• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Triceps Dips -- behind the back variation -- compound?

Do you mean bench dips?

No, you probably won't. Bench dips are my guilty pleasure - they're murder on my right rotator cuff if I go too heavy, but they're fun and they really hit my tris. I rarely do them anymore though. :(

Putting your scapula on an anterior tilt like that and then extending the humers back through that extensive range of motion is a great way to create pain.

patrick

Agreed. Bench dips just don't feel right for me. I feel like I'm putting my shoulder joint in a very compromised position. Very awkward indeed.

Putting your scapula on an anterior tilt like that and then extending the humers back through that extensive range of motion is a great way to create pain.

patrick

I know, I know... <hangs head in shame>

patrick

Agreed. Bench dips just don't feel right for me. I feel like I'm putting my shoulder joint in a very compromised position. Very awkward indeed.
I love em! Nothing hits my triceps like these. I find if I keep my back in contact with the bench throughout the entire range of motion, it puts less stress on my shoulders. Also, if you stop when your triceps are parallel to the floor instead of going deeper it also puts less stress on the shoulder joint.
Make sure you're using a slow controlled tempo for the whole range of motion.
I find this is one of those exercises you can really load up, if you do them right, like close grip bench, but you focus more on the triceps IMO when doing bench dips.

Back