• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

South Hadley High School's 'new girl,' driven to suicide by teenage cyber bullies

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Nine Massachusetts teenagers were indicted Monday for driving a pretty 15-year-old "new girl" from Ireland to suicide in a case that has become a symbol of high school and online bullying.

The sweeping charges - which come after months of complaints that the bullies weren't being punished - include statutory rape, violation of civil rights with bodily injury, criminal harassment and stalking.

Phoebe Prince, a new arrival at South Hadley High School from a tiny seaside hamlet in County Clare, was mercilessly tormented by a cadre of classmates later dubbed the "Mean Girls" by Massachusetts newspapers.

"The investigation revealed relentless activity directed towards Phoebe designed to humiliate her and to make it impossible for her to remain at school," said District Attorney Elizabeth Scheibel.

"The bullying for her became intolerable."

According to students, Phoebe was called "Irish slut" and "whore" on Twitter, Craigslist, Facebook and Formspring.

Her books were routinely knocked out of her hands, items were flung at her, her face was scribbled out of photographs on the school walls, and threatening text messages were sent to her cell phone.

Scheibel said she had drawn the ire of the "Mean Girls" by briefly dating a popular senior football player in her first weeks at the school.

On Jan. 14, Phoebe was harassed and threatened in the school library and in a hallway at school, Scheibel said. As she walked home, one of the "Mean Girls" drove by and threw a can of Red Bull at her.

Phoebe walked into her house and hung herself in a stairwell.

But the nastiness didn't even end there. Her tormentors actually posted snide comments on the dead girl's Facebook memorial page.

For months, community anger simmered that no punishment had befallen Phoebe's bullies. Petitions were signed and town hall meetings held.

Scheibel said her investigators were taking the time to investigate thoroughly, and slammed "the inexplicable lack of cooperation from Internet service providers, in particular Facebook and Craigslist."

Seven of the nine charged Monday are girls charged with a range of crimes, from criminal harassment to stalking to civil rights violations. A juvenile was charged with assault by means of a dangerous weapon - namely, the Red Bull can.

The two males, 17 and 18, are charged with statutory rape.

Unveiling the indictments Monday, Scheibel said numerous faculty members, staff members and administrators at South Hadley High School were aware of the bullying - some even witnessed physical abuse - and did nothing.

She said the investigation looked at whether the adults' failure to help Phoebe amounted to criminal behavior.

"In our opinion, it did not," she said. "Nevertheless, the actions or inactions of some adults at the school are troublesome."

Read more: Phoebe Prince, South Hadley High School's 'new girl,' driven to suicide by teenage cyber bullies

Where were the girls parents while all this harassment was taking place?? I'm from Mass and went to school there. (course that was 30 years ago ) but is hasn't changed. Teenage girls are mean nasty and vengeful. Not sure how one nut-job commenter (Bohemian) turned this into a Palin/right-wing political thing. Probably some angry liberal parent of one of the nine teenage harassers. I hope they all get jail time.

:(

Poor girl.

I didn't read anything about the boys bullying her. The 17 year old gets a juvy record record, and the 18 year old has to identify himself as a sex offender?

I don't really have much to say after reading the comments on the linked page. My brain shutdown as a self defense mechanism.

That sucks. However, if she really was bullied into killing herself, there was something wrong with her to begin with.

That sucks. However, if she really was bullied into killing herself, there was something wrong with her to begin with.

Yeah, she probably had a mental illness that was triggered and activated by those girls.

Well, yes and no. I'm normally less than empathetic when it comes to suicide, or those who attempt it, but think about it....didn't things seem a lot more overwhelming when you were a teen? I remeber experiencing impending doom a few times. :shrug:
Sad thing is that she didn't seem to let her parents, or somebody, know what was going on....sad.

As for those staff members who did nothing?...and the idiot who dismissed their non-response as "troublesome"? I'd be doing hard time for what I would do to their sorry asses if my child had been unaided in that situation. Contrary to the cop-out B.S. Scheibel offered, I think that educators are entirely responsible for calling out kids who threaten others....they may not be in a position to discipline these brats, but they can damn sure notify someone who is.

I think that educators are entirely responsible for calling out kids who threaten others....they may not be in a position to discipline these brats, but they can damn sure notify someone who is.

This.

She was cute...I want to see pics those who picked on her...Probably less so, and jealous?

The article said she dated a popular football player at the beginning of the school year.

