• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Ralph Lauren model Filippa Hamilton: I was fired because I was too fat!

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
BY Carrie Melago
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 8:48 AM
amd_filippa_hamilton.jpg
Filippa Hamilton says she was fired for being 'overweight.'

amd_lauren.jpg
In this Ralph Lauren ad, which features Hamilton, her appearance was altered to make her look very thin.

Ralph Lauren's clothing company fired the model whose body looked emaciated in a touched-up ad because she weighed too much, the woman told the Daily News Tuesday.
Filippa Hamilton - whose hips appeared slimmer than her head in the recent altered ad - said her contract was terminated in April because she was too heavy.
"They fired me because they said I was overweight and I couldn't fit in their clothes anymore," she said.
The 5-foot-10, 120-pound stunner was amazed to see her body digitally distorted for Ralph Lauren Blue Label.
"I was shocked to see that super skinny girl with my face," she told the Daily News. "It's very sad, I think, that Ralph Lauren could do something like that."
Hamilton, 23, worked for Ralph Lauren since about 2002 and considered the company like a second family - until she was bounced.
Then out of nowhere last week, the altered ad - which appeared only in Japan - caused a sensation and drew the ire of critics who thought it appeared sickly and unrealistic.
Polo Ralph Lauren said in a statement Tuesday night that Filippa is a "beautiful and healthy" woman but their relationship ended "as a result of her inability to meet the obligations under her contract with us."
"The image in question was mistakenly released and used in a department store in Japan and was not the approved image which ran in the U.S. We take full responsibility," the statement said. "This error has absolutely no connection to our relationship with Filippa Hamilton."
Hamilton's lawyer, Geoffrey Menin, said the image is "gross distortion of how she really looks and which we fear will be extremely damaging to her."
Hamilton is concerned about its impact on the public.
"I think they owe American women an apology, a big apology," she said. "I'm very proud of what I look like, and I think a role model should look healthy."
cmelago@nydailynews.com

I really don't think those heroin models look attractive at all.

Too fat? Why, that is one skinny woman. No wonder she has to wear a belt, cause she has no ass.

I love how they only have a problem with a little girls self image, once they get fired.

Too fat? Why, that is one skinny woman. No wonder she has to wear a belt, cause she has no ass.

I love how they only have a problem with a little girls self image, once they get fired.

Hey, why you!

She is way too skinny! I don't know anyone would fit into those jeans

Does anyone else realize the irony in this whole thing? It's not as if this is the first time photoshop/airbrushing has been used, and i am certain that most models are aware of this. The models are just as guilty as the mags, maybe not in this particular case, but in general. It's the fact that 99% of the pics you see of models/celebrities are not actually of them, but of a heavily altered version of them that portrays this unrealistic image. If this model wouldn't have been fired, she would not have said word one.

Back