• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Making gains in strength, but not much on size

Rdub9281

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys, I was going 2 give a rough rundown of my training/diet and see what everyone thought. Without being 2 specific, over the last 3 weeks I changed up my program to lifting as heavy of weight as I can, with very slow negative movements(3-5 seconds each rep), and explosive positive movements. I have never done this before, and my strength gains have went through the roof so far! Also, I weigh about 145 pounds on a heavy day, I'm a very hard gainer and I'm lifting for overall size/mass. Like I said I'm defenitly getting stronger, and way more lean, because I just now started taking my diet very seriously. So I feel great, other than I'm putting on more lean muscle which is awesome, but not getting any real size. I will upload some pictures and wondered if u guys had any tips such as more reps, less reps, more calories,proteins,fats.... I'm lifting on a 3-4 set per workout, 6-10 reps for workout program right now, like I said with slow negative and fast positive movements. And I USED 2 eat anything in sight, but have recently(last month or so) changed 2 eating as often as possible, but lean, "healthy"foods. I eat a ton of chicken,eggs,lean hamburger,sausage,and cereals. I take 2 protein shakes a day, along with creatine and just started animal pak m-stak. Last thing is I've noticed more size during my pump in the gym than ever before, but I feel I'm not getting much overall size after I'm done, or on rest dAys.

You wanna be the best, you gotta take out the best

My most recent pictures
6y4ujeju.jpg
amybaqaj.jpg
ubuzuvev.jpg
e7a6eny9.jpg
3etu3eba.jpg

Keep on making strength gains and size will follow.
Also take an average of your daily caloric intake and increase that amount by 200kcal every 6-10 weeks

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Anytime I do TUT for an extended period of time I gain a good amount of strength, but feel like I maintain or lose some size.

i am not sure what you mean by 4 sets a workout...you mean ONLY 4 sets per muscle group????????
anyway..here is my suugesstions:
1- keep doing fast positive slow negative
2- variation: one day go heavy as you are doing but other days go high reps to failure using drop sets. also variation in exercises
3- no need for more supplements
4- sleep well and rest well.

Ok will do, and I mean for example on chest and tricep day, I'll do 4 chest excercise a, and 4 tricep excercises, with at least 3 sets each.

I eat a ton of chicken,eggs,lean hamburger,sausage,and cereals. I take 2 protein shakes a day, along with creatine and just started animal pak m-stak.
A ton? That would be 2,000 pounds. I think you are exaggerating. How many pounds of chicken did you eat today?

How many eggs? Did you eat the yolks (you should)? How much oatmeal did you consume with the eggs?

How many pounds of hamburger did you eat today?

Cereals???

How much rice?

How much potatoes?

How much green, leafy spinach?

I eat a pound of hamburger just as a meal once or twice a week, and 1.3 pounds of chicken once or twice a week. And other days I'll eat about 4 eggs as a meal, then actually eat dinner with my family or whatever. Long story shirt I eat about 4 actual meals a day, and eat about every 2 hours

By the way, you look great. If you want to add size, though, you need to increase your eating. At your age, it is especially difficult, because of metabolism, but also because most folks your age have no clue how to eat properly for putting on size. When I was your age there was no internet to ask about this stuff. You have an advantage, so use it.

Buy the food and cook your own meals, and do not wait on mom to do them.

Try this tomorrow.

1. 8 eggs, one cup (dry measure) oatmeal, two slices of whole grain toast, and a cup of tea or coffee.

2. 8 oz (that's half a pound) chicken breast, cup of rice, spinach

3. Repeat 2.

4. 8 oz chicken, half cup of rice, spinach

5. 8 oz chicken, spinach

6. right before bed, two cups cottage cheese with almonds.

Drink the protein shakes at workouts only.

That's two pounds of chicken and plenty of carbs in one day.

Do that tomorrow and let us know if you can get it all down. Then keep doing it every day for a month, and let us know if you put on any size. Please keep us posted.

IML Gear Cream!
Ok I will do my best 2 fallow that, and I'll admit man some people need personal trainers 2 motivate them or get them in the gym, not me. That's the easy part. I need a chef screaming EAT EAT! Haha the diet part is way harder than the exercise. And I have lifting buddies that have such a hard time wanting 2 eat too much when trying 2 lose weight, and I'm the exact opposite. Just not a very big guy and it's hard for me 2 just constantly pound food. Although it is getting easier every week, so I'm making progress. Thx a lot for the tips

Also I've heard parts like calves are the hardest 2 gain size, my calves r huge. And I've heard chest is the easiest to grow, and did u guys notice how small my chest is? Pisses me off!! I weigh 143 pounds(ish) and maxed out 6 months ago at 225 on bench. Any tips or reasons y im having this issue?

I think your chest looks fine. It is proportional. If you really want to focus on it, widen your grip when doing bench presses, and make sure to do incline presses with a barbell, too.

Be thankful for the calves. Mine look about like a chicken's.

Ok man will do, and haha see I've heard a lot of tht, Thts the biggest muscle on my body and prolly the least trained I don't get it

Ok will do, and I mean for example on chest and tricep day, I'll do 4 chest excercise a, and 4 tricep excercises, with at least 3 sets each.

ah ok thats good.
as for your chest you can do dumbell presses instead of bench , go down and go up in a full range. also you can do dumbbell flies and as you approach failure continue with dumbbell presses this way you hit your chest hard before your triceps get tired.

