• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

$202 million lottery ticket sold in New York

Curt James

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
$202 million lottery ticket sold in New York

By Julia Talanova, CNN
UPDATED: 02:49 PM EDT 06.02.11

Someone in New York is holding a Powerball ticket worth $202 million, according to a New York Lottery official.

The winning jackpot ticket in Wednesday night's drawing was sold at a Long Island stationery store, Malik & Chandni in Lindenhurst. As of Thursday afternoon no one had come forward to claim the prize, said Carolyn Hapeman, a lottery spokeswoman.

The store is known for its winning record. In 2006 it sold a $1 million scratch-off ticket and last year a customer hit a $96,000 LOTTO jackpot there.

"I'm very excited -- it's good for us, and I hope they (the winner or winners) have a very good life now," said Mike Patel, the store owner.

It is the second-largest winning lottery ticket sold in New York this year; winnings of $319 million were claimed in March by a group of coworkers in Albany who are now known as "Albany Seven."

The June 1 winning numbers were 8, 18, 38, 46, 56 and the Powerball was 31. The winner has one year to claim the wealth.

Hapeman said if a lump-sum payment is chosen over a multi-year annuity, the winnings would come out to $106 million.

From CNN.com

What would you do with that kind of dough?

Would you take the lump sum or spread your winnings across the years?

I'm that close to 49. Might opt for the $106 million up front if I had that winning ticket.

Gym spending spree? I'd open a gym with a juice bar/supplement sales (IronMagLabs, of course). And a fern.

Dumbbells to 250 lbs. to silence the "Well, this ain't a REAL gym" crowd.

Apartment above the gym. Monster garage around the back so no more a) trees, b) drunk college kids, c) law students, or d) idiot motorists will tip over my motorcycle again.

I mean, seriously, a freaking tree. :rolleyes:

24/7 key card access for members.

What else?

And, of course, a first class art room for "kids" from 3 to 103.

Maybe a barber shop on the other side of the gym. Pool somewhere.

Wait.

That was $106 million not billion. Dang.

I think with $106 million, you could do everything you mentioned, and still eat out every meal of every day for the rest of your life.

Id hire a hitman to kill me but then hire counter security to protect me.

the first university I attended a local cop had set up a 24-hr gym with key-card access, we loved him, back in '87 that was almost unheard of.

I would help out my friends that are in financial trouble not of their own doing, give most away to charity, maybe start a vocational school of some kind.

maybe build a state of the art smart-green home...

find a legit Shelby Cobra frame and have a car built...

find a '68 Roadrunner and have it restored...

find a '70 GTO with the 455 Rocket and have it restored

Last edited:
I'd buy a large plot on the moon and a large telescope, then sit and stare at it everynight just thinking about how much money I'll make when they decide to mine the moon in 30 years....SIKE!!!

I'd buy a lifetime membership on a round the world cruiseship travel whenever I want, just fly out and meet the ship in whatever port it's in, have my own stateroom no one else could use. I like being out at sea on large ships you'll never see as many stars. Also build a quaint little solar powered cottage here in the mountains with lots of room for my dogs. Retire and just write all the time, buy billboards around the country and use it to spread messages that make people think.....

I would pay off my parents homes, buy myself and my family a nice home with many toys for everyone. Give a least a few million away to charity as I've always said I would do this if I ever got rich one way or another.

IML Gear Cream!
$106 million - me and Warren would turn that into a lot more!

Seriously though, I would be talking with some major investors and/or hedge funds to invest half that pretty much right away so I can live off the interest and have at least half the principle working for me continuously. Getting a few modest houses would be nice, I don't need anything too huge just a few million total for each... one on the TX coast, one in the mountains in CO or UT and a few in international locations (heck an apartment might be enough overseas). No matter where they are, each home will be heavy on the home automation and have some seriously high tech A/V equipment and computers. Also, I like to cook so my kitchen would be off the freaking chain ridiculous, restaurants would envy its capability [in the primary residence and my mountain home]. And I would definitely buy time on NetJets so I could get around easily.

As for charity, I would start my own and I would choose what scholarships I gave out. This way I get decide what the money goes to and I can write that shit off. It would be focused on getting kids through college that I believe have promise, think kids in small farm towns that are smart as hell but can't afford to go to quality institutions (and it would not be for minorities or non-Americans, there are so many of those given out already I am not going to add to the mix).

Toys I would have to get a boat or two for my TX house, one for inshore and one for offshore and some wave runners to fuck around with. Definitely will get about 5-6 cars I have my eye on: Ford GT, Factory Five GTM with the Ford GT 5.4L in it and a whipple blower, Audi RS5 for the mountains, some exotic just to go out in and look like a baller and finally a truck that is badass like an F-250 King Ranch loaded out like crazy to pull the boats. Sure there will be other things but I don't need tons of crap to be happy...

