• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community!
    Thanks! 💪

What is best for gaining mass?

zyzzzbrah

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What is better for gaining mass

Split workout or up/lw workout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah doing those always :)

Heavy compound movements off gear. Lighter weight higher reps on gear. That's one theory anyway. :owned:

Ah thank you!

Are you enhanced?? Progressive overload is key, even if using gear. People don't realize part of the gains acquired while on are due to the massive strength increase. A non user can't do volume AND have progressive overload, so they sacrifice some volume and increase frequency to be able to progress. A user can use tons of volume AND STILL GAIN STRENGTH, which results in big size gains

Are you enhanced?? Progressive overload is key, even if using gear. People don't realize part of the gains acquired while on are due to the massive strength increase. A non user can't do volume AND have progressive overload, so they sacrifice some volume and increase frequency to be able to progress. A user can use tons of volume AND STILL GAIN STRENGTH, which results in big size gains

Im not sure I understood you here. Would you mind re-phrasing it? Not trying to be weird or a dick or anything, I just didn't quite follow what exactly you meant

Im not sure I understood you here. Would you mind re-phrasing it? Not trying to be weird or a dick or anything, I just didn't quite follow what exactly you meant

simply put AAS makes you stronger so you get bigger. What I was saying above is natural lifters can't lift with tons of volume and get progressively stronger. Tney have to sacrifice volume. When someone juices tney don't have to sacrifice anythig. They will get stronger no matter what they do. So it makes sense to do crazy volume, your getting stimulus from volume AND your getting stronger. A natural lifter is always sacrificing something to improve on something else

Volume is a much less relevant requisite to getting stronger then sheer progressive overload. Volume builds muscle.

There are 2 types of hypertrophy as far we know ; 1. Sarcoplasmic 2. Myofribril. Sarcoplasmic basically occurs due to volume training as the muscles store more nutrients and fluid within the muscle cell(i.e. Sarcoplasm. This is common in body building type training. And it's actually not all that necessary to get stronger. It's actually time under tension that's a major contributing factor. Although lifting heavier weight, overtime, with the same TUT equals a higher volume. So it does contribute for sure. But increasing 1-5 rm actually will use a completely different energy pathway and the muscle fibers will actually thicken to meet the demands of progressive overload. The nervous system actually gets more efficient by stimulating new motor units(nerves and the musle fiber it innervates) allowing the muscle to contract harder because of the increase in motor unit recruitment. The size that is gained from this is no where near what can be gained through volume training because there are different muscle types of muscle fibers. Some get strong and thick others get big and bulky without increasing their ability to contract with additional force.
I hope I didn't say too much but this stuff is very interesting to me and I like to share what I've learned. I'm also open to learning is anyone had anything that may contradict my statements.

Compound lifts. Heavy. Each major lift once a week. Dead lift, bench press, squat, shoulder press. I like 2 days on 1 day off. Get some cardio in to. Low intensity. Fast walk at incline on treadmill for example. It will help keep fat gain at bay and help with nutrient delivery. Also will increase appetite.
Oh and diet obv.

Yeah i thought the same with heavy compounds, do them all once a week. I already eating healthy and a lot around 3000 cal

I'm a bit allergic to people saying stuff like "You gotta do over 8 reps" or whatever. My thing is; everyone is different. You're just going to have to try something and see how it works for you. I don't think there is an optimal training method that's the best for everyone at all times, it all depends on the individual. I find that the best training is the one you enjoy, because that's the one that you're going to stick to. Results comes over years, not by having optimal training methods for 2 months and then giving up.

It is prudent to separate the two factors discussed herein; that is, the distinction between physiological fact or reality (the science of muscle hypertrophy and CNS activity, among others), and that of psychological or mental phenomena. I listen to myself when i train, I do what feels right, while at the same time attempting to work in the facts or knowledge base of possible effective training.

Aside from this, proper nutrition and volume eating (not training, though that is significant) is what has personally turned my frame from its ectomorph disposition, progressively forward.

Split training is the way to go i feel. Train each muscle once a week.
Only 1x/week?? Is this geared or no? I train each muscle group 2x/6days with a day off each week. I do this when running gear and do 1 heavy day and one heavy volume day.

Just my .02

There's no magic combo I feel, but the basic still produce results......Over the years I've learned what works and what doesn't...........Still have to shock the muscle change things up............My best results come from maxing one group a month, but doing 85% max for low reps then lowering weight till failure.....just got to find what works best for you.............good hunting

Back