have an iPod?

my wife wants one, I just fricking hate Apple/Mac!

I also hate apple/mac. I've refused to buy their products.

The pda/cellphone I bought over the summer takes a micro SD card and will read cards up to 4 gigs. It runs on a wm6 os so there are a billion audio players to pick from and I don't need to switch devices when I get a call. It also has a 2 mp camera and does video calls when I travel overseas.

There are stereo bluetooth headsets that have great bass reproduction and work perfectly for telecomm. I don't need to have my PDA on me when I get a call either. If I'm jamming on my music while I fish on my boat and I get a call it automatically switches over to the cell phone and back when the call is done ... all with my pda stuffed in a water proof floating pouch stashed in the glovebox. The same bluetooth headset works on my comp too.

I can stuff a lot of music on a 4 gig micro sd card with no worries about scratches or file degradation. Transfer is as simple as drag and drop into the card after it's put into a cheap card reader and jacked into the comp, or I can just send the the files via blue-tooth, wifi, or microsux' active sync depending on what I'm doing at the moment.

As far as ripping goes I either download what I want or I use NERO to pull stuff off of my old CD's.

However ... if the wife wants an Ipod you're doomed. You might as well get used to apple.

I rip with winamp,

use winamp as my media center, etc, but I have a windows explorer style browser to manipulate music on my zen vision w,

id say the 1 gig ipod shuffle is the best workout media player though.

put all your "power" songs on it, and jam.

I put all of my top favorite musicians in flac, the rest in mp3.

Some of my cd folders are 500mbs.....but I have 1 terabytes of storage across 2 500gig drives, broken into partitions for music type Jazz, Rock, etc...

I use Media Monkey for everything. Its free (unless you want to upgrade to the Gold version) and is an integrated media library, cd ripper, and MP3 player syncroniser, as well as a load of other secondary features.

Ive found that to be the best, mostly because pretty much everything youll ever want to do to your music is contained in one program.

Winamp is good. I've used that for years. But any program you use to rip as an mp3 will work. I've got gigs of music on my hard drive.

Back