• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

A Shocking Hourly Wage

Bowden

Elite Member
Reaction score
Volunteer Moderators of the world unite, you have
IML Gear Cream!
Inequality for All | A documentary film about income inequality, public policy, and economics and features professor Robert Reich.

$2.13 per hour vs. $3,000,000.00 per hour

Each of the Koch brothers saw his investments grow by $6 billion in one year, which is $3 million dollars per hour based on a 40-hour ?work? week.

Their income portrays them, in a society measured by economic status, as a million times more valuable than the average restaurant server that earns $2.13 an hour.
A comparison of top and bottom salaries within large corporations is much less severe, but a lot more common.
For CEOs and minimum-wage workers, the difference is $5,000.00 per hour vs. $7.25 per hour.

INEQUALITY FOR ALL - Official Trailer

About the Film | Inequality for All

DIRECTOR?S STATEMENT

It was quite a challenge, as a narrative filmmaker, to think about how I might approach a documentary about widening income inequality. As I thought about it more, however, I realized my background could be a real asset. I decided my goal with this film, first and foremost, was to take a conceptual and abstract topic and find a way to tell an approachable and human story about it. Every choice ? from letting Reich?s humor show through to approaching interview subjects as people rather than victims ? was designed to help show the argument and the economy in human terms that people could wrap their heads around.
Jacob Kornbluth, Director

This approach was so important to me because economic inequality was a concept that I have always felt personally. I grew up knowing I was from a poor family because I got free school lunches ? the scarlet letter a kid wears to let his classmates know his family is below the poverty line ? all the way through school. My mother raised a family of four by herself on a salary that ranged from $9,000 ? $15,000 a year. I remember all the day-to-day tough calls my mother had to make ? medical insurance for her kids or groceries? ? the pressure of which weighed on her every second of every day. I also remember how people looked down on us ? we must not be worth much if we had worn clothes on or if we didn?t even have enough money to go to the mall or to get an ice cream.

My upbringing also led us to move around a lot. I started out in a rough neighborhood in New York City, went to high school in a farm town in rural Michigan when New York became too much for my mother to handle, and moved to California as an adult. All of this might surprise people who know me now. Education was my way out, and I don?t often call attention to my economically disadvantaged roots. But I never forgot where I came from, and I was always keenly aware of who had what in society.

Cut to today. My hope in making this film was that I would be able to take all of those experiences and use them to help make a film that a wide variety of people can connect to. I have lived among the most conservative and liberal people in America, in urban and rural communities across this amazingly diverse country, and have experience dealing with billionaires and homeless people and everything in between.

I believe my somewhat unconventional background has provided great preparation for the goal of the film: to find a human way in to an idea-driven film. I believe America could use a discussion about the future of the middle class and widening income inequality, but not in purely partisan terms. I think we?ve had enough of that. The film I hope we made is one that educates at the same time it inspires, and speaks to what we can hope for to make America better. That large, idea-driven story, for me, is as personal as it gets.
STATEMENT FROM ROBERT REICH

This movie is critically important. It exposes the heart of our economic problem. Something that?s been getting worse and worse for over 30 years. Widening inequality.

We?re in the biggest economic slump since the Great Depression, and we can?t seem to get out of it. Why? Because, exactly as in the 1920s, so much of the nation?s income and wealth are going to the top, that the vast middle class doesn?t have the purchasing power to keep the economy going.

I?ve spent most of my working life concerned about what?s happening to American workers ? their jobs, their wages, their hopes and fears. My father sold clothing to the wives of factory workers in the late 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. I watched as the factories began to close, and as those families struggled with a new economy. Households kept their living standards by sending those wives and mothers into paid work ? a strategy that did the trick for a time. But when it no longer generated enough income, American families went deeper and deeper into debt ? and that?s been the vicious cycle most middle class Americans have been in ever since.

People are stressed. They?re angry and frustrated, and the tide is only rising on that front. Their debt obligations are staggering, yet (if lucky enough to have a job), they?re working harder and longer than ever before. People need to understand what?s happening to them ? because from their perspective, the picture looks pretty bleak.

Until we can take a step back and understand the big picture, we can?t do anything to get ourselves out of this mess. Our democracy as we know it depends on it. I?m an educator. I love the classroom. But I also write books, appear on television and on the radio, and do everything else I can do to help people understand the economic truth. It?s my life?s work and it?s more important than ever. One of the best ways to help people understand the challenges we face, is with a movie that can grab an audience and move them to action.

