• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Do Anti-inflammatorys Hurt weight loss?

phoenix05

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm currently taking quite a few anti inflammatorys due to an injury that has put me out of my lifting routine for a few weeks, but i've maintained my diet and have still lost weight. What I'm wondering is, would taking bulk amounts of these have any effect on my training, or diet?

I have no idea if i should alter my diet whilst taken them, or when i get back to lifting, i will still be on them, so just wondering if anyone has had any experience with that?

Thanks!

NSAIDs interfere with the normal healing process; you may find the injured area is prone to re-injury because of them.

Furthermore, you are trying to heal an injury while eating fewer calories than required to maintain your whole body.

You may wish to reconsider your strategy.

NSAIDs interfere with the normal healing process; you may find the injured area is prone to re-injury because of them.

Furthermore, you are trying to heal an injury while eating fewer calories than required to maintain your whole body.

You may wish to reconsider your strategy.

I honestly didn't even think about that. I took it as an opportunity to eat a little less and try and get my diet right, but you're correct, maybe i should get back to maintenance until i heal. I'm feeling pretty good right now so i should be ok in a few days.

I'm planning on starting the UD2.0 next week so i will have to make sure I'm 100% before i do. How do NSAIDs interfere in the healing process? Why was i prescribed them for something that requires healing? I'm a little confused by that.

I have no idea why they prescribe these things for athletes who are trying to heal injuries, but they do.

Which NSAID did you get, and what did you injure?

I have no idea why they prescribe these things for athletes who are trying to heal injuries, but they do.

Which NSAID did you get, and what did you injure?

It's a lower back injury, but not nearly as bad as i first thought. There were other complications that added to it, and I'm feeling about 90% now, so it's pretty close to being right.

I've stopped using the NSAIDs as of yesterday to see how i feel, and honestly i have no pain anymore, and just a little bit tight now. I'm not going to take them again unless i really need them.

I'm taking a pretty high dosage of Diclofenac sodium.

I'm going to be resting up this weekend and take things slowly back in the gym. I'm aiming to start back up on Monday, but will start a bit lower on the weights and see how i go.

I appreciate that. It's funny because i was prescribed this by a sports doctor. And during the year i saw him for two other injuries. One was a bad ankle injury and another one was a broken thumb. Both times i was prescribed NSAIDs and both times took an age to heal.

It's frustrating seeing things like this.

I ended up stopping the anti-inflammatories and was able to get back on my feet.

I wanted to add some more to this discussion. Does taking Codeine and Ibuprofen affect weight loss and muscle gain? I still get lingering pain from a few injuries and have been told to take some over the counter drugs to help.

Other than being cautious lifting when on pain killers, is there anything that Codeine and Ibuprofen does that will affect my goals?

Thanks!

Codeine's not an NSAID so you're fine. Ibuprofen is an NSAID.

Back