IronMag Research Chems

How does Proviron work as an anti-e? Does it help with Deca and Tren or not?

Rep Points

How does Proviron work as an anti-e? Does it help with Deca and Tren or not?

I like the look of Proviron from what I have read and am considering incorporating it into my next cycle.

As an anti-e, does it stop the conversion in the first place like Arim or block it at the receptor like Nolva?

If it stops the conversion, I guess like Arim it is no good against Deca and Tren which do that progesterone thing. If it blocks at the receptor then it will work against anything.

If it works at the receptor and therefore against any AAS, why don't more people use it for this purpose? It seems milder on the liver and lipids than the usual suspects.

Nearly 50 and still learning...

Blackflash

Rep Points

Anyone?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by redflash View Post
    I like the look of Proviron from what I have read and am considering incorporating it into my next cycle.
    If it stops the conversion, I guess like Arim it is no good against Deca and Tren which do that progesterone thing. If it blocks at the receptor then it will work against anything.
    Blackflash
    This is not true, there are different receptors for progesterone and estrogen, just like nolva doesn't help by blocking progesterone only estrogen. On the other hand blocking or stopping estrogen DOES help with progesterone b/c progesterone works synergistically with estrogen. It gets really complicated.
    Proviron is not very effective at adding muscle that's why it's not used by everyone, they'd rather just use a more effective estrogen blocker like nolvadex. I find proviron interesting and wouldn't mind throwing it into a cycle, but I would still have Nolva on hand. Many people report increased libido w/ proviron which makes it attractive for people who have sexual problems while on cycle. Deca is notorious for causing Mr Softie Syndrome and Proviron may help with that, I wouldn't count on it alone for an anti-E and not at all for an anti-P.
    "I don't like small cars or real big women, but somehow I always find myself in 'em" - KR

Rep Points

I'm not sure there are different receptors for estrogen and progesterone; I believe (from lots of research on this bulletin board and elsewhere) that progesterone increases sensitivity to estrogen. There are no progesterone receptors as such - tren and deca cause gyno by acting as a catalyst of some sort for any circulating estrogen.

Regardless of whether that is entirely correct, let's focus on estrogen....

I wouldn't use Proviron mainly to increase my libido as i don't use Deca or Tren and I'm fine on cycle as it is. I wondered whether it would be helpful as a partial controller of estrogen with the result that I can lower my does of Arim and/or nolva, with the bonus of upping the overall androgenicity (is that a word?) of my cycle, making me harder etc.