And this movie will do exactly that.

If you want it. Go work for it.

Simple as that.

Warrior

A response that is meaningless as it provides no context as to how that is possible in today's economy.
The wages of the middle class have been stagnant for 30 years, and there is data that supports that argument.
The purchasing power of the middle class which powers the economy is not keeping up, it is reducing the potential growth of the economy.
You cannot grow an economy that is powered by the creation of low wage and benefit services jobs, which are the majority of jobs created since the start of the great recession in 2007.
Low wage and benefits cause a reduction in the level of disposable income that people have to buy stuff.

Which is exactly the point of the movie.

Last edited:
A response that is meaningless as it provides no context as to how that is possible in today's economy.

How is it possible?

Work harder. Go the extra mile. Get a career instead of a job.

Minimum wage work ethic will never produce million dollar dreams.

Warrior

How is it possible?

Warrior

There is a problem with your suggestion.
It is related to dynamic shifts in the job market.
Do you see what it is and the potential impacts to opportunity?

Graph: America Has a Part-time Employment Problem : Blog of the Century

Graph: America Has a Part-time Employment Problem

Post by: Benjamin Landy ,
on January 11, 2013

2012 was a decent year for employment growth, all things considered. Despite a global economic slowdown and weak demand at home, the unemployment rate dropped 0.7 points to 7.8 percent in December, following 34 consecutive months of steady, albeit slow, private sector job creation. The long-term unemployment rate fell, too: Last month, the percentage of people out of work more than six months fell below 40 percent of all job-seekers for the first time in more than three years. Yet even as the quantity of jobs has increased, their quality has declined. Many of the newly reemployed have had no choice but to accept part-time jobs with lower wages and fewer benefits.

The shift to a low-wage workforce began during the Great Recession, when businesses began laying off full-time workers and cutting hours to boost profits. By the end of 2009, the number of Americans working part-time for "economic reasons" had doubled to over 9 million the single largest spike since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began tracking part-time employment in 1955. Although that number has fallen somewhat today, many employers have opted to lock in those productivity gains at the expense of labor, leaving 7.9 million part-time workers unable to find better-paying, full-time jobs.
20120110-graph-america-has-a-part-time-employment-problem.png

Although the number of people working part time for "economic reasons" increased in response to the 2007-2009 recession suggesting that the rise of the part-time worker is temporary there is also reason to believe that the trends underlying the shift to an increasingly part-time, low-wage workforce are neither short-term nor cyclical.

Global competition has pushed businesses to cut labor costs, either by boosting productivity with technologies that replace workers, or by cutting hours, wages and benefits to create a more "flexible" workforce. Without strong consumer demand to drive hiring or unions to defend their interests, workers have little leverage in the global economy. Rising income inequality has also contributed to this trend, creating a positive feedback loop of lower consumption, falling wages, sharper inequality and a growing population of part-time "working poor."

I work 2 jobs. Its a lot of working hours but its a way I can get ahead in this life so that's what I do. I have done this for years. Thankfully now my second job is something I love to do.

I love the guys at my work that complain about wage "inequality" They are the ones loafing at work and doing drugs or partying when not at work. They might want to invest or save their money but apparently blowing it and blaming those who make more is easier for them to process. I could care less if someone parties but when they then blame others for their situation its complete BS.

btw, minimum wage is $8 per hour now.

My wife grew up dirt poor and her parents taught her to find a husband, have kids and stay at home raising them. Seeking an education for career was not a goal for her. When we got married our discussions led to a shift in her thinking. It took years for her to climb her way up even though she was set up to fail at having a career but her hard work and persistence has paid off. She now has a specialized career that gives her the freedom to work from home. No doubt her high IQ led to her success so that may be the real factor to look at.

My first job ever was bagging groceries and guess what? It sucked and the pay was shit. So you know what I did? I went to school and took jobs wherever I could, even if it meant working in another province, long hours, and doing hard dirty labour. On my current job I work 12hrs/day not including the commute but I'm now in the top tax bracket. I don't have time for much else other than the gym when I am on shift but that's the sacrifice I'm willing to make to get ahead financially. Lots of my friends said they would never do that because they like being home all of the time but those people are making maybe 20-30$ an hour..

Cost of living must be high for you frostbacks. $20-30/hr is pretty good in my area.

Warrior

How is it possible?

