• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Johns Hopkins student kills burglary suspect with samurai sword

Do you have any weapons in your home to use in case of an intruder?

• Yes, a gun.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Yes, a sword/knife.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes, a bat.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes, a pink dildo.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No.

• No, I am a liberal and I greet them ass up naked and lubed.

• Total voters

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Updated Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 4:50 PM

BALTIMORE — A Johns Hopkins University student armed with a samurai sword killed a suspected burglar in a garage behind his off-campus home early Tuesday, hours after someone broke in and stole electronics.

Some shocked neighbors said they heard bloodcurdling screams in an area just blocks from the university. Police held the student, a junior chemistry major who turns 21 on Sunday, for several hours, but no charges were filed by early afternoon, said police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi.

Around 1:20 a.m., the student heard noises behind the home and noticed a door to the garage was open, Guglielmi said. He grabbed the sword and confronted the intruder, who was crouching beneath a counter.

The student asked the suspect what he was doing and threatened to call police.
"When he said that, the suspect lunged at him, kind of forced the kid against the wall, and he struck him with the sword," Guglielmi said.

The intruder's left hand was nearly severed — Guglielmi described it as "hanging on by a thread" — and the man suffered a severe cut to the upper body. The 49-year-old suspect, whom police described as a habitual offender, died at the scene.

On Monday, two laptops and a Sony PlayStation were stolen from the student's home, though police were not sure whether the slain suspect was responsible, Guglielmi said.
There was a pool of blood Tuesday morning in the brick courtyard between the back porch of the home and the garage. The courtyard was strewn with debris, including what looked like broken glass.

Guglielmi did not know why the student kept a sword. He said he may have had some martial arts training, but was not an expert.
Police had not yet released the suspect's name because they were having trouble locating his relatives. Guglielmi said he had 29 prior arrests, mostly for burglary and breaking and entering, and had been released Saturday from a Baltimore County jail after serving about a year for auto theft.

Several nearby residents said the community has experienced a rash of petty crimes in recent months, including home, garage and vehicle break-ins. Many homes have bars on windows and stickers advertising alarm systems.

Kenny Eaton, 20, a junior political science major at Hopkins who lives nearby, said there was some tension between students and lower-income residents of nearby communities. The private Johns Hopkins is known for its health and science research and has about 4,600 undergraduates on its main campus.

"You take kids who are paying $50,000 a year (in tuition) and then put them out in a very dangerous city environment, it's almost like a clash of civilizations," he said.

Read more: Johns Hopkins student kills burglary suspect with samurai sword

Last edited:
My shotgun I use primarily for deer hunting.

If the kid was really protecting his property then I hope they press no charges against him.

I love how on the poll, the bar for the pink dildo is pink.

I knew the victim, he was a real cut-up

i have a hand gun and a shot gun

IML Gear Cream!
I have a pick handle, and a machete.

Soon as i have the time and inclination, i will be looking into the UK gun license because of threads in OC of people talking about how awesome their guns are. It sounds like a fun hobby.

I have a pick handle, and a machete.

Soon as i have the time and inclination, i will be looking into the UK gun license because of threads in OC of people talking about how awesome their guns are. It sounds like a fun hobby.

Ammo had become very expensive. FYI. I like hobbies that don't cost much money. Like running and weight training:)

The go to... the swords...(short and long). If there is a need to retreat the rifle cuts through walls floors, TVs, knickknacks, etc.

I put the swords in discreet positions mainly for my stupid neighbor's pits. If you need to take care of an issue blades satisfy.

29 prior arrests, and finally bad luck at the craps table.

Guglielmi did not know why the student kept a sword.
He said he may have had some martial arts training, but was not an expert.

I love stories with happy endings.
Here's a site with lots of happy endings.
Civilian Gun Self-Defense Blog

Now...as far as the part I left quoted...who cares why a non-felon has a sword. Why was that even brought up? Maybe he likes them. Maybe he wanted to be a ninja after graduation. The point is moot.
The guy made the decison to try and rob somebody and he paid for his mistake with his life...one less tax payer burden.

I love stories with happy endings.
Here's a site with lots of happy endings.
Civilian Gun Self-Defense Blog

Now...as far as the part I left quoted...who cares why a non-felon has a sword. Why was that even brought up? Maybe he likes them. Maybe he wanted to be a ninja after graduation. The point is moot.
The guy made the decison to try and rob somebody and he paid for his mistake with his life...one less tax payer burden.

i have a weapon in almost every room. it wasnt by design. no guns though.

The only crime I have to worry about in my town is a neighbor's dog shitting on my lawn.

guns dont kill people, people kill people. well guns do kill people when you point them at someone and pull the trigger...so...well...
OK so a plane is going to crash and theres a white man, a black man, and a mexican on board and then so the planes going down and then so ....i forget the rest but remember the alamo.

