Use Coupon Code SPOOK25 for 25% Discount!

need some advice n bulking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rep Points

need some advice n bulking

ok so its my first bulking cycle for the past year + a half ive been taking in 1500 cal a day and lifting and doing cardio, now im skinny enough to be comfortable and i want to bulk gain muscle[so my cutting cycle will be more efficient] ive got my calories to 2250 within the last 2 months. heres my week

i eat every three hours and take in roughly 50-60g protein with every meal, take 80 g complex carbs b4 a workout and am slowly working my way to 3500 cal then i will eliminate the cheat day. until cutting time

sun-chest,cardio
    mon-legs
    tues-back
    wed-shoulders,traps
    thurs-biceps,triceps,forearms,cardio
    abs twice a week
    fri-off
    sat-off,cheat day [poptarts =] ] of course the ones with not trans fats

so for all the experienced bulkers how does this look?
    show as much constructive critism as you want it will just help

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

ok....so what does the rest of the day look like in terms of diet? Post the whole thing.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

ok like say today woke up 9 took 8carbs 240cal 48g whey shake and at 12:10 had a full carton of cottage cheese 84 g protein 42carbs and 420 cal. at 3pm ill have another whey shake 0f 50g protein 220cal 3carbs at 6pm preworkout meal
    at least 80 complex carbs, 50gprotein shake that i took at 3pm again then 7:30 ill have another 50g shake 10 min lifiting take a animal pak. and take my gallon of water [whatevers left] that has 10g glutamine in it drink while lifting. about 9:30 do 20 min cardio i do inervals. come home take whey shake a 50g one + a 24g srving one + about 60g simple carbs an hour later il take a meal contain atleast 20-30 g protein

Dookie

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by drip View Post
    ok like say today woke up 9 took 8carbs 240cal 48g whey shake and at 12:10 had a full carton of cottage cheese 84 g protein 42carbs and 420 cal. at 3pm ill have another whey shake 0f 50g protein 220cal 3carbs at 6pm preworkout meal
    at least 80 complex carbs, 50gprotein shake that i took at 3pm again then 7:30 ill have another 50g shake 10 min lifiting take a animal pak. and take my gallon of water [whatevers left] that has 10g glutamine in it drink while lifting. about 9:30 do 20 min cardio i do inervals. come home take whey shake a 50g one + a 24g srving one + about 60g simple carbs an hour later il take a meal contain atleast 20-30 g protein
    Really??? 360+ grams of protein which come from shakes mainly?

Serioulsy drip, I'm not busting your balls here. Please read up on the basics using the stickies in this section!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by largepkg View Post
    Really??? 360+ grams of protein which come from shakes mainly?

Serioulsy drip, I'm not busting your balls here. Please read up on the basics using the stickies in this section!
    its mainly because im afraid im going to get fat again and you really cant find any protein rich food in my house besides turkey which im out of and milk. and its 272 from shakes
    Last edited by drip; 07-30-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

I was in the same boat-until I realized how much I was reading too many magazines. Look, youre not getting any serious advice from the shitzines. Dump them. Listen and read the stickies. Built can give solid advice. Read her stickies and where to start (it's in her sig).

Post your training too. not what you do, but what exercises and how many sets to reps.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I was in the same boat-until I realized how much I was reading too many magazines. Look, youre not getting any serious advice from the shitzines. Dump them. Listen and read the stickies. Built can give solid advice. Read her stickies and where to start (it's in her sig).

Post your training too. not what you do, but what exercises and how many sets to reps.
    ok so
    sun- bench 5x5 or 5reps of 5 sets
    incline 3x8
    hammer machine 3x12
    dumbell press 3x12
    incline db flyes 3x12
    cable crossovers 3x12 <- i do two variations one mose
    muscular type movmnt and one where my arms are more up

mon-squat 5x5
    leg press 3x8
    leg extns. 3x10
    romanian deadlifts 3x8
    leg curls 3x10
    standing calf raises 3x20
    seated calf raises 3x20

tuesday- deadlifts 5x5
    bent over rows or power rows 5x5
    lat. pull downs 3x8
    seated cable rows 3x8
    t-bar-5x8

wed- bbell overhead press 5x5
    upright rows 3x8
    db lat raises 3x10
    bent over db lat raises 3x12
    barbell shrugs 5x5
    machine shrugs 5x8 to 5x5 depends if i can pull those
    last 3 reps

thur-[my fav] close grip bench 5x5
    lying tricep ext 3x8
    tricep pushdowns 3x10
    barbell curls5x5
    eazy curlbarl 5x5
    seated incline db curls3x8
    preacher curls 3x10
    barbell wrist curls5x5
    db wrist

abs twice a week - weighted crunches 3x12-15
    scizzor kicks 3x20
    hanging leg raises to failure then add
    weight and pull out 2-3 more reps
    reverse crunches with weight
    cardio 2-3 times a week ussually 2 times i walk a min. then run 4 walk for 1 min run 10 walk for 2 run 3 walk for 1 run 4. them 10 min walk and sprint 1min walk 1 min for 10 min.

