IronMagLabs

Alternative?

Thread: Alternative?

Rep Points

Alternative?

About a month ago, I received the trial supply of Force Factor, and last week, I received my first month's supply. So far, I see results, not only in increased endurance (cardio and lifting), but also a small increase in size. I plan on continuing to take Force Factor and see how things go.
    I have a pretty good diet and down a protien shake before and after I lift. The problem is, I need to find an alternative to protien shakes because they give me GI issues/bloating/etc. Any suggestions?
    I have tried Muscle Milk, Monster Milk, etc. I also mix in a tablespoon of Creatine with each shake.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You lactose intolerant?
    Wondering where to start? Confused? "Homework 1" will get you started.

Think you're ready for the "next step"? Take this test.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...
    (Now you can find out why... in Hebrew!)

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Yeah, a little bit. I have tried the Muscle Milk and Monster Milk mixing with milk, with issues, and then I switched over to mixing with water, with eventually the same results. Maybe would a different protien supplement be better?

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Get a lactose-free whey powder and try that. If you want more calories with it, toss in dextrose and some olive oil.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

All the Whey isolate is lactose free I believe. And it's damn delicious.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Rep Points

I chose both Muscle Milk and Monster Milk because they both have "lactose free" on the bottle. Unfortunately, still have *issues*.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

They both have a lot of other stuff in 'em though.

You don't have trouble with dextrose or olive oil, right? So try the combo I tried. If that doesn't work, you just can't handle dairy. Get something else, like eggwhite based protein.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Dextrose and olive oil? In the shake at the same time!! Jeez, the olive oil part of that makes me want to gag. I love olive oil, but I just can't picture it tasting good in a chocolate shake with dextrose.

patrick
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

You don't notice it, it's just easy calories. Dude's drinking musclemilk, that's got fat in it for calories, too.

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

But muscle milk tastes like a little slice of heaven!

patrick
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    But muscle milk tastes like a little slice of heaven!

patrick
    But it makes the op STINK to high Heaven!

Daredevils are Shredded
    Find out why...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    All the Whey isolate is lactose free I believe. And it's damn delicious.
    I can vouch for this. Im very very very lactose intolerant and have ZERO issues with all the whey. Its cheaper than muscle milk and just protein, nothing more.
    kris
    Please do not PM me with questions, I will not PM you back.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    You don't notice it, it's just easy calories. Dude's drinking musclemilk, that's got fat in it for calories, too.
    True. I add 1 tblsp for a nice 125cal hit for my fat macros. It is not noticeable, even in a water based shake.

busy pissing excellence

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
    Dextrose and olive oil? In the shake at the same time!! Jeez, the olive oil part of that makes me want to gag. I love olive oil, but I just can't picture it tasting good in a chocolate shake with dextrose.

patrick
    You won't notice it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    True, David Barr recommends this in his book The Anabolic Index (adding Olive Oil either as additional calories or before bed to slow down absorption).

Great mass gainer shake is 2 scoops protein, 1-2 scoops malto, and 1tbsp Olive Oil.