• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Blue Cross Blue Shield to announce health insurance premium hikes.

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
People are gonna lose their jobs over this… | RedState

The postman delivering the mail this afternoon is long gone. Good thing. At least he didn???t hear the expletives that were thrown out to anyone within earshot as the envelope from Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield was opened and the 2011 rate increase was read.

It appears that, rather than making health care affordable as was promised, ObamaCare is taking our health insurance costs even higher???about $300 per month (or $3600 per year) higher. [Not that anyone with an IQ above an average AFSCME or SEIU member couldn't have figured it out anyway.]

Now, the ???right??? (read: soon-to-be mandate) of having health care insurance will only cost this family of five $17,705 per year. And, for what????A couple of doctor visits per kid per year? The occasional prescription of antibiotics? The privilege of having a ???just-in-case??? policy?

This is something you can take to the bank: People will lose their jobs over this???

As more and more companies, small business owners and workers begin to feel the pinch of ObamaCare???s health care cost increases, there will be less money to spend on economic activity.

Perhaps it will be a few thousand more UAW members who lose their jobs because there will be less people who can afford the monthly car payments due to ObamaCare.

Perhaps it will be a few thousand SEIU janitors who lose their jobs because there are less offices to clean as more companies eliminate office space to help defray the costs of ObamaCare.

Perhaps it will be the SEIU health care worker whose hospital or nursing home is forced to close due to cost rationing.

Perhaps a few thousand more Teamsters will lose their jobs because their companies experience the drop in business from less freight being moved.

Perhaps it will be a few thousand more UFCW grocery workers will lose their jobs because customers shift over to larger big-box (and non-union) stores in order to save money.

Perhaps it will be the union workers in union resort towns like Orlando or Las Vegas who see more jobs lost because fewer Americans will be able to afford vacations.

Perhaps it will be the unionized airline workers who see fewer air travelers taking the vacations, or less businesses holding conventions in faraway cities.

The ramifications of ObamaCare are only now beginning. As more and more see their costs increase, others will feel the effects ripple across the economy???people will lose their jobs over ObamaCare.

They say, over and over again, that elections have consequences.

While most people who will be losing their jobs don???t deserve it, a few do???

Hopefully, on Tuesday, the American people will see to it that those most responsible (219 in the House and 60 in the Senate) will be held accountable.

:coffee:

^ Thanks for introducing the topic.

I have read/.heard this elsewhere. I want to learn more, but it's a difficult and complex topic for me to wade through. Bandaidwoman has had good info and knowledge on this.

The only thin, I'm a little cricumspect of is the source of your article, "red state."

Doesn't make the info wrong - we'll have to check it - but it could be overtly biased, exagerrated, or innacurate.

I do have my doubts about Obama care.

I wonder if that would that be the family that doesn't pay federal income tax and get a sizable tax return because of the EITC?...the nerve

Last edited:
aH WHATS A FEW 100.00 $$ more a month:coffee:

This is what happens when Obama failed to include the two most important pieces

1. A gov't option
2. Allowing people to shop companies/policies cross state boundaries

He conceded too much and passed a watered piece of legislations with no teeth...and it will end up being worse than doing nothing.

I know my group rates have even gone up (not Blue Cross, but another health insurer giant) and it was supposedly based on the fact that there is no longer any cap on our group coverage.

He conceded too much and passed a watered piece of legislations with no teeth...and it will end up being worse than doing nothing.

considering that it's taken what 50 years since the Dems got the last health care legislation passed it is definitely better than nothing, the GOP never proposes any such legislation.

I work in insurance and this has been the consensus.
U used to be able to buy family plans cheaper and pay less to have children who have not had pre-existing problems. But since EVERYBODY will be allowed into the program, family plans will go up because they are basically going to act as if all children are equal and pay as if they had pre-existing conditions.
So you were in school it would basically be your A students and then your Fstudents, to make it all equal, now everybody averages out and makes a C.
I just love Obama.

Also, From what I understand, your employer can have a way out of it. There will be a form that you can sign that states that you choose to opt out of coverage and they wont be penalized if all workers choose to sign that and carry their own coverage. Im going to assume that owners will hope that employees with choose to do that, because if not, there will be alot of people who will lose their jobs.

Also, From what I understand, your employer can have a way out of it. There will be a form that you can sign that states that you choose to opt out of coverage and they wont be penalized if all workers choose to sign that and carry their own coverage. Im going to assume that owners will hope that employees with choose to do that, because if not, there will be alot of people who will lose their jobs.

people forget that the SBA defines small business as those with 500 or less, those with 50 or less people only account for like .3% of small businesses and the PPACA act will help to offset the costs for those.

^^^^ the problem is there are 3 things that they fall under in order to meet it. One of those states if they make less than 50,000. Well our guys are repo guys and they tend to make more than that. We dont pay hourly, we pay by the car. If you think or know differently, please let me know. Its something we are having difficulty finding info on. Tax wise

^^^^ the problem is there are 3 things that they fall under in order to meet it. One of those states if they make less than 50,000. Well our guys are repo guys and they tend to make more than that. We dont pay hourly, we pay by the car. If you think or know differently, please let me know. Its something we are having difficulty finding info on. Tax wise

Health Care Reform Bill Summary: A Look At What's in the Bill - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

"Individuals and families who make between 100 percent - 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and want to purchase their own health insurance on an exchange are eligible for subsidies. They cannot be eligible for Medicare, Medicaid and cannot be covered by an employer. Eligible buyers receive premium credits and there is a cap for how much they have to contribute to their premiums on a sliding scale."

