• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Charla Nash, Connecticut woman mauled by chimpanzee, unveils face on Oprah

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
BY Corky Siemaszko
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Originally Published:Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 2:26 PM
Updated: Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 3:33 PM

alg_charla_nash_split.jpg
Today Show/Harpo Studios/ABC News
Charla Nash (right) appears on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Nash (left) poses before she was attacked by a chimp.

If Charla Nash still had eyes, she too would be horrified.
The Connecticut woman who was mauled by a 200-pound chimpanzee revealed to the world Wednesday what was left of her face.
"The veil is lifted," Oprah Winfrey said as she helped Nash remove her hat and coverings before a stunned studio audience.

Her nose, lips and eyelids were ripped off by the berserk beast in February.
The face Nash displayed was swollen and damaged beyond recognition, with a large mound of skin where her nose had been.
Remarkably, Nash told Winfrey she feels no pain. Nor is she angry about what happened to her.

"I don't even think about it," Nash insisted on Wednesday's episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." "And there's no time for that anyways because I need to heal, you know, not look backwards."

Nash said she found out just a few weeks ago that the reason she cannot see is because she no longer has eyes. She said that's a blessing, in a way.
"It's like less for me to worry about if I don't know," she said.
Nash was visiting her friend and business associate Sandra Herold in Stamford, Conn., when Herold's pet chimpanzee, Travis, attacked her.
Police later killed the chimp and Nash's family has filed a a $50 million lawsuit against Herold.

In addition to losing her face, Travis tore off Nash's hands. She's being treated at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio and is forced to eat everything through a straw.
Nash said it feels like "patches of tape or gauze" are covering her face and she doesn't remember anything from the attack. She knows from having touched her face that "I have my forehead."

Nash said she tries to walk every day, even when she doesn't feel well. She says she covers her head to avoid scaring people.
"I'm the same person I've always been," she said. "I just look different."

Did they euthanize the chimp and use his face as a replacement? That would be freakin' awesome!!!

When I lived Malaysia we had a pet orangutan, ( the director of the kuala lumpur zoo gave her to us to live out her last couple of years). My father always kept her in a cage since he did not trust her to not just go bezerk even though she was very gentle and used to have us read books to her and play with stuffed animals. My father showed us how strong she could be by throwing in a mac truck tire for her to play with , she snapped and stretched that thing as easily as you and I would a rubber band. She was fucking powerful!

One thing Charla does remember, though, is that Travis the chimp had always been scary. "One time he was running around the yard and swinging off the trees of the house, and he jumped on my back and he pulled a big hunk of hair out of my head," she says. "I had tears in my eyes and [Sandra] was laughing and I told her, 'It hurts.'"

friggin outrageous! it says too she thought she'd see again that the drs were wrong until they told her it was a shame they had to remove her eyes. she'll never see her daughter's face again. :(

The Nash family is suing Sandra Herold for $50 million. Though Herold had no comment regarding Oprah's interview, her lawyer issued a statement. "All of Sandy's hopes and prayers are with Charla and her daughter in this challenging time. Sandy has always tried to help Charla and wished her the best. When Charla lost her job, it was Sandy who provided her with employment and a place to live. Sandy hopes and prays for a full and speedy recovery."

i'm not sure that will pan out. Charla went over there that day to help Sandra catch Travis knowing the chimp had hurt her before.

IML Gear Cream!
Damn! Had that been me, I would have wished for the chimp to finish the job. No hands, no eyes, no nose, no fucking face. Just step on the clutch and blow the engine, your life is over.

Damn! Had that been me, I would have wished for the chimp to finish the job. No hands, no eyes, no nose, no fucking face. Just step on the clutch and blow the engine, your life is over.
I agree.

so how many of you were so tempted to click this link but couldn't do it? I know one side of my brain says click it, and the other side says stay far away, I know it will truly bother me, but that damn curiosity always keeps popping up
If you can't stomach it and view chimps in a certain way....don't click it.

humans have had violent reactions to the same medication Sandra gave her chimp.