Gears - it will all be human grade that is all I can say and I would not be stingy on the GH either. Find a doctor that will give me TRT and rock out on blast and cruise since I won't care anymore. Who knows, could be fun to do some amateur shows since I would have the time to get big and have a trainer to teach me about posing.

Guns - Yeah my collection would be pretty ridiculous and I would actually use what I buy. At a minimum there would be some hand guns, AR-10 in .308 caliber, a long sniper rifle, shotgun, something stupid like an vintage WW2 or Vietnam era .50 machine gun and probably something highly illegal like a full auto AK-47 for shits and giggle. You can have A LOT of great guns and still only spend $150K!

Fun little fantasy this is to think about, too bad I didn't win $202 million!

Seriously though, I would be talking with some major investors and/or hedge funds to invest half that pretty much right away so I can live off the interest and have at least half the principle working for me continuously.

This is exactly what i would do. I would make sure the money keeps making money for me. Than i would hook up my parents and after that i would do everything i've always wanted to do, like travel all over the world.

However it's to bad winning the big jackpot is actually a curse, most people end up having a miserable life.

This is exactly what i would do. I would make sure the money keeps making money for me. Than i would hook up my parents and after that i would do everything i've always wanted to do, like travel all over the world.

However it's to bad winning the big jackpot is actually a curse, most people end up having a miserable life.

I have heard the same thing about the jack pots being huge and people having rough lives after that. It could lead to you living a relatively quiet lifestyle otherwise 1000s of people are going to come to you to get money.

I have heard the same thing about the jack pots being huge and people having rough lives after that. It could lead to you living a relatively quiet lifestyle otherwise 1000s of people are going to come to you to get money.

there are lots of stories and books out there about the "Lottery Curse" most people do not fair very well when the come into vast amounts of monies that they could/would have never earned during the course of the lifetime.

a good 40-50% of my friends that were trust fund babies are all dead, most before their late 30's.

there are lots of stories and books out there about the "Lottery Curse" most people do not fair very well when the come into vast amounts of monies that they could/would have never earned during the course of the lifetime.

a good 40-50% of my friends that were trust fund babies are all dead, most before their late 30's.

This is so true. I've met geniuses who have made business moves which transpired into large amounts of money, and all of a sudden they are back to square one because they do not know the meaning of the word SAVE. Just plain reckless misuse of funds. Its simple (well not really) to become rich from one day to the other, but to stay on top is what its all about.

Last edited:
get my Ph.D in geology and do field work...maybe teach

This is so true. I've met geniuses who have made business moves which transpired into large amounts of money, and all of a sudden they are back to square one because they do not know the meaning of the word SAVE. Just plain reckless misuse of funds. Its simple (well not really) to become rich from one day to the other, but to stay on top is what its all about.

That being said, I would still like to take the chance and see how it goes for me. It would be fun, I could fly to Vegas so I can argue/debate with LAM in person all while strippers grind on us at the Spearmint Rhino... tell me that doesn't sound like a fine day. :winkfinger:

That being said, I would still like to take the chance and see how it goes for me. It would be fun, I could fly to Vegas so I can argue/debate with LAM in person all while strippers grind on us at the Spearmint Rhino... tell me that doesn't sound like a fine day. :winkfinger:

hit me up with a PM when you are coming out here. It's been a while but there have been times when I have seen every shift at the Rhino come and go.

IML Gear Cream!
hit me up with a PM when you are coming out here. It's been a while but there have been times when I have seen every shift at the Rhino come and go.

Next time I am out there I will hit you up, local knowledge and good conversation is always welcome... and strippers too!!!! :roflmao:

Hmmm, Maybe Min0lee has the winning ticket?

And now they're too big for their britches to come talk to us anymore!

How funny, I just watched a related video in Gena's Smartest Man in the World thread and the guy they claim has the highest IQ seems like he lacks some common sense or something. Before he became somewhat famous for his IQ he had been a bouncer for 20 years plus other labor jobs. All he has done with his brain power is come up with some theory where god has multiple personality disorder and we make up the random personalities...It's not horrible and I have at times thought very similar things about the Universe.

Malcolm Gladwell portrayed him as an example of an individual who failed to realize his potential in part because of poor social skills resulting from, in Gladwell's speculation, being raised in poverty. But I think it goes back to the question: which is the most universal human characteristic: fear or laziness?

Louis Mackey:
"Actually, the gap between, say, Plato or Nietzsche, and the average human is greater than the gap between that chimpanzee and the average human. The realm of the real spirit, the true artist, the saint, the philosopher, is rarely achieved. Why so few? Why is world history and evolution not stories of progress, rather this endless and futile addition of zeros? No greater values have developed. Hell, the Greeks 3,000 years ago were just as advanced as we are. So what are these barriers that keep people from reaching anywhere near their real potential. The answer to that can be found in another question, and that's this: which is the most universal human characteristic: fear or laziness? "

Back