• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Facebook Linking

MCx2

Señor Member
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Not a suggestion but a question. I can't seem to get the Facebook link to work. It says don't put the entire link, but put the "facebook name". I don't have a name, mine is an ID# but that doesn't work either. What might I be doing wrong?

most FB users have set the URL name option rather than using the long ID number, e.g. mine is rdimaggio

but yes putting in profile.php?ref=profile&id=XXXXXXX would work also. :)

Yeah, I never jumped on the username bandwagon when they made that available. Probably should have. Thanks Rob.

Yeah, I never jumped on the username bandwagon when they made that available. Probably should have. Thanks Rob.

well, if you need to tell someone or your FB page its easier to remember a name than the long ID number it makes up. ;)

well, if you need to tell someone or your FB page its easier to remember a name than the long ID number it makes up. ;)

Yeah, I thought about it but I realized that I'm the only person on Facebook with my name.

fb linking might not be a good idea. u know most of us use fake names on forums for internet privacy n if you link to face book which has real names n stuff. Some companies might pick on you if you criticize them

IML Gear Cream!
See what? That guy is a fucking idiot. If you're afraid that someone is gonna come after you for something you said on a message board you're either an idiot, or a pussy of such epic magnitude a circus elephant could crawl in you for an afternoon nap.

I guess you'll have to enter some sort of witness protection program should you ever become a famous actor. Might be tough to get another gig though...

Hah, or it could be I could care less. I mean my name on myspace is Brock Landers. Obviously, I am having fun with it, but as far as peeps being afraid of getting their name out there, I dont know. I dont think its bad that your name is out there, any publicity is good publicity.

Hah, it reminds me of when I had my full name on my out going message when people would get my voice mail. That girl I pushed years ago had some thugs call me and they left msgs saying "i cant believe youre dumb enough to leave your first and last name on your cell." Yeah, and those big bad asses did nothing to me.

What a threat.

Years back someone created a blog about me in an effort to have me fired from my job.

The person included text from posts I had made, but (unfortunately from their perspective I'm guessing) nothing ever came of it.

Attribution tripped them up a bit, too. They included a quote "by me" that was actually a post by someone else. :doh:

I've never really been an e-thug or made a habit of saying anything I wouldn't repeat, so that helps.

Eventually, though, I did go back over my MySpace page, removing curse words and "questionable" blogs.

Elementary school teachers really are held to an otherworldly standard for morals, behavior, and speech.

And, words to the wise, Facebook profiles have been the target of "stalkers" who forward content to employers. The most recent I read about was the school teacher who was at a bridal shower where there was a male stripper as entertainment.

Someone posted a pic of the teacher (fully clothed and simply seated in the image from what I heard) with the stripper on their FB. The image found its way to her school district and she was suspended.

Not sure what the final outcome of that drama was, but it's clear that there are people out there with too much time on their hands. :(

Hah, or it could be I could care less. I mean my name on myspace is Brock Landers. Obviously, I am having fun with it, but as far as peeps being afraid of getting their name out there, I dont know. I dont think its bad that your name is out there, any publicity is good publicity.

Hah, it reminds me of when I had my full name on my out going message when people would get my voice mail. That girl I pushed years ago had some thugs call me and they left msgs saying "i cant believe youre dumb enough to leave your first and last name on your cell." Yeah, and those big bad asses did nothing to me.

What a threat.

Well, yeah. I can see why you wouldn't want someone knowing your name if you have a history of beating women. lol.

Back