By the way, you look great. If you want to add size, though, you need to increase your eating. At your age, it is especially difficult, because of metabolism, but also because most folks your age have no clue how to eat properly for putting on size. When I was your age there was no internet to ask about this stuff. You have an advantage, so use it.

Buy the food and cook your own meals, and do not wait on mom to do them.

Try this tomorrow.

1. 8 eggs, one cup (dry measure) oatmeal, two slices of whole grain toast, and a cup of tea or coffee.

2. 8 oz (that's half a pound) chicken breast, cup of rice, spinach

3. Repeat 2.

4. 8 oz chicken, half cup of rice, spinach

5. 8 oz chicken, spinach

6. right before bed, two cups cottage cheese with almonds.

Drink the protein shakes at workouts only.

That's two pounds of chicken and plenty of carbs in one day.

Do that tomorrow and let us know if you can get it all down. Then keep doing it every day for a month, and let us know if you put on any size. Please keep us posted.

Come back and let us know how that diet is working for you.

Will do thx for the the advice

You look good man, and id kill for your abs lol...how old are you? When I was younger, I was the same as you, VERY hard gainer. As I got older it just came easier. Im still not huge(im always between 195 and 200) and I eat alot of calories in a day. The size will come, it just takes guys like you and me more time than others. I make my own "weight gainer" shakes which I adjust the proportion of to make sure I get my calories everyday. Its cheap and tastes good.
16oz 2% milk
2/3 cup quick oats
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 and 1/2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
MyFitness Pal tells me thats 805 calories. If im at the end of the day and still need around 400, I just make a half of one of those. Keeping track of your calories is huge when trying to build mass. Good luck brother!

Ya thx man, and I'm 22. I've always been active all my life with sports and what not. But been hard at it lifting for about 3 years, and only been serious with diet,calorie/water intake, for about a year now. So I can't complain 2 much, but when u see ur numbers going up in the gym, but not on the scale it's frustrating. But starting 2 look at it if I keep getting stronger and not bigger, I'll b one stacked mo fo at 145 pounds haha so it's a win win I guess, just ready to see what I'll look like in the future

My most recent pictures
6y4ujeju.jpg
amybaqaj.jpg
ubuzuvev.jpg
e7a6eny9.jpg
3etu3eba.jpg

You look outstanding! Keep doing what you are. Its definitely working! As of right now you could walk in anywhere and you more than likely would be in the best shape of anyone.

IML Gear Cream!
Well I appreciate it, but as dumb as it sounds I have 2 keep telling myself I'm not as small as I think, cuz i was always so small as a kid. But I'm only like 5'9 or so, 145 pounds, so I just feel so small walking around in street clothes, cuz u can't see that kind of thing on me quite yet unless I'm at the gym or somewhere like a swimming pool u kno what I mean?

Well I appreciate it, but as dumb as it sounds I have 2 keep telling myself I'm not as small as I think, cuz i was always so small as a kid. But I'm only like 5'9 or so, 145 pounds, so I just feel so small walking around in street clothes, cuz u can't see that kind of thing on me quite yet unless I'm at the gym or somewhere like a swimming pool u kno what I mean?

I have an idea for you. Invest some money in slim fitting shirts that show off your physique. You will feel better I guarantee it! For example the clothes you workout in show off your physique. All your clothes ( Especially Shirts) should show off your physique. You are ripped and in great shape!

Ross Department stores have some great shirts I have found that are slim fit. You can go there and find a $40 shirt that looks good for $9 bucks! I couldn't believe it but its true.

Been trying that lately, and it does help a lot. And sweet bro I will look into that

e7ynu9e8.jpg
vu2ebymu.jpg
abugurar.jpg
gotta say seeing results feels great. Idk if it's my diet, or workouts, but something has really been jump starting my body lately. I try 2 go up at least 5 pounds each week on most exercises, but this week I've nailed every lift, and even went up 10 pounds on some and got it fairly easy. I had 2 guys in the gym tell me that I'm looking bigger this week, and that's always a reassuring feeling, considering u c urself in the mirror every day, and sometimes don't notice as much as other people. I'm extremely motivated, and can't wait to keep going up! Just wanna get that mass up!

seeing results feels great. Idk if it's my diet, or workouts, but something has really been jump starting my body lately. I try 2 go up at least 5 pounds each week on most exercises, but this week I've nailed every lift, and even went up 10 pounds on some and got it fairly easy. I had 2 guys in the gym tell me that I'm looking bigger this week . . .
Have you been eating as suggested above at post #10?

I ask because I packed on 7 pounds in a month once somebody on one of these boards told me how to eat.

Not exactly, but it's a working progress. I'm doing my best 2 get to that, but def cleaned my diet up and started watching calories more.

Take pictures every week and compare what you looked like at the beginning of the month. Gains are slow even with gear

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Will do, was sup 2 start my first test injection Friday, but the guy is being slow. Hopefully start soon and maybe that will help get me over the edge a little.

Why would you get it from some guy? Get it from one of our sponsors and you know what kind of quality you will get.
Crimson is a great place to start

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Dude, Im gonna give you the best advice youre ever gonna get for gaining size but Im only going to give you two words so you'll have to google theto research for yourself so you'll understand how it works but you wont be sorry once you do it. "Cumulative Fatigue " stop counting reps and focuss on time under tension.

Back