What a shame she had no hero to protect her. Or that she didn't have that "spite factor" in her. I'd never give my tormentors the satisfaction of killing myself over their taunts. :(

Rest in Peace to the poor girl.

IML Gear Cream!
The article said she dated a popular football player at the beginning of the school year.

What a shame she had no hero to protect her. Or that she didn't have that "spite factor" in her. I'd never give my tormentors the satisfaction of killing myself over their taunts. :(

Rest in Peace to the poor girl.

That's when you upper-decker their backpack and/or locker.

Agreed, however, if that was my child who was bullied in to committing suicide, there would be 9 less reasons to worry about overpopulation.

She kind of looks like a gypsy....

I swear teen girls can be some vicious little cunts, our version of the Heathers during High School used to sit in back of class each morning and rate what the guys were wearing and how they looked, "Oh no you get a ZERO, you didn't even comb your hair and that shirt is wrinkled.... They stopped rating me after I turned it back, "What's with the glazed donut lips, you giving off secret signals that you suck dick..." "and you your make-up is so caked on you look like a muppet"

Horrible. This is a serious issue going on all over the place. My own daughter is 12 years old, in middle school and has been the victim of school and cyber bulling for the last 2 years. Everything we do, including involving the parents of the bulling girls has led to nothing but more harrassment. The teachers and principal at her school put the blame equally on them and my daughter which pisses me off even more!
She was getting derogatory text messages, facebook posts, twitter and myspace posts too. We started collecting all of these things, saving them and got the local police involved who them involved the school security officers to tke notice and because of that, the parents of the bullies got involved enough to keep thier kids from causing anymore trouble but it was a very tough, long process. Very difficult for a kid to deal with by themselves.

Agreed, however, if that was my child who was bullied in to committing suicide, there would be 9 less reasons to worry about overpopulation.

If you were the parent, I'd like to think that you'd have a good enough relationship with her to have avoided the suicide.

IML Gear Cream!
lets face it facebook s, twitter and myspace arae not a way of life delete the accounts block the web pages its called parenting....if its no worth the hassle delete it and move on..FYI it isn't a win for the bullys its just taking a person out of the problem but thats my take...

Yes, but teenagers are so hormonal they are manic by nature.

The rape thing appeared out of mid air in this posting, guess that must have been detailed in another article? Nail those fuckers.

Horrible. This is a serious issue going on all over the place. My own daughter is 12 years old, in middle school and has been the victim of school and cyber bulling for the last 2 years. Everything we do, including involving the parents of the bulling girls has led to nothing but more harrassment. The teachers and principal at her school put the blame equally on them and my daughter which pisses me off even more!
She was getting derogatory text messages, facebook posts, twitter and myspace posts too. We started collecting all of these things, saving them and got the local police involved who them involved the school security officers to tke notice and because of that, the parents of the bullies got involved enough to keep thier kids from causing anymore trouble but it was a very tough, long process. Very difficult for a kid to deal with by themselves.

Kudos to you for getting involved.

Have you ever heard of this story?

Judicial Injustices - The Stalking & Murder of 16 Year Old Laurie Show

23087_1063233569.jpg

Laurie Michelle Show, Jan. 27, 1975 - Dec. 20, 1991

If you were the parent, I'd like to think that you'd have a good enough relationship with her to have avoided the suicide.

I'd like to think so too, but kids are fucking weird.

I'd like to think so too, but kids are fucking weird.

It's true DOMS.. they almost don't want you getting involved because then they're the one who went "crying to mom and dad".
Like I experienced too, me and my wife getting involved made it worse for her. It wasn't till the police actually went to the parents of these kids that things got a little better. We also recommended that she did a little lashing out of her own. One thing I noticed early on is, not standing up for herself was empowering to these little bitches. I told her she had to make the experience less fun for them. Thankfully, my daughter is very intelligent and her quick wit left most of these girls speechless. Ironically though, her intelligence was what started it all. That and she has no interest in boys which for some reason, even at age 12, makes you an outcast in social circles. :rolleyes:

It's true DOMS..

I guess this is going to come as a shocker, but I have kids. I know how it is.

I just make it a point to have a relationship with them such that I know how they're doing and that I have a 100% open door policy.

I just make it a point to have a relationship with them such that I know how they're doing and that I have a 100% open door policy.
That reminds me your kids have asked me to ask you if you could at least close the door while you're taking a crap....

Back