NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

pain in lower back

Rep Points

pain in lower back

i have a pain (more discomforting than painful) right below my lower back area. its hard to pin point, its not a muscle pain, its deep in there. i got it after doing deads, and i know its from doing deads, cause i sometimes get the same discomfort when doing them.

i usually stop when i feel like im stressing it, but today i ignored it and kept going. and this isnt the first time i over did it. it goes away with rest and taking it easy on lifts bending at the waist. so i know what i should do and shouldnt do, but want to know how i might be causing it and what the pain is. could it be from repetitive motion, like when u get tennis elbow pain?

i think i might be hyper flexing my lower back( i think thats the right terminology/ bending back too far back). everyone i ask, says i have good form, and i'm not overkilling the weight. also, cant do back squats when it hurts, but i can do front squats. feels like too much pressure on the area that hurts with the weight on my back. also, sittin upright, like on a stool where my hips are higher than my knees, causes discomfort.

i did some stretching afterwards, that helped. i also held onto the pullup bar and let my body hang, it was very relieving until after i got down, then it seemed to hurt even worse.

hope, i gave enough information.im not looking for a diagnosis, just suggestions,maybe past experiences, or tips to avoid and/ or prevent injury.thanks

Goonie Goo Goo

Rep Points

I have had pain in that same spot, although I can't say for sure what exercise caused it. Similiar I have had "mystery" pains in my neck, knee, and elbows at one time or another. For the most part the pain went away when I stopped going as heavy as I could, everytime I worked out. Working in light days has really helped the pain and hasn't hurt my gains. Sometimes you gotta check your ego, know what I mean?

Rep Points

Talk to P-Funk. This is one of his specialties.

Rep Points

did squats this morning, front and back. started out light, and progressively went heavier. i focused more on stabilizing my core rather than the push in my legs, and keeping my lower back more upright then arched. i felt no discomfort, no pain, and the lift felt better overall. i guess my form was bad the whole time. gonna try same technic on my deadlift next week, see if that makes the difference.

Bombus H. Maximus

Rep Points

I think it's probably pain from an inflamed nerve.