• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

so...I have a weird problem

SheriV

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have been offered two jobs
one promises more pay after 30 days
one will be the same pay for...forever basically, unless I took on more work/became available.

more pay is 40 hrs a week
regular w2 job
10-6 and includes saturdays
after childcare, fuel etc I would literally only clear about 150 bucks a week from it...if everyone is satisfied with the trial peried I'd clear about 350 a week

same pay job is about 3 third shifts of 5-7 hrs at a time
1099 job, and an owner/job I'm very familiar with. He actually called me with this asan emergency
there would be no childcare aside from about 2-3 hrs a day but I'd have to force myself to go to sleep at like 8pm for those three nights to get up at 2-3 am to get the work done in time
I'd clear about 250 a week.

my problem with all of this is I was clearing about 700 a week after childcare until the contract died on my last job

*sigh*

I hate job hopping because I've done a LOT of it the last couple of years so I feel like if I take either job until something better comes along this makes me a deadbeat and puts employers in a bad spot.

I have a lot more thoughts on the whole thing ...I was actually asked to start the ft job today but I said no, I can start monday but I'm really rethinking it after doing the math.

it does doesn't it....

I don't think I can handle both either..not realistically

the w2 is really gonna fuck up kids appointments, any meaningful gym time, nanny is great and cleans the house but then I still gotta figure out what the family peeps are having for dinner etc
it seems like very little reward in the end

and i wont get home for 5 days a week including all day saturday until the little peeps are gettin ready for bed

SheriV;3221363r said:
I hate job hopping because I've done a LOT of it the last couple of years so I feel like if I take either job until something better comes along this makes me a deadbeat and puts employers in a bad spot.

Shop away and don't worry about feeling like a deadbeat. Most, not all, employers won't lose any sleep over putting you in a bad spot. You need to look out for yourself, first. Looking out for the company might be in the top ten in importance.

Shop away and don't worry about feeling like a deadbeat. Most, not all, employers won't lose any sleep over putting you in a bad spot. You need to look out for yourself, first. Looking out for the company might be in the top ten in importance.

Agreed. 99.9% of companies out there are only worried about their bottom line.

Warrior

Well, Sheri, at least you're able to have multiple job offers. And I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you. If it were up to these A holes who run shiite tho, they'd say take 'em both, that's the American way!

Even tho those MFers never even had 1 real job.

I have been offered two jobs
one promises more pay after 30 days
one will be the same pay for...forever basically, unless I took on more work/became available.

regular w2 job
after childcare, fuel etc I would literally only clear about 150 bucks a week from it...if everyone is satisfied with the trial peried I'd clear about 350 a week

same pay job is about 3 third shifts of 5-7 hrs at a time
1099 job, and an owner/job I'm very familiar with. He actually called me with this asan emergency
there would be no childcare aside from about 2-3 hrs a day but I'd have to force myself to go to sleep at like 8pm for those three nights to get up at 2-3 am to get the work done in time
I'd clear about 250 a week.

my problem with all of this is I was clearing about 700 a week after childcare until the contract died on my last job

*sigh*

I have a lot more thoughts on the whole thing ...I was actually asked to start the ft job today but I said no, I can start monday but I'm really rethinking it after doing the math.

If that other job is 1099 and you haven't taken your taxes into account, you're definitely not clearing 250/ wk

IML Gear Cream!
it accounts for the taxes..it would end up being two places so its a bit more than it was before but not 7 daysa week like it was before

1099 you can write off expensive on taxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have job related expenses you can. This job won't have enough to make a difference.

nev is right, he's familiar with the job
the write offs are very minimal for it..barely worth keeping track of

Oh really I do a 1099 and I write off mileage, food, clothing, computers, internet really anything i use for the job.

yeah...I write off absolutely everything I can...

went with the 1099 job because it fucks up my life less

Just collect unemployment and food stamps. Obama said thats just fine.

IML Gear Cream!
regular w2 job

I don't know what industry you're in but this sounds shady. What if they aren't "satisfied"? It's not a logical proposition. Once you agree to the lower wage you'll have no bargaining power except threatening to leave. IOW, I'd assume (for the purpose of making a decision) that I'd be payed at the lower rate.

Just marry me and you can stay at home or as you wish. :)

take the job the offers you the security you need, in the long run will pay off better, it's not obout how much money you have left but rather how much you can consistently save.

yeah, I start the 1099 gig tonight

Back