Monopoly and scrabble pretty much keeps people at bay. Oh, and my vicious attack dog works wonders!

It's sad that he died for such a petty crime.

I'll never in my life own a gun or knife with the inclination to using it on someone. I'd rather hand them my stuff than take their lives. Lives are precious and you don't know why they might be stealing.

IML Gear Cream!

I'll never in my life own a gun or knife with the inclination to using it on someone. I'd rather hand them my stuff than take their lives. Lives are precious and you don't know why they might be stealing.
Have you ever been robbed before?
Do you know how much it sucks to have your car window broken into 3 times in a month?
How would you feel having a name ring that a loved one gave you 23 years stolen?

And for what....drugs.
Most honest people try to work to feed their kids, I doubt this piece of shit was feeding anyone but his own drug habit.

That was the robbers choice. He decided that time...and evidently 49 times prior to rob people.
What if he (bad guy) had a weapon?
What if he went into kid's place w/ intent to harm?

Well, his bad karma finally caught up with him.

And by the way: it's NEVER ok to steal from anybody. Ever.

To answer your statement: most people do not have the inclination to want to use a weapon on another human being. That being said: someone breaks into your home. You don't know what their intentions are towards you or your family, but they are not good. They made the decision to risk their life, not you. They get what they deserve. Again: personal responsibility.

Monopoly and scrabble pretty much keeps people at bay. Oh, and my vicious attack dog works wonders!
My 12 dogs are handy......albeit 7 of them are barely tall enough to bite an ankle they are adept at getting under foot and tripping a person up.....then my other dogs would drown them in slobber........

The only crime I have to worry about in my town is a neighbor's dog shitting on my lawn.
I have to worry about our neighbors 40 year old retarded sons diaper leaking as he walks in front of my house, I swear I saw globs of turd fall as he walked by and when I went outside their was a trail right to their gate.....nasty!

I have to worry about our neighbors 40 year old retarded sons diaper leaking as he walks in front of my house, I swear I saw globs of turd fall as he walked by and when I went outside their was a trail right to their gate.....nasty!
sick0021.gif

That was the robbers choice. He decided that time...and evidently 49 times prior to rob people.
What if he (bad guy) had a weapon?
What if he went into kid's place w/ intent to harm?

Well, his bad karma finally caught up with him.

And by the way: it's NEVER ok to steal from anybody. Ever.

To answer your statement: most people do not have the inclination to want to use a weapon on another human being. That being said: someone breaks into your home. You don't know what their intentions are towards you or your family, but they are not good. They made the decision to risk their life, not you. They get what they deserve. Again: personal responsibility.

Really? so most people buy guns and keep them by their beds at night just to look cool?

I'm not saying I like being robbed. But I'm sure the hurt I get from being robbed will be easier than what their families will have to go through. Robber or not his family still love him.

And I will never take someone's life. Ever. Even if my life depended on it.

I'm not saying I like being robbed. But I'm sure the hurt I get from being robbed will be easier than what their families will have to go through. Robber or not his family still love him.

And I will never take someone's life. Ever. Even if my life depended on it.
Wow....I take it you never been robbed.
My mother was robbed twice, once at gunpoint and the other was a purse snatching.
To hear you feel pity for the criminal makes me sick......really.
A large percentage steal just to get a fix.

Go ask Soxmuscle how he felt when they stole his laptop from his room.
It doesn't feel good.

Someone stole my $1000 bicycle in July from our back yard. I got obviously pissed off and filed a report to the police and whatnot.

Late August I went to the mall, and after parking my car I noticed a blue bike that resembled mine so I went to take a look at it. Turns out, it was mine cause I had specific markings on it so it was easily recognizable. I took the seat off and waited for its owner to show up so we can discuss where he got this. The security guards showed up and asked me few questions and I said this is my bicycle and it was stolen.

So a group of 3 punks showed up, after I told them to give me my back and we dont want any trouble, these guys actually threatened to beat me up. Bunch of highschool drop outs.

I bitch slapped one of them and the security guards (about 4) stopped us and took our names, apparently the kid who stole my bicycle was mall banned for 18 years but he made an appearance and he had many criminal records (once cops showed up).

I got my bike and told this kid if i see him outside the mall Im breaking his legs.

I did see him outside the mall, in the basketball court like 2 weeks ago. And yes we did beat the shit out of him, after he threatened to steal it back. I dont care if his family likes him or not, stealing is plain simple wrong, you dont need a phD to know stealing is bad in every way, theres gotta be a punishment for that.

Back