Warrior

Those career jobs are disappearing leaving only menial, low wage jobs.

I work 2 jobs. Its a lot of working hours but its a way I can get ahead in this life so that's what I do. I have done this for years. Thankfully now my second job is something I love to do.

you do realize that the nature of the "economy" changes from the rural area to the metro across each state and then between the states themselves,

that's great that you have two jobs. A lot of us used to work 2 jobs when we were younger and times were different and at the start of our entry into the workforce. But now in a lot of places those days are gone, never to return and people are having problems finding one job. Some people have one crappy salary job and that's it, there aren't always options in reality for everyone and especially the people in there late 40's and 50's. Some of them may never work again, at least not earning any real income.

you do realize that the nature of the "economy" changes from the rural area to the metro across each state and then between the states themselves,

that's great that you have two jobs. A lot of us used to work 2 jobs when we were younger and times were different and at the start of our entry into the workforce. But now in a lot of places those days are gone, never to return and people are having problems finding one job. Some people have one crappy salary job and that's it, there aren't always options in reality for everyone and especially the people in there late 40's and 50's. Some of them may never work again, at least not earning any real income.
I'm in my late 40's and I still look for opportunities. Life many times is what you make it. However, I always make it my goal to keep learning. I don't want some 20 year old kid knowing more than me =)

IML Gear Cream!
I'm in my late 40's and I still look for opportunities. Life many times is what you make it. However, I always make it my goal to keep learning. I don't want some 20 year old kid knowing more than me =)

All 20 year olds know more than someone in their late 40's that is over the hill.
Just ask one of them. :-D

GOTD: Why Unemployed Workers Can

[h=2]GOTD: Why Unemployed Workers Can?t Just ?Get a Job?[/h] Blog Post by: Benjamin Landy , on January 16, 2014
unemployed_workers_per_job_opening.png

On December 28, roughly 1.3 million Americans lost their unemployment insurance after Congress failed to renew an emergency program that would have extended benefits for the long-term jobless.
Three weeks later, lawmakers are still dithering. Some high-profile Republicans have joined Democrats in supporting another extension of the Emergency Unemployment Compensation program, although they disagree over how it should be funded. Others, like Senator Rand Paul, have suggested that providing unemployment insurance longer than the typical 26 weeks does workers "a disservice," lulling them into complacency.

There are a number of reasons why Paul's comments were off base, from the bleak moral vision they represent to the numerous studies showing unemployment insurance actually helps workers stay in the labor force. But perhaps the most obvious rebuttal is this: Four years into the economic recovery, there are still less than 4 million job openings for more than 10 million unemployed people. Including the nearly 1 million Americans who also have no job but are counted as "discouraged" rather than "unemployed," that's approximately three job applicants per available position.

For the millions of Americans without work or a financial lifeline, "get a job" isn't a policy solution. It's out-of-touch Washington condescension at its worst.

If you want it. Go work for it.

Simple as that.

Warrior

no, there always has to be a victim. according to the democrat play book. page 56 it's not your fault. rule 1. blame everybody and everything but yourself.

Age doesn't equate to knowledge and intelligence, sorry to disappoint you..

Age generally does equate to knowledge if there is a certain degree of intelligence there to begin with. Experience will teach anyone with enough intelligence to recognize their mistakes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

no, there always has to be a victim. according to the democrat play book. page 56 it's not your fault. rule 1. blame everybody and everything but yourself.

it has nothing to do with political party affiliation but apparently with the ability to comprehend economics at above an 8th grade level which you can not. Because it's the same song being sung by the top economists all over the world.

When household wealth and wages decline aggregate demand drops and employment remains high, this is economics 101.

Last edited:
Age generally does equate to knowledge if there is a certain degree of intelligence there to begin with. Experience will teach anyone with enough intelligence to recognize their mistakes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I have to point out your flaw in reasoning EXPERIENCE is what you're talking about...not age..though one hopes that with age comes experience but this is not always the case

I'm behind the 8-ball financially (genuinely a series of really shitty events) but during the process of being here I've worked as many as three jobs at a time and still holding down kids, home, hubs etc... I just work harder and get better at selling my worth for better income along the way. I can see the end of the tunnel but I'm not there yet.
Luckily I do have a ton of experience in several fields.

wages ARE stagnant . I've done the math on my husbands employment-wages vs inflation/cost of living and he is making less now then he was when he started at his company 7 yrs ago all factors considered but he likes his job quite a bit so I take up the slack.

