• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Stupid and Contagious

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Yeah beotches, I'm baaack!

I laid off of weight training for a long time, but now I've been back at it for four months. I've been doing the routines from Chad Waterbury's book, Huge in a Hurry. Right now I'm on Get Strong, Phase 3.

These workouts are a little different from most other workouts. The is most apparent in the sets and reps. So doing, for example, 3 sets of 10 or 4 sets of 6 isn't how this works.

For any given day, you have a goal range. Today it was 4-6 reps for no more than 15 reps with an RI of 90. So you do a weight that you could manage for 4 to 6 reps. When you can do 6 reps, you up the weight, still trying to make sure you can do at least 4 reps.

The amount of reps per set, the total reps, and the RI will change depending on the goal. It may be 4-6, 15, 90 or 10-12, 35, 45 or any variation of that.

In a traditional set/rep you'd do 10,10,10. Doing it the way Chad lays it out, I did 6,6,3 (15 total). But as my workouts progress, I may do 5,6,4.

Each routine has three different days that you repeat. Each day will have different exercises and may have different set/rep/RI goals.

Another aspect of this is routine is that you move the weight as fast as you can. If you can't move it fast, then you need to lower the weight.

A set ends when you lose perfect form, the speed decreases, or you hit the maximum number of reps per set. So, generally, you never hit CNS failure.

I also workout 5 days a week. After each workout I do some cardio. I run on a treadmill for 15-60 minutes at 3.5 MPH to 7 MPH.

I'm still a fat piece of crap, but I'm been gaining muscle. Okay I have been losing fat, but my diet is, quite appropriately...crap (shut it TT). It's always been the weakest link in my training.

The one thing that stands out in my training recently is my Front Squats. I can now do 215 for 15 total reps.

My weight has stayed at 215 for the last 4 months, but my measurements have been changing. Like so:

Neck: 16 3/8 -> 16 1/2
Chest: 42 3/4 -> 44 1/4
Right Arm: 14 1/2 -> 15 1/2
Left Arm: 14 1/2 -> 15 1/2
Gut (at navel): 42 5/8 -> 41 3/4
Right Thigh: 25 3/4 -> 25
Left Thigh: 25 3/4 -> 25
Right Calf: 16 1/2 -> 16 1/4 (yay for unilateral work!)
Left Calf: 16 -> 16 1/4 (yay for unilateral work!)

I haven't checked my measurements in a month and a half. I'll do it later today and post them.

I'm still so very far from my goals, but I'm making progress.

Today's fun tip: The next time you're entering in your debit PIN, say aloud four random numbers (that aren't your PIN). It freaks everybody out.

Now, on to the show...

2009/12/10

Get Strong Phase 3, Day 1, workout A.
2-3 reps, 15 total, RI of 60

I'm just starting a new routine, so I'm getting a feel for where I should be weight-wise.

The pull-ups are assisted. In this case I did 20 pounds of assist (the smallest the machine will do) for a 195 total (bodyweight of 215 - 20 = 195). Next time I'm not doing it with any assist.

Neutral-grip Pullup: -20 (215) for 3/3/3/3/3
Overhead Squat: 130 for 3/3/3/3/3
Dip: +25 (240) for 3/3/3/2/3/1
DB Romainian Deadlift: 90 for 3/3/3/3/3

The numbers were all max for the rep because I'm focusing on speed. Next time I'll start upping the weights.

2009/12/11

Get Strong Phase 3, Day 2, workout B.
4-6 reps, 15 total, RI of 75

Still getting a feel for the weights.

Cable 1-Arm Mid Pulley Row: 160 for 6/6/3
DB 1-Leg Deadlift: 90 for 6/6/3
DB 1-Arm Incline DB BP: 65/65/70 at 6/6/3
Single-leg Squat: bodyweight (215) for 6/6/3

2009/12/14

Get Strong Phase 3, Day 3, workout C.
4-6 RM, 15 total, RI 90

Highpull: 115/125/135 at 6/6/3
BB Standing Press: 75/95/115/120 at 4/4/6/1
Squat: 225/230/235 at 6/6/4

I clearly underestimated what I should be doing for BB Standing Presses.

stupid and contagious....HAD to stop in here....
DUDE!

IML Gear Cream!
DOMS, Welcome back my Friend!!! Workouts look solid, best wishes!!!

hey DOMS, glad to have you back, we are just starting up agian also, workouts and posting.

good luck on your program.

