Dont Talk to police

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rep Points

Dont Talk to police

This is an interesting video. i have watched it like 10 times..
    btw its long like 50 min...
    YouTube Video

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I saw a video where the guy said not to talk to the police without a lawyer even if you are just a witness, your words could be twisted to make you a suspect....
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Metrosexual
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I watched that video way back when it was only hosted on Google Video.

This is a clip from a video that everyone should watch.

Rep Points

Great thread, this info is golden.

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

How many of you own your "land"? I do, my father willed me his small 1/2 acre property in Texas it's mine the trees and the dirt underneath....

but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DOMS View Post
    I watched that video way back when it was only hosted on Google Video.

This is a clip from a video that everyone should watch.

If you don't know you were speeding, you are guilty and need a ticket. You are suppose to be aware of your speed at all times. Sorry..........

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    If you don't know you were speeding, you are guilty and need a ticket. You are suppose to be aware of your speed at all times. Sorry..........
    Show me the law that says "not being aware of your speed equals ticket."

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maxpro2 View Post
    Show me the law that says "not being aware of your speed equals ticket."

Weird I don't remember Dg saying that statement at all... interesting interpretation

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I said need a ticket. That will make you pay attention to your speed and hopefully protect yourself or someone else.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by maniclion View Post
    How many of you own your "land"? I do, my father willed me his small 1/2 acre property in Texas it's mine the trees and the dirt underneath....
    you sure?

In the United States, "To say that land is owned 'allodially' is a fiction. All land under United States government jurisdiction is subject to expropriation by way of eminent domain".

Allodial title - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robert D. View Post
    you sure?

In the United States, "To say that land is owned 'allodially' is a fiction. All land under United States government jurisdiction is subject to expropriation by way of eminent domain".

I would be glad if the gov. decided to make use of that little lot, the land is surrounded by a wildlife preserve and empty oil fields, the only reason my father liked it is because of it's remote location and proximity to the lake, I spent the last 2 years of High School there and it was an experience, watching deer cross through the fields in back of our house and hiking in the dense woods and seeing a hoard of wild pigs running down a dried creek bed, seeing 6ft long rattlers sunning across a dirtroad....

A D M I N I S T R A T O R

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robert D. View Post
    you sure?

taxes or if you're fortunate arbitration. hell maybe both.

you never own anything in this country.
    " A cookie without sugar is just a cracker" ~ ancient voodoo proverb
    "A man with infinite patience is never left waiting."~ROID's past incarnation

DRSE: F#cking Champion

Rep Points

Awesome video, I happened to have just watched this a week or two ago myself.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I said need a ticket. That will make you pay attention to your speed and hopefully protect yourself or someone else.
    I'm not quite sure you got the point of that video

That and those kids need a better radar detector.
    Ron Paul 2012

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by IainDaniel View Post
    Weird I don't remember Dg saying that statement at all... interesting interpretation
    That is exactly what he said. If you aren't aware of your speed, you are guilty and deserve a ticket.

There is no other way to interpret that.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

When did YouTube allow videos to exceed ten minutes? Wtf?

No one tells me anything.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

So depressing.

"To serve and protect."

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Also, I would like to add to this to never ever ever ever consent to a search of your vehicle. Even of the cop tells you that he sees something suspicious and has the right to search vehicle, tell him loud and firm that you do not give him permission to search your vehicle. Say it load enough that the police car surveillance device records you telling them cop that you don't give him permission.

Don't answer any questions. Tell him only that you are exercising your right to remain silent. The police will tell you all sorts of bullshit to trick you into giving up your rights. Don't fall for it.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I wonder if that's what Rodney King said.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    When did YouTube allow videos to exceed ten minutes? Wtf?

No one tells me anything.
    i think some where around 2007 or 2006 they have introduced this 10 min limit... go to wiki pedia n you will see details. before 2006 they allowed videos more than 10 min in length

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    I wonder if that's what Rodney King said.
    Lol, I doubt it.
    What I posted doesn't apply anymore once you have started a police chase and resisted arrest like King did. However there is still no need to hit the fucking guy 56 times with a baton.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    That is exactly what he said. If you aren't aware of your speed, you are guilty and deserve a ticket.

There is no other way to interpret that.
    He said if you "weren't aware you were speedING" huge differences then just implying you don't know the actual speed you are going.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

He said if you "weren't aware you were speedING" huge differences then just implying you don't know the actual speed you are going.
    Lol, I must be think headed or something. My mind reads "weren't aware you were speeding" the exact same way as "unaware of your speed."