the federal reserve says we don't have enough inflation and that we need more.

there's a lot of hidden inflation too. products have less product in them for the same price.

the federal reserve says we don't have enough inflation and that we need more.

there's a lot of hidden inflation too. products have less product in them for the same price.

oh yeah...absolutely

I picked up a box of pasta the other day and didn't even notice it was like 12 ounces instead of 16 until I got home and went to make it and was thinkin...wtf..why does this seem like its shorted?

uhm, cuz it was

what kinda blows my mind is traveling down south and seeing milk and gas prices being pretty much the same as they are up north (dont ask me why milk and gas are my mental gauge) and knowing full well the wages are wildly lower..I mean I get that housing is cheaper but not THAT much cheaper. How are these people buying groceries?

oh yeah...absolutely

I picked up a box of pasta the other day and didn't even notice it was like 12 ounces instead of 16 until I got home and went to make it and was thinkin...wtf..why does this seem like its shorted?

uhm, cuz it was

what kinda blows my mind is traveling down south and seeing milk and gas prices being pretty much the same as they are up north (dont ask me why milk and gas are my mental gauge) and knowing full well the wages are wildly lower..I mean I get that housing is cheaper but not THAT much cheaper. How are these people buying groceries?

If you are in the stagnant wage middle class - cutting back on non essentials.
If you are working at wal-mart or at any other service job in which your employer wont give you full time, only part time hours, the stagnant wage middle class tax payers give you food stamps.

President Obama has been suggesting raising minimum wage to $10.10 an hour by 2016 and hope to see this . Not everyone is destined to attend college or have a specific skill and seek a higher paying job . It takes a lot of motivation , drive to move forward and accomplish what you want .

here's the results of obamas $10.10 federal contractors minimum wage regulation.

Some fast food outlets closing on military bases
New federal wage rules may be factor, sources say
Mar. 17, 2014

Four restaurants, including three McDonald?s outlets, will close within the next three weeks on Navy installations, according to Navy Exchange Service Command officials.

And two other contractors ? a name-brand sandwich eatery and a name-brand pizza parlor ? have asked to be released from their Army and Air Force Exchange Service contracts to operate fast food restaurants at two other installations, according to AAFES officials.

A source with knowledge of military on-base resale operations said the issue likely has to do with two new government regulations ? one implemented, one pending ? that will affect wages for contract workers in such on-base concessions.

These closings ?are the tip of the iceberg,? the source said. ?I don?t think anybody has realized what the far-reaching effects of this will be.?

McDonald?s restaurants will close at Naval Weapons Station Charleston, S.C., on March 16; at Naval Support Activity, Bethesda, Md., on March 21; and at Naval Base Kitsap-Bremerton, Wash., on March 31, said Kathleen Martin, a NEXCOM spokeswoman.

Another eatery, I Love Country, has notified NEXCOM that it will close its restaurant at Naval Station Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on April 4, Martin said.

Martin said the McDonald?s outlets ?came to the end of their contract term. We were in the process of renegotiating and McDonald?s made the unilateral decision to close those three? outlets. She referred questions about the reasons for the closures to McDonald?s.

Lisa McComb, a company spokeswoman, said McDonald?s, along with the independent owner/operators of the individual restaurants, are closing the three eateries ?due to the fact that we have lost our lease.?

McDonald?s independent owners operate about 30 restaurants on military installations. ?Whenever we reach the end of a term, whether on a military site or otherwise, we consider many factors in deciding whether to renegotiate a new term,? McComb said.

She said the owners of the three closing outlets are offering affected employees transfers to other nearby McDonald?s restaurants.

Martin said new Labor Department rules issued last fall for fast food workers on federal contracts under the Service Contract Act require an increase in the minimum wage for such employees, varying by region. The rules also require payment of new, additional ?health and welfare? fringe benefits at a rate of $3.81 per hour to those employees.

Contractor-operated fast food concessions on military installations fall under those regulations.

The new rules ?have to be part of any contract we negotiate,? said Martin, adding that many vendor partners ?have verbally indicated hesitation? to accept contract changes reflecting the revised wage rules.

?NEXCOM is working closely with our contracted food service providers to assess the impact of the new wage determinations,? she said. ?This is part of the quality-of-life benefit we provide to sailors and their families, and our goal is to continue to do that.?

In addition, President Obama recently signed an executive order that will increase the minimum wage for employees of companies with new federal contracts beginning Jan. 1. At that time, the minimum wage for all federal contract workers ? not just those working for fast food concessions ? will increase to $10.10 from the current $7.25. It is not yet known how far-reaching the effects will be for contracts on military installations.

The wage hikes are good news for the many military spouses and veterans who work for these contractors ? but only if the concessionaires continue to operate.

?At the end of the day, there will be fewer jobs,? said the industry source. ?And for [the contractors] who stick it out, there will be higher costs and the customers will pay more.?

The two AAFES contractors asking to be released from their contracts did so after the new Labor Department wage rules were released.

AAFES officials are declining at this time to name the two name-brand restaurants, said spokesman Chris Ward, although he added that there is no set timeframe for that to happen.

?Once the paperwork is completed by both parties, they?ll be out of it at that time,? he said.

Concessions contracts are negotiated on a rolling basis for fast food restaurants on military installations throughout the year, so exchange officials continue to monitor and assess the impact of the new wage rules.

AAFES officials said the Service Contract Act has had a limited impact on their operations because that exchange service directly operates about 75 percent of its fast food outlets.

The new wage rules ?were a small concern, but not a major concern,? in the I Love Country Cafe eatery?s decision not to renew the contract at Pearl Harbor, said Richard Chan, a spokesman for the company.

?The Hawaii labor market is tight and we need to pool our resources and move to other areas,? he said, adding that the Navy has posted signs to let the customers know about the impending move.

?We really enjoy serving the service members of our country,? he said. ?Some customers are sad, but our other locations are not too far from the bases.?
http://www.militarytimes.com/articl...Some-fast-food-outlets-closing-military-bases

Fast food is bad for you anyway.

I have a decent career and worked hard at it, schools licenses extra hours for free when I could assist someone to learn a new aircraft model or engine. So yes hard work pays, kinda, I have been making $55hr an hour since 2001, so yes cost of living rose and salary stayed stagnant. Both sides are correct as far as I can see.

I have worked fast food, construction, manufacturing, and all sorts of low paying jobs. Statistics to me mean nothing compared to personal experience. People that are happy making $10 per hour, then go home smoke some dope or get drunk, will never get sympathy from me. There is no one that I have ever met who actually has some drive that has not made good money. Most people are just too damn lazy and want something handed to them. Every time I saw my wage get stagnant I changed jobs to improve it. If someone is bitching that they make $10 an hour then move to the Dakotas and work on an oil well. You could do that literally today.

The wages of the middle class have been stagnant for 30 years, and there is data that supports that argument.
The purchasing power of the middle class which powers the economy is not keeping up, it is reducing the potential growth of the economy.
You cannot grow an economy that is powered by the creation of low wage and benefit services jobs, which are the majority of jobs created since the start of the great recession in 2007.
Low wage and benefits cause a reduction in the level of disposable income that people have to buy stuff.

Which is exactly the point of the movie.

^^Agreed^^
I am a state licensed water plant operator I make a very low wage (I believe for what I do) and it is for county/gov. Let me put it this way I have worked my way up in the last 4 years to 15.67 per hr. Now when you consider what it takes to produce on avg 40 MGD of clean drinkable water per day that wage is ridiculous. I work with lab techs that have to have a BA that cold not pass the test operators have to take. Of course we are not even eligible to take the exam until we have 2 years OJT. I guess this was ore of a vent than anything but what Bowden says is true and it is getting worse. I do have a profession and work very hard but it is still paycheck to paycheck.
Now you have my younger brother who was able to hook up with an oil company through a friend and works 18 on and 12 off and started at 125K a year. Now he has me thinking of sacrificing for about five years to get myself and my wife ahead of the curve.....Just my 2 cents.....

here's the results of obamas $10.10 federal contractors minimum wage regulation.

Some fast food outlets closing on military bases
New federal wage rules may be factor, sources say
Mar. 17, 2014

Four restaurants, including three McDonald?s outlets, will close within the next three weeks on Navy installations, according to Navy Exchange Service Command officials.

And two other contractors ? a name-brand sandwich eatery and a name-brand pizza parlor ? have asked to be released from their Army and Air Force Exchange Service contracts to operate fast food restaurants at two other installations, according to AAFES officials.

A source with knowledge of military on-base resale operations said the issue likely has to do with two new government regulations ? one implemented, one pending ? that will affect wages for contract workers in such on-base concessions.

These closings ?are the tip of the iceberg,? the source said. ?I don?t think anybody has realized what the far-reaching effects of this will be.?

McDonald?s restaurants will close at Naval Weapons Station Charleston, S.C., on March 16; at Naval Support Activity, Bethesda, Md., on March 21; and at Naval Base Kitsap-Bremerton, Wash., on March 31, said Kathleen Martin, a NEXCOM spokeswoman.

Another eatery, I Love Country, has notified NEXCOM that it will close its restaurant at Naval Station Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, on April 4, Martin said.

Martin said the McDonald?s outlets ?came to the end of their contract term. We were in the process of renegotiating and McDonald?s made the unilateral decision to close those three? outlets. She referred questions about the reasons for the closures to McDonald?s.

Lisa McComb, a company spokeswoman, said McDonald?s, along with the independent owner/operators of the individual restaurants, are closing the three eateries ?due to the fact that we have lost our lease.?

McDonald?s independent owners operate about 30 restaurants on military installations. ?Whenever we reach the end of a term, whether on a military site or otherwise, we consider many factors in deciding whether to renegotiate a new term,? McComb said.

She said the owners of the three closing outlets are offering affected employees transfers to other nearby McDonald?s restaurants.

Martin said new Labor Department rules issued last fall for fast food workers on federal contracts under the Service Contract Act require an increase in the minimum wage for such employees, varying by region. The rules also require payment of new, additional ?health and welfare? fringe benefits at a rate of $3.81 per hour to those employees.

Contractor-operated fast food concessions on military installations fall under those regulations.

The new rules ?have to be part of any contract we negotiate,? said Martin, adding that many vendor partners ?have verbally indicated hesitation? to accept contract changes reflecting the revised wage rules.

?NEXCOM is working closely with our contracted food service providers to assess the impact of the new wage determinations,? she said. ?This is part of the quality-of-life benefit we provide to sailors and their families, and our goal is to continue to do that.?

In addition, President Obama recently signed an executive order that will increase the minimum wage for employees of companies with new federal contracts beginning Jan. 1. At that time, the minimum wage for all federal contract workers ? not just those working for fast food concessions ? will increase to $10.10 from the current $7.25. It is not yet known how far-reaching the effects will be for contracts on military installations.

The wage hikes are good news for the many military spouses and veterans who work for these contractors ? but only if the concessionaires continue to operate.

?At the end of the day, there will be fewer jobs,? said the industry source. ?And for [the contractors] who stick it out, there will be higher costs and the customers will pay more.?

The two AAFES contractors asking to be released from their contracts did so after the new Labor Department wage rules were released.

AAFES officials are declining at this time to name the two name-brand restaurants, said spokesman Chris Ward, although he added that there is no set timeframe for that to happen.

?Once the paperwork is completed by both parties, they?ll be out of it at that time,? he said.

Concessions contracts are negotiated on a rolling basis for fast food restaurants on military installations throughout the year, so exchange officials continue to monitor and assess the impact of the new wage rules.

AAFES officials said the Service Contract Act has had a limited impact on their operations because that exchange service directly operates about 75 percent of its fast food outlets.

The new wage rules ?were a small concern, but not a major concern,? in the I Love Country Cafe eatery?s decision not to renew the contract at Pearl Harbor, said Richard Chan, a spokesman for the company.

?The Hawaii labor market is tight and we need to pool our resources and move to other areas,? he said, adding that the Navy has posted signs to let the customers know about the impending move.

?We really enjoy serving the service members of our country,? he said. ?Some customers are sad, but our other locations are not too far from the bases.?
http://www.militarytimes.com/articl...Some-fast-food-outlets-closing-military-bases
Speaking of raising the minimum wage. Where I live they raised the wage last year and it backfired on the employees. Sure they made a higher hourly wage, but it doesn't do any good when the company cuts your hours to make up for the higher wages. Target cut a lot of Employee's hours hours along with a lot of local restaurants when wages were raised last year and it turned into the talk of the town.

Speaking of raising the minimum wage. Where I live they raised the wage last year and it backfired on the employees. Sure they made a higher hourly wage, but it doesn't do any good when the company cuts your hours to make up for the higher wages. Target cut a lot of Employee's hours hours along with a lot of local restaurants when wages were raised last year and it turned into the talk of the town.

Do not patronize those places that cut employee hours. Contrary to what people have been brainwashed into believing, we have the power.

Back