Happy new year, DOMS! Good to have you back! :wave:

...is he back...is he REALLY back?

Looking good, man :)

Does this program use Prilepin's Table? It looks similar to the way that thing calculates what volume/rep ranges you should be doing.

Progress looks good, and the workouts are definitely solid and focused!

Dude?

I just saw this thread and was all ready to give you the love... then you don't post for 2 weeks. Dude?

Update:

I stopped posting in my journal because my workouts have been shit. Over the last 5 or 6 months I've had a difficult time getting motivated to go to the gym. When I got there, my workouts sucked ass. In that time, I've lost over a third of my strength.

So I stopped posting because it was embarrassing.

But I found out what the problem was...sort of. I had a blood pressure of 157 over 112. For those of you who don't know what that means, that's very, very bad. For those of you who do know what it means, I have no idea why I'm still alive, either.

The cause was never identified, but my BP is now 128 over 89; and getting better. I figure that the reason was stress. To make sure that keeps on, I've removed several sources of stress, stopped drinking massives amounts of diet soda (I'm down to 12 oz. or less a week), cleaned up my diet more than I ever have before (I have rice with nearly every meal, and usually a lean cut of meat, along with veggies and fruits), take 81mg of aspirin a day, take hawthorn berry every day, and went back to meditating every day.

Lame ass reason aside, I'm back to working out. My numbers are still way off, but I'll work 'em back up.

Things must be extremely boring here at IM for you to be updating your journal.

Do you work out?

:lol:

IML Gear Cream!
Update:

I stopped posting in my journal because my workouts have been shit. Over the last 5 or 6 months I've had a difficult time getting motivated to go to the gym. When I got there, my workouts sucked ass. In that time, I've lost over a third of my strength.

But I found out what the problem was...sort of. I had a blood pressure of 157 over 112. For those of you who don't know what that means, that's very, very bad. For those of you who do know what it means, I have no idea why I'm still alive, either.

The cause was never identified, but my BP is now 128 over 89; and getting better. I figure that the reason was stress. To make sure that keeps on, I've removed several sources of stress, stopped drinking massives amounts of diet soda (I'm down to 12 oz. or less a week), cleaned up my diet more than I ever have before (I have rice with nearly every meal, and usually a lean cut of meat, along with veggies and fruits), take 81mg of aspirin a day, take hawthorn berry every day, and went back to meditating every day.

Lame ass reason aside, I'm back to working out. My numbers are still way off, but I'll work 'em back up.

Good to hear everything is starting to work out. Your health is something you don't play around with.

Update:

The cause was never identified(snip)

Dude, it's your avatar! My BP spikes just looking at her. :p

Welcome back to journaling and glad that you've made adjustments that have apparently worked to reduce your stress and BP. :bow:

Update:

Damn, that BP was messed up! Glad you're back and getting better, dude. Has your doctor cleared you to workout again?

Oh, stop coddling him!....He probably just saw a bunch of Hispanics in Wal-Mart.:rolleyes::D

....Glad your BP issues are under control, D.

Now GET BACK TO WORK, BOY! :paddle:

Dude, it's your avatar! My BP spikes just looking at her. :p

Welcome back to journaling and glad that you've made adjustments that have apparently worked to reduce your stress and BP. :bow:

:lol:

Thanks, Curt. This the first serious health problem I've ever had. Up until now, I've always been a picture of health. I'm working hard to make sure it never happens again.

Damn, that BP was messed up! Glad you're back and getting better, dude. Has your doctor cleared you to workout again?

Yeah, my BP was in the "you're gonna die" range.

I have no heart, vascular, or cholesterol problems. My BP is still just a couple of digits outside the healthy range, but the trend has been down.

I'm almost back to being healthy, but it's killed my strength.

Thanks, Gaz!

2010/04/16

I'm about 60% of the way through one of Chad Waterbury's workouts.

My current body weight is 210.

Half-way through the dips, I hit a wall and dropped the extra weight.

Like I said, my strength blows.

Dips (5x10, 60s RI)
10 @ BW + 10
10 @ BW + 10
5/5 @ BW + 10/BW
10 @ BW
10 @ BW

Chin-ups (5x10, 60s RI)
10 @ 140 (BW - 70)
10 @ 150 (BW - 60)
10 @ 150 (BW - 60)
10 @ 150 (BW - 60)