• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Too Much Protein????

LB_SpecV

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I was wondering what happens when you eat more protein than your body needs at one sitting? For instance, I went out and ate a boat load of sushi tonight, which is, for the most, part pure protein. I mean I ate a lotttt, much more than my body needs for sure. It was all you can eat, so why not eat till you cant move, its too good not to. So what happens to that extra protein that I eat? Is it stored in my body? Converted to another form, such as carbs or fat? Or is it dispelled from my body when I go to the bathroom?

I always have wondered where the extra protein goes. I know carbs are stored, but protein I dont know about. As a side note, I ran 8 miles and lifted weights for about 45 minutes right before going out and eating the sushi, just in case that mattered.

Thanx

MWpro said:
You shit it out.
Mmm not really. Excess protein can get stored as fat. Also, I wouldn't say you "shit it out" as lots of it is passed through urine.. so excess protein can take a little toll on the kidneys, however I doubt one meal would have too much an effect.

I see, thanx for the feedback

If your cycling you can't have to much protein. JMO. I'm on a cycle right now and on non training days I take in 485 grams per day and 575 grams on training days.

No I don't shit a ton either. On non training days i only take in around 40 grams of carbs. On training days I take in around 200 grams. On Sun I carb load and shit my brains out.

LB_SpecV said:
I was wondering what happens when you eat more protein than your body needs at one sitting? For instance, I went out and ate a boat load of sushi tonight, which is, for the most, part pure protein. I mean I ate a lotttt, much more than my body needs for sure. It was all you can eat, so why not eat till you cant move, its too good not to. So what happens to that extra protein that I eat? Is it stored in my body? Converted to another form, such as carbs or fat? Or is it dispelled from my body when I go to the bathroom?

I always have wondered where the extra protein goes. I know carbs are stored, but protein I dont know about. As a side note, I ran 8 miles and lifted weights for about 45 minutes right before going out and eating the sushi, just in case that mattered.

Thanx

Read this threads: http://ironmagazineforums.com/showthread.php?t=5072

Where I say:
The body can ABSORB a LOT of protein in one meal - the bodies digestive system has the enzymatic capacity to digest and absorb amounts far in excess of what anyone would need (the only time this is not the case is if you have a medical condition which limits your ability to digest the protein or you consume MASSIVE MASSIVE amounts - in which case the bulk of the meal will push the protein through your intestines at a speed that will overwhelm your enzymatic capacity)...

However, the amount your body can actually UTILISE is completely different.... (That is - the amount of protein that your body will use as amino acids for muscle growth and repair, for enzymes, for hormone formation and for other cells and their biochemical processes..). This is related to your lean mass, your metabolism/physiology, your hormone levels, what type of workouts you are doing/how active you are etc etc... And it is very hard to determine just how much your body needs (however - The levels of protein that we all take in actually far exceed our actual requirements)....

eg: a 200 pound juiced man with 8% BF and a 110 pound female with 25% BF may both digest/absorb a meal with 50g of protein in it - but their ability to utilise that protein as PROTEIN will be vastly different.

So, in the case above, if that smaller female ate 50g of protein the excess amino acids that are not needed for their repair/growth purposes will be deaminated and converted to energy via gluconeogenesis... And if you don't need glucose at that point in time, then will then be stored as glycogen (and, in the event that all your glycogen stores are packed up then it will go one step further and be converted to be stored as fat).

Gotcha, wow, that was quite extensive and informative. Personally, I'm about 5'8", 153 pounds, with less than 6% Body Fat. I run 5 times a week between 6 and 8.5 miles ranging from 60-80 minutes, and lift weights 6 times a week, for about 45 minutes each session. Just to list my stats.

The days that I know im going to each all you eat sushi I dont really eat much protein throughout the day, so I'm guessing that most of the huge amount of protein that I eat during the cheat meal will be used for muscle repair and glycogen storage.

MiKe

For reallll

Back