NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Full Body vs. Splits for Cutting

Rep Points

Full Body vs. Splits for Cutting

Im looking to start a weight loss program, trying to get down to around 10% BF before trying to put on any muscle, and i find a lot of a conflicting info on the best ways to do this. Im not a complete beggininer in the gym, and i a have pretty fair strength and endurace.

My biggest question is should i try a full body workout 3X a week, or do some sort of uppper/lower split 4 days week? If anyone has any experience with trying both, or any good resources to check out it would be much appreciated

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Most of your results will be made in the kitchen, but i like fulbody workouts when i'm going for conditioning or cutting up, just because it'll take a lot of metabolic energy to perform exercises using that much muscle in a single session.

For example if you just do quads, sure your quads get a beating but youre still only using those particular muscles. If you do a fullbody workout with squats, deadlifts, bench press, and pullups, you are basically using every single muscle in the body.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Dookie

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gazhole View Post
    Most of your results will be made in the kitchen, but i like fulbody workouts when i'm going for conditioning or cutting up, just because it'll take a lot of metabolic energy to perform exercises using that much muscle in a single session.

For example if you just do quads, sure your quads get a beating but youre still only using those particular muscles. If you do a fullbody workout with squats, deadlifts, bench press, and pullups, you are basically using every single muscle in the body.

Splits are getting to the point that their archaic right? What's the point of doing splits at all? I assume we're talking iso splits.

Rep Points

yeah the kitchen is the hard part, that all day everyday focus. So if gonna stick with full body workouts for 10-12 weeks till im down, with a workout A - B - A schedule should i focus on doing things like supersets and low rest, or higher intensity/weight with more sets?

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by largepkg View Post
    Splits are getting to the point that their archaic right? What's the point of doing splits at all? I assume we're talking iso splits.
    I'm starting to think that too. I enjoy upper/lower splits, but i still think fullbody sessions are better. You can still stimulate any biometer you want like strength/size/power/endurance etc, but your work capacity is challenged just by the nature of it being fullbody.

I went basically an entire year training with fullbody programs i enjoyed that so much, haha. I can't see any reason other than ignorance to perform a bodypart split.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.