• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Engagement ring

Doublebase

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Ok, I'm starting to do some research on rings. I plan on proposing within the next 6 months. I was trolling around the net checking things out. I have been buying a bunch of fitness equipment off craigslist lately and I thought, well lets see what kind of jewelry they have here. Sure enough they have pages upon pages of engagement rings. You can get huge stones for a 1/4 of the price. My question is, do you think it is wrong or not right to buy a second hand ring? Would you women here be ok if your man bought a ring off someone instead of going to a jewelry store and buying one? If I did buy one off craigslist I would meet the person at an appraiser and do the transaction there. IMO a stone is a stone. It was in the ground, who gives a shit where you bought it from. I can save a hell of a lot of money this way. Opinions please. Thanks.

I checked with my parents and my Mom says she personally wouldn't care where the man bought it from. I'm going to call her Mom and see what she thinks.

wrong, that is tacky.
Exactly..... However..... if they don't know....... then no harm no foul. :)

And don't call her mom.

buy a polar bear diamond in canada.

Online Action Center
Put a Stop to Blood Diamonds

Blood diamonds have fueled wars across Africa, leading to the deaths of more than 4 million people and displacing many millions more. But blood diamonds are not just a problem of the past. A recent United Nations report highlighted that $23 million in conflict diamonds from the Ivory Coast are being smuggled into diamond markets around the world, and diamonds continue to cause instability and violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Government controls in the United States and in other countries are not strong enough or enforced effectively to stop rebel groups from exploiting diamonds to fuel conflict. Also, the diamond industry has not taken sufficient steps to combat the trade in blood diamonds. Amnesty International and Global Witness urge you to call for the United States government to better enforce its diamond law and for all sectors of the diamond industry to develop a credible, independently-verified tracking system to make sure that conflict diamonds don't enter diamond markets. Print this action: PDF | Read more »

Only 27% of shops were able assure us that they had a policy on conflict diamonds.

30% of the shops that said they had a policy were unable to produce a hard copy of or explain it.

Only 13% of shops provided warranties to their customers as a standard practice.

37% of the shops we visited claimed to be aware of the conflict diamonds issue. But 54% of them reported an inaccurate definition of the crisis.

Only 28% of the shops were aware of the Kimberley Process.

29% of those who were aware of the Kimberley Process had only a minimal or limited understanding of it.

When asked whether consumers inquired about conflict diamonds, 83% of respondents answered rarely or never.

110 shops refused outright to take the survey.

i'd rather have a small clean diamond than a big bloody one. n i would never marry a girl that would close her heart to this issue because she wanted a big sparkley for her finger. reality is harsh n i'm sorry to bring this up but if there are kids in your future too everything we do to form the world they will inherit n the messes they will inherit matters.

wrong, that is tacky.

n all else aside i agree with this. if you do get a secondhand stone at least have it reset for her personally in one of the settings she admired.

Find a jewelry wholesaler and they can get you good deals on quality stuff as well. I don't think I'd trust stuff off of craigslist - Ebay would be a different story as long as it was a certified vendor with lots of sales.

Who cares where you get it from as long as it has the right papers - if you can save a couple of thousand then good on you.

Find a jewelry wholesaler and they can get you good deals on quality stuff as well. I don't think I'd trust stuff off of craigslist - Ebay would be a different story as long as it was a certified vendor with lots of sales.

Who cares where you get it from as long as it has the right papers - if you can save a couple of thousand then good on you.

I would meet the person at an appraiser and have it appraised on the spot before I would purchase it. How do I go about finding a jewelry wholesaler?

IML Gear Cream!
n all else aside i agree with this. if you do get a secondhand stone at least have it reset for her personally in one of the settings she admired.

I def would. I just want the stone.

Get a semi-precious stone and say you just wanted to be original and not do the whole diamond thing.

Or better yet.... don't get married. If you are worried about the price of a diamond, well that is cheapest part of getting married in the long run.

Get a semi-precious stone and say you just wanted to be original and not do the whole diamond thing.