Chimp attack "ripped off face" of woman: Was Travis given Xanax drugs by his owner? - News - Bild.de

The owner of the domesticated animal, who was shot dead by police, claimed she had given Travis some Xanax just a few minutes before the attack in Connecticut that nearly killed her friend.

Sandra Herold (70) admitted to US news channel NBC that she had put Xanax in some tea she made for her pet because he was being rowdy. She later denied her earlier statement and said that the chimp had not been on drugs.

The Dark Side of Psychiatric Drugs, part 2

According to a 1984 study, "Extreme anger and hostile behavior emerged from eight of the first 80 patients we treated with alprazolam [Xanax]. The responses consisted of physical assaults by two patients, behavior potentially dangerous to others by two more, and verbal outbursts by the remaining four." A woman who had no history of violence before taking Xanax "erupted with screams on the fourth day of alprazolam treatment, and held a steak knive to her mother's throat for a few minutes."

One thing Charla does remember, though, is that Travis the chimp had always been scary. "One time he was running around the yard and swinging off the trees of the house, and he jumped on my back and he pulled a big hunk of hair out of my head," she says. "I had tears in my eyes and [Sandra] was laughing and I told her, 'It hurts.'"

That bitch laughed? Some fucking friend she turned out to be.

was the owner not present during the attack?

she was there she had called her friend to help catch him and get him in. i think in the initial news stories about it it said the owner was stabbing the chimp trying to get him off her friend.

where's the poor chimp?

I dont get it. How does that happen? Looks like a chemical warfare result.
Looks like he grabbed her skull like a bowling ball, two fingers in the eye sockets,thumb in mouth and yanked....

where the hell did she get the xanax for the chimp? was it her stash or did a vetnarian prescribe it?

it wasn't prescribed for him hence her retracting the statement that she gave it to him. she was all kinds of irresponsible as an exotic pet owner and a friend.

Each night, Sandra Herold and her beloved chimp, Travis, would share a glass of wine before snuggling in bed together.
The Connecticut widow says she still cannot fathom how that loving animal, whom she raised as her "child," could turn violent, but when he began to maul her friend Charla Nash Monday, Herold said she didn't hesitate to stop him - even if it meant killing him.
"I had to get a shovel, then a knife to get Travis off of Charlie," the visibly shaken woman said yesterday. "It was very difficult to do this, but I had to save my friend. I am so sorry for what happened to Charlie. She is my dear friend."

The violence began shortly after Travis consumed a meal of fish and chips and then Carvel ice cream, Herold said. He then went outside and couldn't be coaxed back in. She tried to give Travis tea with Xanax to calm him, but he wouldn't drink it, she said.
Herold, 70, phoned Nash for help getting Travis back into the house.
"When she came out of her car that she doesn't normally drive, I don't think Travis recognized her," Herold said. "She was greeting him with a teddy bear, and that's when he went wild."
Travis had known Nash for years, but he might have been confused by her new hairstyle.
"She had just got her hair done. It used to be long and brown, but she changed it to short and blond and fluffy," she said.
When Travis unleashed his fury on Nash, Herold stabbed the chimp repeatedly with a butcher's knife and called 911.

Each night, Sandra Herold and her beloved chimp, Travis, would share a glass of wine before snuggling in bed together.
The Connecticut widow says she still cannot fathom how that loving animal, whom she raised as her "child," could turn violent, but when he began to maul her friend Charla Nash Monday, Herold said she didn't hesitate to stop him - even if it meant killing him.

because it s a WILD animal with WILD instincts, it probably never would have attacked it owners, but maybe it felt threatened in some way with her friend being there, either way this is why no one should be allowed to keep a wild animal captive like a pet except for a zoo.

I have felt adverse reactions to Xanax before...instead of calming me down I would get into my manic phase....My GF's mother stood outside our house slicing my weight bench padding with a knife one night yelling out loud after taking a Xan-bar, I went outside to talk to her and she tried to stab me so I grabbed her wrist and did a take down and took the knife away, she then tried to hit me so I had to put a wrist lock on her until the cops arrived...of course she is schizo, but some how the Xanax reacted with or negated her anti-psycho med and she went berzerk....

Back