• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Finishing 5x5 soon. What should I do next?

gorddogg

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm finishing up my first attempt at a 5x5 workout soon, and would like your advice on how to switch up my workout for 8 weeks before i run it again. I've been very happy with my results as far as strength and size are concerned, so I definitly want to do it again. Even though my diet has been pretty clean, I still have some fat on my body that I'd like to get rid of.

I'd like to incorporate a lot of dumbell work to switch things up, and bring back some exercises i haven't done in a while, such as curls, and shrugs.

I also plan on significantly increasing my cardio, and possibly doing some endurance training.

My overall goal is to be strong, look good, and be in good shape. Being huge isnt overly important too me. Any suggestions?

here's a couple pics, so you know where i'm at. thanks guys.

upper/lower or push/pull/legs ..

do it at a higher rep range to give your body and your central nervous system a chance to recover from the heavy 5x5 workouts...start doing a few sets of isolation if you want to ....read the stickies and design a routine and post it..

upper/lower or push/pull/legs ..

do it at a higher rep range to give your body and your central nervous system a chance to recover from the heavy 5x5 workouts...start doing a few sets of isolation if you want to ....read the stickies and design a routine and post it..

I prefer the upper/lower suggestion. though i do prefer weight training 3 times a week, so i'd probably make it ABA, BAB style.

This is what I'm doing now: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Periodized_5x5.htm

Here's what I'm thinking of next:

A: UPPER
db incline bench press
db standing shoulder press
one arm db lift
pullups
bb bicep curl
db shrugs

B: LOWER
squats
SL deadlifts
calf raises
weighted crunches
hanging leg raises

any suggestions on reps/sets? or if i should eliminate anything from there? thanks

I prefer the upper/lower suggestion. though i do prefer weight training 3 times a week, so i'd probably make it ABA, BAB style.

This is what I'm doing now: http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Periodized_5x5.htm

Here's what I'm thinking of next:

A: UPPER
db incline bench press
db standing shoulder press
one arm db lift
pullups
bb bicep curl
db shrugs

B: LOWER
squats
SL deadlifts
calf raises
weighted crunches
hanging leg raises

any suggestions on reps/sets? or if i should eliminate anything from there? thanks
what is a one arm dumbbell lift:confused:

what are your goals with your abs? do you just want them to be visible, or do you want strong hip/trunk flexors, or do you want better stability?

sorry, one arm dumbbell row. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exe...scle=Middle+Back&Equip=&Isolation=&order=Name

i want my abs to be visible of course, but i understand that thats more an issue of diet and cardio. so i'd say i'd rather add strength to the area.

oh, ok thats what I thought...
you should set up an upper a/b lower a/b program so you get a better variety of exercises, I would do:
upper a: pull strength/push size upper b: push strength/pull size

lower a: quad strength/ham size upper b: ham strength/quad strength

Back