• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cut fat, Gain Strength

CanadianMuscle

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I have this friend, who wants to try a workout plan for the next month, his goals being cut fat approx. 3% (hes around 12%), increase strength (muscle mass), and do so with only upperbody lifting and skipping. He plans to eat minimally less from his current high calorie, protein diet.

Please explain to him what I cannot. :confused:

I think crystal meth provides all of the things he's looking for. Rapid fat loss with an increase in strength.

In reality, he's not going to gain muscle on a deficit. He's not going to gain much muscle without lowerbody work. And he's definitely not going to hit 3% bodyfat without serious muscle loss considering his current knowledge.

I have heard of people increasing strength (read STRENGTH not MUSCLE) on a cut, but those people knew what they were doing. Your friend clearly doesn't. It also didn't take them a month to do it. Your friend is being hopelessly optimistic.

Exercises like squats and deadlifts will use up a massive amount of calories which will be a boon to anybody on a cut, not to mention will go some way to preserving what muscle mass he does have. Remember - lack of use leads to atrophy.

Best bet would be to tell him to come on here and do some reading himself.

So I have this friend, who wants to try a workout plan for the next month, his goals being cut fat approx. 3% (hes around 12%), increase strength (muscle mass), and do so with only upperbody lifting and skipping. He plans to eat minimally less from his current high calorie, protein diet.

Please explain to him what I cannot. :confused:
Your friends name doesn't happen to be "canucksinew" does it? J/k.
Just to clarify, are you saying he wants to cut down to 3%, or just cut 3%.
If the former, than your "friend" (kidding again) is an idiot, if the latter, than I would definitely say it's possible given certain circumstances and a carefully executed plan that includes leg work, as I have done it.

Just to clarify, are you saying he wants to cut down to 3%, or just cut 3%.

He wants to cut 3% (to 8% or 10% overall)

And thank you everyone for you words of wisdom, hopefully he will consider your critisism

Last edited:
Good luck gaining strength while skipping out on some of the best total body strengthening exercises in existence and eating in a caloric deficit.

Tell your friend to stop being lazy.

Sadly, he's not listening to you guys, me, or anyone on his own forum. Thanks anyway guys, but i guess he won't see hes wrong until he fails miserably...

Back