* the federal poverty line (FPL) for a family of 4 is like 22K. so this means that a family of 4 that makes between 22-88k will get some type of subsidy if the employers does not provide coverage and the individual has to purchase their own.

The bill itself, while over 1900 pages, is quite an easy read. There are some things that you have to go back or go forward to check as they are referred to. But that 1900 pages is more like less than 1000 due to 24 lines per page, huge font and super wide margins.

I'm amused to death at all the railing against the healthcare bill. Individual items are cited, referred to even. All you have to do it look up the page and section and get the real story.

Making it over 1900 pages just makes it sound too daunting for the average person to read.

I'm amused to death at all the railing against the healthcare bill. Individual items are cited, referred to even. All you have to do it look up the page and section and get the real story.

the power of the GOP relies on the ignorance of it's followers to "not" do their own research on such topics. the same applies to the counties current economic status, all the raw data as to how we got to were we are today is on the U.S BEA website but you have to be able to read and interpret the raw data. various websites tell you exactly what politician sponsored certain legislation, how they voted and who contributes to their campaign..wouldn't be many people at all behind the GOP if they did these things

Last edited:
considering that it's taken what 50 years since the Dems got the last health care legislation passed it is definitely better than nothing, the GOP never proposes any such legislation.

I don't give out evaluations based on group performance. Just b/c the GOP refused to pass health care legislation, doesn't make a crumby version of it any better.

"new boss, same as the old boss"

IML Gear Cream!
I work in insurance and this has been the consensus.
U used to be able to buy family plans cheaper and pay less to have children who have not had pre-existing problems. But since EVERYBODY will be allowed into the program, family plans will go up because they are basically going to act as if all children are equal and pay as if they had pre-existing conditions.
So you were in school it would basically be your A students and then your Fstudents, to make it all equal, now everybody averages out and makes a C.
I just love Obama.

hence why a public option was needed...

I sure do miss Bush deficits. :(

What do you mean you miss them, 93% of our current deficit is either from Bush policies or Obama extending the Bush tax cuts.

What do you mean you miss them, 93% of our current deficit is either from Bush policies or Obama extending the Bush tax cuts.

Obama is the king of spending. He has spent 3-4 times what Bush did.

Since we're only blaming POTUS's here, don't forget that Bush also inherited a recession from Clinton (dot.com).

Now I'm no Bush dick-rider either. I was against the bailout of businesses "too big to fail". Fuck em! This is capitalism. You fail because of poor business practices and then two other companies come in and take over your market share. Bush prevented that and that's bullshit.

Honestly, I'm tired of all of them. I think most Americans are. I'd like a job where I can go work for a couple of years and get a fat pension for the rest of my life too. I'm just not crooked enough to be a politician. :(

Since we're only blaming POTUS's here, don't forget that Bush also inherited a recession from Clinton (dot.com).

(
1. We're still on the fast track to the poor house. When the GOP ran the show with George W. Bush, they spent like drunken sailors (apologies to drunken sailors). Things have only gotten worse since 2008 but the GOP's much-ballyhooed (at least by themselves) Pledge to America only pledges to spend the least bit less than the Dems.

pledgespending.png

Click on the image to get more details compiled by Mercatus Center analysts Veronique de Rugy (also a Reason columnist) and Jakina Debnam. The Pledge conspicuously exempted defense and entitlements from spending cuts, thereby taking more than 60 percent of outlays off the table and making it impossible to seriously cut spending. Triumphant GOP spokespeople sounded the same message on Election Day, generally refusing to offer up specifics about spending cuts.

We will still spend money no matter who's in control.

lol...were you working in Silicon Valley during that time because I was. The dot.com burst had nothing to do with any of Clintons economic policies it had all to do with the combination of the stock market and 9-11.

and regarding the current deficit increases under Obama how much of that money would be spent on the military and wars in Iraq and Afghanistan regardless of who holds the office of POTUS?

Now I'm no Bush dick-rider either. I was against the bailout of businesses "too big to fail". Fuck em! This is capitalism. You fail because of poor business practices and then two other companies come in and take over your market share. Bush prevented that and that's bullshit.

Honestly, I'm tired of all of them. I think most Americans are. I'd like a job where I can go work for a couple of years and get a fat pension for the rest of my life too. I'm just not crooked enough to be a politician. :(

I don't know what world you get your data from, but the United States of America found on Earth shows you to be wrong. Source...

Critics Still Wrong on What

I don't know what world you get your data from, but the United States of America found on Earth shows you to be wrong. Source...

Critics Still Wrong on What

What am I wrong about again? The fact that our deficit is 3-4 times more now than in the Bush era, or that the dot com recession started while Clinton was in office?

Ya lost me bro.

Back