NapsGear.net

Am i excersising properly

Rep Points

Am i excersising properly

ive just started working out ive checked out loads of videos and books etc on how to use dumbbells properly but im not sure if i am doing it properly because it feels like the muscles in my forearms are doing most of the work, im not swinging, my elbows remain steady and slightly resting on my sides and i do straight dumbbells curls up to the chest but again it still feels like my forearms are doing a lot of the work i do still feel my biceps working but again forearms seem to be doing the majority and none of the videos or books talk about or help, what do i need to do????

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Don't worry about curls so much. It could just be a case that your forearms are weaker than your biceps so tire more easily. If you are curling the weight properly your biceps have to contract in order for the weight to move, theres no two ways around that.

Do you follow a complete exercise program right now?

I would read the stickies at the top of this Training forum for some great beginners info about exercising with weights.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

i did initially think that it was because my forearms were just weaker but nothing showed me information that it was that so i just assumed i was doing it wrong and thanks ill check them out

FeeL the BurN!

Rep Points

There is nothing wrong with your forearms doing all the work. If you think that it is such a problem and need to focus on them more there are isolation moves that you can do. (i.e-hammer curls) Isolation moves aren't the greatest way to workout, but some people prefer it. You are better off doing more movements that involve a lot of body parts such as Deadlifts, Squats and Benchpress. You will be working more than just one bodypart and will see better gains from them. Just a thought....
    You are born small and weak, and you die small and weak. What you do in the middle is up to you.
    There is ALWAYS room for improvement