I suppose it is a disagreement over semantics.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Lol, I must be think headed or something. My mind reads "weren't aware you were speeding" the exact same way as "unaware of your speed."

I suppose it is a disagreement over semantics.
    If you are speeding you have broken the law.

If you aren't aware of your speed, you could be going the speed limit.

so yes prolly semantics

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

If you are speeding you have broken the law.

If you aren't aware of your speed, you could be going the speed limit.

so yes prolly semantics
    I see it now. I was reading is like "if you don't know if you are speeding".

Fucking words, man.

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Even of the cop tells you that he sees something suspicious and has the right to search vehicle, tell him loud and firm that you do not give him permission to search your vehicle.
    Let me point out that if he sees contraband, he doesn't have to ask for permission. You will be arrested then he will search your car. IF he sees contraband and you give them lip, you are asking for trouble. Again, the best approach is to be polite and say yes sir/yes maam and that will get you a long way.
    But I agree, don't say anymore than you have to. You would be surprised at how much volunteer info gets people in trouble.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Let me point out that if he sees contraband, he doesn't have to ask for permission. You will be arrested then he will search your car. IF he sees contraband and you give them lip, you are asking for trouble. Again, the best approach is to be polite and say yes sir/yes maam and that will get you a long way.
    But I agree, don't say anymore than you have to. You would be surprised at how much volunteer info gets people in trouble.
    I was arrested for paraphernalia after mouthing off to 2 cops that were harassing a homeless guy when my friends and I were walking the beach.
    They searched us from head to toe, but couldn't find anything. So the douchebags followed us to my car which was now parked right next to a police car. It turned out to be their police car. They called for backup and They told me that they were going to search my car, but I refused to give permission. They searched it anyway and found a glass weed pipe in a crown royal sack along with some papers and a lighter, but no weed.

At my hearing, one of the cops that responded to the backup request, actually testified that I didn't give permission, and that he didn't see probable cause. I got off with a disorderly conduct charge because of the mouthing off I did. I called one of the cops a piece of shit for harassing a bum who was just sleeping on a bench.

All in all, I got lucky that 1 of the four cops was honest. Now that I think about it, I should have sent that guy a card that said thanks for being one of the good guys.

I am Rollo Tomassee..
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thats a touching story and there is some good advice going on in here, but it doesnt solve any problems.

I think it is WORSE to say why you were pulled over than to say "no, i dont know why i am pulled over." It may seem like I am guilty, but I AM guilty by saying what I did wrong. e.g. speeding

Being polite does go along way, but I dont think mouthing off should go the other way. It is not illegal to have an attitude. If a civilian is compliant with silly little requests that the awesome officer of the law is giving, then the civilian can have any and every attitude they want to deliver. However, thats not how it is, so be nice to dandies.

As far as refusing certain things to the cop, yeah it can work once you get to court, but that cop will sure find a way to take you to jail for the night.
    6' 203lbs (12-10-12)
    Bench 365 (12/3)
    Weighted Pullups 80lbs 3x3 (3/19)
    Squat 370
    Deadlift after herniation 385lbs 3x3 (3/17)
    NASM certified 2/06
    Journal

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

My outlaw mind says to not deal with cops at all, I avoid them like they have the plague, I know where they hang out so my trips to and from work avoid them, and I also drive the speed limit. I know where they do their foot patrols in town so I stay away from those areas....I can go month's without seeing a cop, I might see a car in the distance or the random accident, but rarely are they in close proximity.....

Founder of GOSB
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

I was arrested for paraphernalia after mouthing off to 2 cops that were harassing a homeless guy when my friends and I were walking the beach.
    They searched us from head to toe, but couldn't find anything. So the douchebags followed us to my car which was now parked right next to a police car. It turned out to be their police car. They called for backup and They told me that they were going to search my car, but I refused to give permission. They searched it anyway and found a glass weed pipe in a crown royal sack along with some papers and a lighter, but no weed.

At my hearing, one of the cops that responded to the backup request, actually testified that I didn't give permission, and that he didn't see probable cause. I got off with a disorderly conduct charge because of the mouthing off I did. I called one of the cops a piece of shit for harassing a bum who was just sleeping on a bench.

All in all, I got lucky that 1 of the four cops was honest. Now that I think about it, I should have sent that guy a card that said thanks for being one of the good guys.
    Yep, there are good and bad. But I look at it like this........treat people as you would want to be treated. And it also makes for a smooth transaction between the two if they see you are trying to be fair about it. Like it or not, police do have a job to do. But you can approach it in many ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast