• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

High BUN/Creatinine & LDH, cause for concern?

XxGetLeanxX

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!

I just got bloods back that I had drawn earlier this week. (These were drawn 3-4 months AFTER PCT)

Everything was in range, with the exception of this:

BUN/Creatinine - 21 (9-20 normal range)
LDH - 230 (0-225 normal range)

I'm "assuming" the BUN/C levels are high probably dihydration, as I haven't been consuming nearly as much water as I should be (just started upping my intake big time).

But I'm confused about the LDH level.

Can someone in the know chime in?

Thanks!​

That range is fairly narrow for normal. Did you lift right before the test?

That range is fairly narrow for normal. Did you lift right before the test?

I actually had a good back workout the night prior and ate like a horse when I came home, but the test was taken after a 12 hour fast.

Probably a result of the workout and the low water intake. But I'm no professional.

My blood tests separate BUN (range 6-24 mg/dL) and Creatinine (range 0.76-1.27 mg/dL). That number looks like it;s just your BUN#. Could be dehydration.

As for the "LDH" - not sure what that is. Do you mean LDL? If so that number is very high. Or do you mean Total Cholesterol? If so then it's still high but not in the stratosphere. If it is the total cholesterol then you should understand that the ratio of HDL/LDL is of greater importance than just simply the total number.

Lastly, did you fast for at least 12 hours before doing the blood draw? If so this could skew the numbers upwards. Also, did you drink alcohol within 24 hours of the test? This also can skew the numbers?

Here's the full Blood Work. I'm a little disappointed on the low test / free test as I usually recover a bit higher all around. But in all likelihood, it was probably skewed by my crappy diet and sleep lately, so I'm not totally surprised....thoughts?

Had to look up LDH -lactate dehydrogenase.

From the NIH website:

"LDH is most often measured to check for tissue damage. The protein LDH is in many body tissues, especially the heart, liver, kidney, muscles, brain, blood cells, and lungs."

Sounds like it shows tissue damage and releases the protein into the blood. MIGHT mean you're breaking down muscle tissue. Hopefully nothing else more serious.

Thx for the input guys. The more I read up on LDH, it's actually saying the normal range is from 140 IU/L - 333 IU/L which would put me in the "normal" range. It also says one should be well rested before testing for this and/or NOT do any strenuous exercising.....BINGO! I had a good back workout the night prior, ate like a horse when I came home, had a scotch lol, then passed out. SO, if I had to make an educated guess, I would say that's why both BUN/C & LDH were elevated.

AS far as not fully recovering Testosterone wise, some times I recover a bit lower, sometimes as high (for me) as 520. I'm also blaming that on sleep and my shitty diet these past few months. I go for my annual physical in April. I'll have my Dr re-test as he does every year. I may run another 5-6 PCT as a precaution. If all is GTG, I'll jump back on.

If anyone else has any input, I'm more than happy to hear it.

Back