Facebook    Twitter    YouTube    Instagram

Questions about Primal Living diet, Marksdailyapple.com & Good Calories, Bad Calories

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VandelayIndustries

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Questions about Primal Living diet, Marksdailyapple.com & Good Calories, Bad Calories

I have been reading a lot of material lately in favor of a primal diet: meat, fish, eggs, green vegetables, wild herbs and spices, fruits and berries, nuts, cutting out almost all refined carbohydrate and sugar. Mark Sisson of Marksdailyapple.com has this outlined thoroughly, and has some pretty good science to back up his diet.

I also am reading Good Calories Bad Calories by Gary Taubes, which asserts that refined carbohydrate and sugar are the predominant cause of obesity and a myriad of diseases; heart disease, diabetes, etc. and that the fat hypothesis that the majority of people believe, is wrong.

All of this has led me to a diet of predominantly eggs, lean meats, nuts, fruits (though I am not eating very high carb ones just yet) and green veggies. I used to eat 2 slices of whole grain toast and 2 eggs for breakfast; that has since changed to 4 eggs and a few slices of peameal bacon. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks, cutting out the carbs from my meal and replacing it with more lean protein or fats.

I have lost 5 lbs, and am eating MORE then I used to. I feel full of energy and am never bloated, and oddly have been feeling very mentally charged lately. Training has been easier then I anticipiated.I am wondering what other people think of a predominantly fat/protein way of living. The whole concept with "primal living" is to bring your lifestyle back to the paleolithic era- train often, move a lot, eat organic, natural food similar to what our ancestors thousands of years ago ate, and lead an active life. Indulgence is okay, as long as you stay the track for the most part.

Thoughts? Anyone tried before me? With success, failure? I am curious as to what the nutritionists and science minded individuals of this board think, because as of right now, I see myself eating this way for the rest of my life. As a former fatty, nothing has yet to compare to the satiety and results I have gotten from eating "primal".

VandelayIndustries

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

any one familliar with either the website or the book? or the "primal" diet? or keto diets? any takers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I am looking for this same info.
    Have you found a menu to go with this yet?

5/3/1
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldsProtege View Post
    think of a predominantly fat/protein way of living.
    This is certainly a very comfortable way of living. Comprising the majority of your intake with fat and protein is likely more satiating than a carbohydrate-heavy diet.

Feel free to eat this way for as long as you wish.

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

^Agree.

I love my fats and proteins. So satiating!

VandelayIndustries

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Scout, Mark's Daily Apple is a site dedicated to "primal living" and has many, many recipes! I havent even delved into most of them, as I am so smitten by my fat loss from plain chicken, eggs, steak, pork, and green veggies. Soon I am going to actually start making dishes, but the past few weeks its just been

A)turn on bbq
    B) grill assorted meat
    C) steam green/fibrous vegetable
    D) bask in meaty goodness

I feel the best I have in months, am eating a lot, and am losing weight. Its fantastic. I still have my dad and grandfather though telling me to be careful, limit my fat, eat more carbs, careful not to get heart disease, high cholesterol, dont eat so many eggs, etc... these myths are all dispelled in Good Calories,Bad Calories, but it is still hard. A paradigm is a paradigm for a reason, and it takes revolutionary acts to shift it.

I also am experimenting with intermittant fasting, wich takes a lot of willpower, and is definitely hard at first, but it is rewarding. I used to eat bad food because it was the only food available; now though, if I dont have a healthy meal of mainly fats/proteins, I just cant bring myself to eat something like pizza, or fast food, or even foods I once thought were ok. The idea of 60 grams of carbs in a "healthy" sub is no longer appealing to me.

Creator of Chaos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    ^Agree.

I love my fats and proteins. So satiating!
    damn right
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    damn right
    Have your gallbladder out. A high fat diet ain't so comfortable anymore
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Creator of Chaos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    Really? So then I should live with epilepsy? Uhh no.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Thanks for the website and all your help guys. Anyone recommend a fat burner that works as well?

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Jugg, I think he's saying he's had HIS out already.

Quote Originally Posted by danzik17 View Post
    Damn. That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout8847 View Post
    Thanks for the website and all your help guys. Anyone recommend a fat burner that works as well?
    Just get your diet and training worked out. When you hit a stall, you can look into the fatburners. They don't really burn that much fat; the most you can expect to get from any of them is a bit more energy and a bit of appetite suppression. Welcome while cutting, but it won't do it for you. You really need to figure the diet out first.

Creator of Chaos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Sorry if I came off as a wiseass danzik.

@ Built, clen or ephedrine dont burn fat?

Bioidentical Bodybuilder
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Jugg - not much, no. They do raise metabolism slightly, but not enough to compensate for overeating.

Creator of Chaos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

So then would say that I should spend more time and effort on diet and cardio than worrying about what dosage to use with either compound?

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    So then would say that I should spend more time and effort on diet and cardio than worrying about what dosage to use with either compound?
    Yup. Ephedrine is a pretty decent appetite suppressant I found, and the energy boost is pretty good for maintaining intensity in the gym.

Since ephedrine is a beta-agonist, it may help to lose some of the "stubborn" lower back/ab fat (or ass fat for women), but it's still no replacement for a caloric deficit. I'd also wait to run the ECA stack until you're at a lower bodyfat imo (10-12%) just because I'd rather have them be at their most effective when it's hardest to lose the fat. If you use it all the way down, I'd think you would build a tolerance and they would become less effective.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?