• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Dont Talk to police

I saw a video where the guy said not to talk to the police without a lawyer even if you are just a witness, your words could be twisted to make you a suspect....

I watched that video way back when it was only hosted on Google Video.

This is a clip from a video that everyone should watch.

YouTube Video

Great thread, this info is golden.

How many of you own your "land"? I do, my father willed me his small 1/2 acre property in Texas it's mine the trees and the dirt underneath....

YouTube Video

I watched that video way back when it was only hosted on Google Video.

This is a clip from a video that everyone should watch.

YouTube Video

If you don't know you were speeding, you are guilty and need a ticket. You are suppose to be aware of your speed at all times. Sorry..........

If you don't know you were speeding, you are guilty and need a ticket. You are suppose to be aware of your speed at all times. Sorry..........

Show me the law that says "not being aware of your speed equals ticket."

Show me the law that says "not being aware of your speed equals ticket."

Weird I don't remember Dg saying that statement at all... interesting interpretation :p

I said need a ticket. That will make you pay attention to your speed and hopefully protect yourself or someone else.

IML Gear Cream!
you sure?

In the United States, "To say that land is owned 'allodially' is a fiction. All land under United States government jurisdiction is subject to expropriation by way of eminent domain".

Allodial title - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I would be glad if the gov. decided to make use of that little lot, the land is surrounded by a wildlife preserve and empty oil fields, the only reason my father liked it is because of it's remote location and proximity to the lake, I spent the last 2 years of High School there and it was an experience, watching deer cross through the fields in back of our house and hiking in the dense woods and seeing a hoard of wild pigs running down a dried creek bed, seeing 6ft long rattlers sunning across a dirtroad....

Awesome video, I happened to have just watched this a week or two ago myself.

I said need a ticket. That will make you pay attention to your speed and hopefully protect yourself or someone else.

I'm not quite sure you got the point of that video ;)

That and those kids need a better radar detector.

Weird I don't remember Dg saying that statement at all... interesting interpretation :p

That is exactly what he said. If you aren't aware of your speed, you are guilty and deserve a ticket.

There is no other way to interpret that.

Also, I would like to add to this to never ever ever ever consent to a search of your vehicle. Even of the cop tells you that he sees something suspicious and has the right to search vehicle, tell him loud and firm that you do not give him permission to search your vehicle. Say it load enough that the police car surveillance device records you telling them cop that you don't give him permission.

Don't answer any questions. Tell him only that you are exercising your right to remain silent. The police will tell you all sorts of bullshit to trick you into giving up your rights. Don't fall for it.

IML Gear Cream!
I wonder if that's what Rodney King said. :(

Lol, I doubt it.
What I posted doesn't apply anymore once you have started a police chase and resisted arrest like King did. However there is still no need to hit the fucking guy 56 times with a baton.

That is exactly what he said. If you aren't aware of your speed, you are guilty and deserve a ticket.

There is no other way to interpret that.

He said if you "weren't aware you were speedING" huge differences then just implying you don't know the actual speed you are going.

He said if you "weren't aware you were speedING" huge differences then just implying you don't know the actual speed you are going.

Lol, I must be think headed or something. My mind reads "weren't aware you were speeding" the exact same way as "unaware of your speed."

I suppose it is a disagreement over semantics.

Lol, I must be think headed or something. My mind reads "weren't aware you were speeding" the exact same way as "unaware of your speed."

I suppose it is a disagreement over semantics.

If you are speeding you have broken the law.

If you aren't aware of your speed, you could be going the speed limit.

so yes prolly semantics :D

If you are speeding you have broken the law.

If you aren't aware of your speed, you could be going the speed limit.

so yes prolly semantics :D

I see it now. I was reading is like "if you don't know if you are speeding".

Fucking words, man.

Even of the cop tells you that he sees something suspicious and has the right to search vehicle, tell him loud and firm that you do not give him permission to search your vehicle.

Let me point out that if he sees contraband, he doesn't have to ask for permission. You will be arrested then he will search your car. IF he sees contraband and you give them lip, you are asking for trouble. Again, the best approach is to be polite and say yes sir/yes maam and that will get you a long way.
But I agree, don't say anymore than you have to. You would be surprised at how much volunteer info gets people in trouble.

Let me point out that if he sees contraband, he doesn't have to ask for permission. You will be arrested then he will search your car. IF he sees contraband and you give them lip, you are asking for trouble. Again, the best approach is to be polite and say yes sir/yes maam and that will get you a long way.
But I agree, don't say anymore than you have to. You would be surprised at how much volunteer info gets people in trouble.

I was arrested for paraphernalia after mouthing off to 2 cops that were harassing a homeless guy when my friends and I were walking the beach.
They searched us from head to toe, but couldn't find anything. So the douchebags followed us to my car which was now parked right next to a police car. It turned out to be their police car. They called for backup and They told me that they were going to search my car, but I refused to give permission. They searched it anyway and found a glass weed pipe in a crown royal sack along with some papers and a lighter, but no weed.

At my hearing, one of the cops that responded to the backup request, actually testified that I didn't give permission, and that he didn't see probable cause. I got off with a disorderly conduct charge because of the mouthing off I did. I called one of the cops a piece of shit for harassing a bum who was just sleeping on a bench.

All in all, I got lucky that 1 of the four cops was honest. Now that I think about it, I should have sent that guy a card that said thanks for being one of the good guys.

Thats a touching story and there is some good advice going on in here, but it doesnt solve any problems.

I think it is WORSE to say why you were pulled over than to say "no, i dont know why i am pulled over." It may seem like I am guilty, but I AM guilty by saying what I did wrong. e.g. speeding

Being polite does go along way, but I dont think mouthing off should go the other way. It is not illegal to have an attitude. If a civilian is compliant with silly little requests that the awesome officer of the law is giving, then the civilian can have any and every attitude they want to deliver. However, thats not how it is, so be nice to dandies.

As far as refusing certain things to the cop, yeah it can work once you get to court, but that cop will sure find a way to take you to jail for the night.

My outlaw mind says to not deal with cops at all, I avoid them like they have the plague, I know where they hang out so my trips to and from work avoid them, and I also drive the speed limit. I know where they do their foot patrols in town so I stay away from those areas....I can go month's without seeing a cop, I might see a car in the distance or the random accident, but rarely are they in close proximity.....

I was arrested for paraphernalia after mouthing off to 2 cops that were harassing a homeless guy when my friends and I were walking the beach.
They searched us from head to toe, but couldn't find anything. So the douchebags followed us to my car which was now parked right next to a police car. It turned out to be their police car. They called for backup and They told me that they were going to search my car, but I refused to give permission. They searched it anyway and found a glass weed pipe in a crown royal sack along with some papers and a lighter, but no weed.

At my hearing, one of the cops that responded to the backup request, actually testified that I didn't give permission, and that he didn't see probable cause. I got off with a disorderly conduct charge because of the mouthing off I did. I called one of the cops a piece of shit for harassing a bum who was just sleeping on a bench.

All in all, I got lucky that 1 of the four cops was honest. Now that I think about it, I should have sent that guy a card that said thanks for being one of the good guys.

Yep, there are good and bad. But I look at it like this........treat people as you would want to be treated. And it also makes for a smooth transaction between the two if they see you are trying to be fair about it. Like it or not, police do have a job to do. But you can approach it in many ways.

Back