NapsGear.net

Optimal heart rate for cutting....

jeet yet????

Rep Points

Optimal heart rate for cutting....

The internet is great...for getting conflicting information. I need to cut body fat without losing too much muscle mass. My question is, which is best? Low intensity or high intensity?

Is the "fat-burning zone" reality or myth? I find it hard to believe that a heart rate of 115 - 125 is best as my resting heart rate is 85 - 90 (I'm 41 btw). My normal cardio puts me at 80 - 85%. Right now I'm 5'10" and 220-ish. I'm very solid, but do have a bit of a belly.

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

Nunya

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by nunya53 View Post
    The internet is great...for getting conflicting information. I need to cut body fat without losing too much muscle mass. My question is, which is best? Low intensity or high intensity?

Is the "fat-burning zone" reality or myth? I find it hard to believe that a heart rate of 115 - 125 is best as my resting heart rate is 85 - 90 (I'm 41 btw). My normal cardio puts me at 80 - 85%. Right now I'm 5'10" and 220-ish. I'm very solid, but do have a bit of a belly.

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

Nunya
    from what i've heard i heard that that fat-burning zone is just a myth... but i'd get some more opinions before hand.. for me when i run at like 6.0/6.5 mph at the gym i get my heart rate up to like 185 tops but when i'm just regularly walking my freakin heart rate is at 115-125 lol (must be that creatine!!!)
    6'2 - 198 pounds | 20yrs old
    BF% - 12% (9/15/2010)
    Chest- 46" | Biceps- 15.4" | Waist- 32"

SHRUG LIKE YOU MEAN IT

Rep Points

Diet management and eating clean, in a caloric deficit, will get rid of fat with or without cardio.
    http://www.getlifting.info

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

"King of Cheat Meals"

Rep Points

haha...yep and youre still confused. Dang internet. Cardio is not a fat burning tool.

Where have your other 89 posts been?
    Ban 2 1/2 's !!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    Some Oooold Pics. All Natural. More to come soon...Still all natural

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

It's true that cardio will burn FFAs (free fatty acids).

You don't need to worry about that much until you're leaner though. Get your diet in order.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

jeet yet????

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaba View Post
    Where have your other 89 posts been?
    They were several years ago in the supplement forums. I was pretty heavy into the goods before they were banned in 2005. Unfortunately I took some time off after (several life changes) and built up the middle section.

I've been back lifting for a year now and have my muscles back in shape, but have neglected my mid-section.

Nunya