• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My eating habits

Nomad

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi,

I have read the homework section and started the fitday daily intake.

Now, there are a few things I'm not sure if it matters or what but here they are;

1) there is no salad dressing called balsamic vinagrette (which is what I use) so I put salad dressing. (does that matter?)

2) the almonds I have been eating are raw slices not thin ones but like 1/4 pcs. and there wasnt anything for that also I dont have a scale yet (my fault) so I'm using handfuls and not sure how to weigh that. I eat 2 handfuls about.

3) I couldnt find anything about raisins/cranberries which I'm eating in same amount as almonds

4) I'm not sure how much chicken I'm eating. I eat thin sliced breasts cooked in a tsp size of olive oil. Usually 2 breasts 2 times a day with garlic powder and cayenne pepper (very lightly) how many oz is that?

5) also there is no option for multigrain pasta which is the type I use as well. so I put wheat.

Now, from what I see this is the break down:

GramsCalories%-CalsCalories2,460
Fat109.7
%Saturated14.7
%Polyunsaturated28.0
%Monounsaturated59.7
%Carbohydrate247.5
%Dietary Fiber46.1
Protein142.4
%Alcohol0.0
%

DrawPagel.png
Fat
( 39
%)
DrawPagel.png
Carbs
( 38
%)
DrawPagel.png
Protein
( 23
%)
DrawPagel.png
Alcohol
( 0
%)

I weigh 255. I'm 6' 0". 30 yrs old and thus far am only doing stretch's. No cardio, no weights.

My goal is to get to 195. Realistically it's going to be 200 lbs. When I used to workout like an animal I followed no diet just ate healthy and worked out like a terminator. I got to 198 lbs. I've always had a pouch and never could lose it (any ideas?). But other than that I was a monster.

I've been speaking with people and they say to eat 2000 calories a day. As you can see it says I am eating appr. 400 more calories than that. Is that ok? Do I need to cut it down to get where I want to be? Also, I have been eating so much for so long that I don't want to do what it was saying in the burn the fat letters and put my body into shock and eventualy give up which I have done countless times looking for a quick fix. However I've always had a problem not eating as I am hypoglycemic (undiagnosed) but always become lathargic and I get to a point where I feel like I want to pass out if I do not eat regularly.

My friend gave me some crazy diet he says he got from a pro body builder to get ripped but I can't see myself following it as it is boring and very little food. So I decided against it and am eating this way.

If you guys need to look at my fitday page please advise on how to show you it. I do not know how to calculate body fat. Please advise on how to do so. I have no access to any equipment so another method is preffered as I want to be certain.

My goal is to shred this unwanted flab get ripped and then pack on muscle size. However my physique is large meaning my shoulders back chest and legs. Muscle memory and all. I'm realistically looking to become solid/ripped.

Please advise on how to do this correctly.

Thank you in advance

(hope this was done correctly)

Ok I was getting more in depth with fitday and it says I'm obese with a bmi of 34.58. That is just horrible. Anyways my goal is to get to my goal of 195 by may 1. Now it also says my healthy weight for my height is between 136 and 184lbs. I can be at 184 lbs and not be a twig or how does that work exactly. I've never followed anything as serious as this before

BMI is not GOD. its just a simple guide for unhealthy people with no knowledge of their body or exercise.
It all comes down to body fat %

I would say that 2400 calories a day may be equal to your maintenance. only you will know how as you will see hwo your body responds..

How are you sleeping. do you feel rested afterwards

when starting out i suggest
push
pull
Leg
dayoff

research a little. get to know your body. i know mine when im really underdoing my cals (i feel edgy, uptight, peaks in moods) and when im over doing it (slow, sluggish, lathargic, bloated)

good luck. Perseverance is your GOAL! If you stick to it you will see the result. Forget about the appearance that is just a benefit. know that your Jeans will fit better. people will give you nice compliments on how much weight you must of lost so there is plenty to keep you going and when you feel like giving up get the worst photo of you that you have and stare at it for 5 mins and ask is it worth it! and Damn straight its worth it. every moment. every little bit of sweat. even tears if you will. The pain is part of the ride.. Enjoy every moment..
What is your water intake like
When eating how many meals do you have
is physical activity not an option?
There is no need to shed all that fat first. you can lift now and lift heavy. the weightloss will also be a by product. make sure you are eating low fat with some carbs.

Thank you for responding James.

How does one go about finding out what bodyfat% you are?

As far as sleep goes, honestly, I have 3 kids 2 of them babies, one is 2 the other 5 mnths. So a full 8 hrs of uninterrupted sleep I wont know for quite some time. Some nights are more than others but for the most part if it hasn't been an all nighter I drink 28 oz of water as soon as I wake up and then a shot of espresso before breakfast fanatically. Once I drink my water I'm usually good. Feeling refreshed lately. Before I started this lifestyle change I was sluggish until I went to bed it seemed.

You're 100% right about feeling good. I actually took a picture this time so I have something to remind me.

As far as my intake of water. It's all I drink. Besides coffee black. Which by the way do you know of any other form of pick me up besides coffee or caffiene for that matter? Like I said 28 oz in the morning 28 oz throughout the day till 12pm. And another 28 oz or 48 oz before bed. I know this not because I know how much a glass is, I have my 28 oz bottle and just refill it throughout day as much as needed.

Meals I eat about 6 - 7 a day. Small meals. morning usually 6 egg whites and one serving of instant oatmeal.

a yogurt with some almonds unfortuanately I grabbed the low fat ones with sugar this time but I'm too stubborn to throw out food so once its done I will get the diet ones. But, I was told that the sugar substitute is actually worse than sugar, thoughts?

a 1/2 cup brown rice and piece of chicken or salad and chx or plain canned tuna

raisins with almonds always about a handful of each if im real hungry I go for 2 of each

dinner is usually 1/2 cup brown rice or multi-grain pasta with 2 pieces of chicken. lately that hasnt been filling me up for the rest of the night so I'll have some more almonds and an orange or two before bed. I know I shouldnt but I can't fall asleep feeling like I have an empty stomache.

I know I need to incorporate more veg's which I will I just need to find my balance with what I'm working with.

Working out at a gym is not an option right now maybe in the next month or so. I can do calisthenics however with the F-troop its difficult to focus. An excuse perhaps. I will be starting them however, what do you suggest for legs without weights. Sand bags and stairs?

Thanks again

A handful of raisens could easily be 300-500 cals. Same with almonds. 200 cals in almonds is about 18 almonds. Enter custom foods into fit day or just find something with the correct macros to match what the label says. The macros between whole wheat and regular pasta is about the same and at the end of the day the numbers is all you care about.

Get a scale and start tracking accurately. I think you'll be surprised how many cals are in a handful of nuts/raisens.

500 calories in a handful of Raisins?? Are you sure? I'm a Raisin Junkie :)

LOL

yea.. I eat my Raisins.. So I know that mother fucker doesn't know what he's talking about

I do know that im figuring out that what I consider to be a portion is off. I am in need of a scale. Any ideas on an inexpensive digital scale.

1 cup of raisins is 493 calories. So I would say a handful or two could easily be that. My point was that he needs to start being more accurate with tracking as calories from little things like that can add up really fast.

IML Gear Cream!
1 cup of raisins is 493 calories. So I would say a handful or two could easily be that. My point was that he needs to start being more accurate with tracking as calories from little things like that can add up really fast.

I get your point and you are correct in saying so.

Its really amazing what people in general including myself believe a portion size is. It seems almost as if a normal portion is what a 2 yr old would eat compared to most what americans do.

I watch the travel channel with the food programs they have and there are places that have burgers that are literally bigger than a tire and people eat them. That is just crazy.

Back