Or better yet.... don't get married. If you are worried about the price of a diamond, well that is cheapest part of getting married in the long run.

I'm not worried about the price. I just like to be frugal.

More for your money sounds fine to me, just get it polished up nicely which I know you are going to do anyway.

When everything has to be new for every pretty boy and girl we throw everything else away and thats nasty. This is like a rich bitch complaining that her daddy only bought her a 3 series. How old are fucking diamonds? Fucking old, its been 'used' already! :)

Go for it.

The reason it is tacky, and she will think so as well, is because it looks like (to her) that you were looking for a bargain, that is how most females view it. She was not good enough for a brand new ring, she has to get a used ring, one that was meant for another female.

As a male I see no problem either, but most females would have a serious problem knowing you bought her a "used" ring, trust me. And she will find out somewhere down the road and it will most likely be an issue, even if she tells you it is not.

It seemed to me he clarified that he was looking for a diamond, to be set in a ring of her choosing.

It seemed to me he clarified that he was looking for a diamond, to be set in a ring of her choosing.

Yes. I just want the stone. I will get the setting she wants.

How many women, when presented with an engagement ring, ask : "so...where did you get it?". If you have proper documentation with the appraised value who cares if you bought it off the back of a truck? What she doesn't know won't hurt her. Frankly - if she asked - and got disappointed I'd think I made the wrong choice in the woman I gave it to.

If I ever choose to get engaged I have already been promised my great grandmothers ring - second hand of course.

Yes. I just want the stone. I will get the setting she wants.

ok, that is fine I guess, but that is not what your original question was, you specifically said "ring".

IML Gear Cream!
How many women, when presented with an engagement ring, ask : "so...where did you get it?". If you have proper documentation with the appraised value who cares if you bought it off the back of a truck? What she doesn't know won't hurt her. Frankly - if she asked - and got disappointed I'd think I made the wrong choice in the woman I gave it to.
If I ever choose to get engaged I have already been promised my great grandmothers ring - second hand of course.

Exactly, ditch the bitch.

So Double...youve asked her already? I mean, youd have to have a ring when you propose right? Well I guess you dont have to.

Whether youve done it or not, is/was your proposal a creative unique cute faggy way? :daydream: Howd you do it? (or will)

If you have 6 months...ask her sometime. Get her honest thoughts. Ask her about style, size, previously owned stone...etc.

Communication.

Get into a relationship like mine where my girlfriend andI don't believe in legal marriage we just believe in the bond that we share mutually we pool our resources as if married and in fact she buys all of her own jewelery because she doesn't want to burden me with the stress of finding her stuff, but if we are in a jewelery store together I know exactly what she's into and find things for her and let her decide if it's something she'd lke to invest in, just as I buy most anything I want unless it's something with a lion on it then she knows I'd like it I'm too easy that way....

Congrats man.

Just name a star after her at the star registry.

Exactly, ditch the bitch.

So Double...youve asked her already? I mean, youd have to have a ring when you propose right? Well I guess you dont have to.

Whether youve done it or not, is/was your proposal a creative unique cute faggy way? :daydream: Howd you do it? (or will)

No I havent' asked yet. She has been wanting to though for the past couple years. I just wanted to get established first. I really don't know how I am going to propose. I was thinking when we go away on vacation in the summer. I want to go on a skiing trip to Colorado somewhere and maybe do it there. Any ideas? Funny, stupid ones included. My gf is not a materialistic bitch. I was just trying to get a feel for what you guys thought. If I got her a 300$ ring she would love it. I just want to get her a big fat diamond. I was thinking a carat and half or 2 carats. She is a small girl. 5' 2" about 110lbs. The jeweler said she shouldnt' go bigger then 2 carats. He thought a carat and half looked good.

A friend of mine did a pretty unique proposal...he took his girl to Cancun and they did a "swim with the dolphins" tour, and while they were both interacting with their dolphins he asked the trainer if he could have his dolphin bring the ring (in a box with a note that said "will you marry me"), to her. So, his dolphin swam over to her and gave her the box with his mouth!

I thought it was pretty cool.

Back