• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Help Chins screwing me up

roastchicken

Go read the Clean thread!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi first off if anybody wants to check my journal you'll find the link in my sig that would give you some background on how i've been training lately.

my problem is since doing weighted chins i have developed a strong dull ache behind my elbow at the bottom of my tricep whenever i perform the movement, it always puts me in bad shape for the rest of my workout.
This pain affects my grip and often the pain, although it doesn't affect strength, is becoming more unbearable.Also it doesn't seem to occur when performing any horizontal pulls or general bicep work.
I suspect this is either some form of ligament damage creeping up on me or trouble with my bicep insertion being stressed some how, Has anyone experienced what i'm describing?

1. I am dropping chins or any variation immediately, what can i substitute for vertical pulls?

RC

Have you tried taking a week or 2 off? I would assume any pulldowns would still put emphasis on the same area. If you decide to try those exercises, I'd experiment with a very light weight.

i use a semi-supinated grip using handles on the bridge of a cable crossover.

As far as i know neutral grip would take emphasis off of the bicep. i will experiment with different grips but for the time being i am doing higher rep stuff for vertical pull.

One option i have been considering is that my primary reason for weighted chins is to work my lats so perhaps i could switch emphasis from low rep work to some kind of shock tactic such as pre-exhausting the lats (straight arm pulldowns?) then performing lat pulldowns which would neccesitate using a lighter load to stimulate the muscle. i must say i would confine this tactic to just my vertical pull movement and isolate this from the rest of program which is progressing nicely. I would only continue to employ this until i was confident of using a heavier load pain free.

What do youse lot think then?

RC

Try it. If it hurts, don't do it.

Back