Dookie

Rep Points

ok so
    sun- bench 5x5 or 5reps of 5 sets
    incline 3x8
    hammer machine 3x12
    dumbell press 3x12
    incline db flyes 3x12
    cable crossovers 3x12 <- i do two variations one mose
    muscular type movmnt and one where my arms are more up

mon-squat 5x5
    leg press 3x8
    leg extns. 3x10
    romanian deadlifts 3x8
    leg curls 3x10
    standing calf raises 3x20
    seated calf raises 3x20

tuesday- deadlifts 5x5
    bent over rows or power rows 5x5
    lat. pull downs 3x8
    seated cable rows 3x8
    t-bar-5x8

wed- bbell overhead press 5x5
    upright rows 3x8
    db lat raises 3x10
    bent over db lat raises 3x12
    barbell shrugs 5x5
    machine shrugs 5x8 to 5x5 depends if i can pull those
    last 3 reps

thur-[my fav] close grip bench 5x5
    lying tricep ext 3x8
    tricep pushdowns 3x10
    barbell curls5x5
    eazy curlbarl 5x5
    seated incline db curls3x8
    preacher curls 3x10
    barbell wrist curls5x5
    db wrist

abs twice a week - weighted crunches 3x12-15
    scizzor kicks 3x20
    hanging leg raises to failure then add
    weight and pull out 2-3 more reps
    reverse crunches with weight
    cardio 2-3 times a week ussually 2 times i walk a min. then run 4 walk for 1 min run 10 walk for 2 run 3 walk for 1 run 4. them 10 min walk and sprint 1min walk 1 min for 10 min.

You have a shit ton of volume there. Specifically on chest day. Also, way to much iso work for my liking. You should look into a push, pull, leg split or full body IMO.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

take a look at Baby got Back routine. It's quite possibly the best routine I've ever used. It emulates some of what youre doing now.

Your diet sucks honestly. Start tracking in fitday.com. Come back and give me grams of carbs, protien and fats.

Rep Points

take a look at Baby got Back routine. It's quite possibly the best routine I've ever used. It emulates some of what youre doing now.

Your diet sucks honestly. Start tracking in fitday.com. Come back and give me grams of carbs, protien and fats.
    protein is 2xmy body weight

carbs i dont really have a standard just take in complex carbs throughout the day and simplecarbs with my shake after lifting but its always about 150g

fats-i havnt ever tracked them. i know i should be lol

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by largepkg View Post
    You have a shit ton of volume there. Specifically on chest day. Also, way to much iso work for my liking. You should look into a push, pull, leg split or full body IMO.
    what do you mean by push. pull leg split

Dookie

Rep Points

protein is 2xmy body weight

carbs i dont really have a standard just take in complex carbs throughout the day and simplecarbs with my shake after lifting but its always about 150g

fats-i havnt ever tracked them. i know i should be lol

More than 1 gram of protein per lb of LBM is overkill. Save some money on your whey consumption.

Get a fitday account and use it. It will become your best friend.

Dookie

Rep Points

what do you mean by push. pull leg split
    Take a look in the training section. There are many variations but basically start training movements not body parts.

Gaz and Built have some great training protocols in the training section. Check it out!

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Most I ever went on a bulk was 1.2g x bodyweight. I gained a shitload of weight that way-my fats were at almost 200g a day.

Rep Points

Most I ever went on a bulk was 1.2g x bodyweight. I gained a shitload of weight that way-my fats were at almost 200g a day.
    well maybe im, anticipating too much but i wanna get bigger faster, i dont think im big. and 1.5 g a day didnt do mch for me. and is what role does fat play in building muscle because i might be deficient in that.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

if you're thinking it (about fats), you probably are...as for what role it plays-google it. you'll find a wealth of information. This is a place of learning. I didnt ask every simple question without trying to figure it out on my own first. I didnt want to look like a dick or newb.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Rep Points

yea i did some reading and wow, yea i forgot that fat is needed to make sure testosterone levels stat high in the body. thanks for that article to, i knew most of what it was talking about but still =]. and the only thing i found weird was the cal. formula holy crap id be eating 4000 cal a dat lol. to scared to try tht.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

actually drip-there might be a small problem with your math. Try again. If you dont like the way it comes out, I can formulate a plan for you. What's your bodyfat level? And are you doing fitday as prescribed?

Rep Points

actually drip-there might be a small problem with your math. Try again. If you dont like the way it comes out, I can formulate a plan for you. What's your bodyfat level? And are you doing fitday as prescribed?
    yes i just started the fitday today, just adding my protein shake right now actually =]. for bodyfat the weight machine told me it was 13% but im not so sure about that, even though my trainer agreed to?

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

wait-you have a trainer? How can you be asking for advice if your trainer (whom you're paying money for, I assume) isnt giving you what you want. I'd fire his ass and get what you need here. I'd also go down to 10% bodyfat and then start bulking. But that's my own two cents.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

I'm thinking of a ud2 if you're up for it.

Rep Points

I'm thinking of a ud2 if you're up for it.
    the trainer is a once a month things at golds, lol but yea thts wasup i wana cut down more, but i started thinking, man i look weak.

whats a ud2 and if it works hell yea im up for it! haha

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

google it and find a FAQ on it. I can help you set it up. I'd defintely recommend buying the book, since it is pretty detailed and the author does like to take credit for his work. Lyle McDonald is a smart bastid.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

if you're thinking it (about fats), you probably are...as for what role it plays-google it. you'll find a wealth of information. This is a place of learning. I didnt ask every simple question without trying to figure it out on my own first. I didnt want to look like a dick or newb.
    Just comes naturally then does it? You sir left yourself wide open for that.

To the OP: fire the trainer. Spend the money on food. Also make up your mind on cutting on bulking and stick to it for a little while
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Rep Points

yea, im going to get the ud2 thing most deff, and for danzik yea im gonna cut more like up to the single digits; like juggernaut said i need to then im going to bulk.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

drip, I'd be mor than happy to help you setup the diet. I've done it and have helped several others. PM me for assistance after reading the book. It's a good book well worth the money and the time.

Creator of Chaos

Rep Points

Also, you can bulk with the ud2 when the time is right.

Rep Points

drip, I'd be mor than happy to help you setup the diet. I've done it and have helped several others. PM me for assistance after reading the book. It's a good book well worth the money and the time.
    yep, will do although im only on page 22 right now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast