• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need help on getting the basic supplements for newbie!!

yadi79

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi guys!

I just joined this forum.. havent seen the gym in 4 years .. and Im finally trying to get back..

kinda need some help on getting some supplements too!

what are you guys taking these days?

I remember taking cell-tech and nitro-tech and some vitamins..

went to local gnc store and got lost.. :(

So many new stuff!!!!

Just need some basic stuff to start with.. like protien, creatine, vitamins, booster..etc

Any advice would be great!!!

for the most part, fuck the supplements chief. The only staples I would recommend is whey (cheap and cheerful), MultiV and FishOil

Focus on a solid diet and lifting routine.

Oh, and welcome back!

I remember taking cell-tech and nitro-tech and some vitamins..

went to local gnc store and got lost.. :(

Best advice would be to stay TFO of GNC and don't buy anything with the word nitro or cell in it, SFW, eat, eat, eat, SFW, then eat some more.

for the most part, fuck the supplements chief. The only staples I would recommend is whey (cheap and cheerful), MultiV and FishOil

Focus on a solid diet and lifting routine.

Ill be working out everyday.. I get to rest alot..
So far.. no diet plan... I kinda dont want to do diet... I feel okay..even tho im over weight.. (5'9" 205)

Oh, and welcome back!

thanx!!

Best advice would be to stay TFO of GNC and don't buy anything with the word nitro or cell in it, SFW, eat, eat, eat, SFW, then eat some more.

Im trying to eat atleast 6 meals... with out shakes...

After a 4 year sabbatical, dont do supplements yet just get back into the training rythm.
Enjoy the Gym see which way your body goes this time, ( it's always different ) and then decide in 6 months or so if you need supplementation to achieve your aim.

Training should be fun and enjoyable,

Just go with the flow man,

Loafer :coffee:

if you are just getting back, focus on getting back. health wise you can add a multi and fish oil. once you get into the swing of things, you can add creatine and whey. thats really all you should consider.

if you are just getting back, focus on getting back. health wise you can add a multi and fish oil. once you get into the swing of things, you can add creatine and whey. thats really all you should consider.

I understand... but can u give me some names of product that are good?

kinda wanna look it up in the mean time..

vitamins.. I just take regular multi ones from vitamin shop..

fish oil cant remember... wat brand is good these days?

at the moment im taking some glu for my joints.. had weak joints since I was little..

I get my vitamins/fish oil from costco.
I buy my creatine/protein from Nature's Best,
I would recommend these, but keep in mind Nature's Best isn't cheap, and i've heard only good things about IronMagLabs supplements so that would also be a good choice.

I understand... but can u give me some names of product that are good?

kinda wanna look it up in the mean time..

vitamins.. I just take regular multi ones from vitamin shop..

fish oil cant remember... wat brand is good these days?

at the moment im taking some glu for my joints.. had weak joints since I was little..

well, health from the sea is a great source of fish oil, but NOW and Jarrow's are quality sources for almost everything.

any creatine mono should do stay away from celltech it's overpriced I get multi and fishoil at walmart

IML Gear Cream!
Never underestimate the power of vitamin C! I swear it has prevented me from becoming sick when my immune system has been running low from low carbing, lack of sleep, etc. It's also just good for you in general since your body can't make it on it's own.

Thank you for all the comments and advice..

So far this is what I bought.

Another newbie

Just registered, and I need supplement advice. I figured I'd piggy back on this thread as opposed to spamming the forum with even more 'newb' threads.

Anyway, I've never hit the gym with any regularity before, so I'm going in this time with a plan. I do well with structure, so I'm planning everything from what I eat at what time to when I workout and sleep.

I've already bought a few supplements, now I just need to know how much to take and when. I'm still working on my diet as well, but being in the supplements forum, I'll focus on those.

Right now I have:
ON 100% Whey
AST micronized creatine
10 lbs of dextrose
L-Glutamine caps (I read a lot of conflicting articles on whether or not they help, but hey, they were cheap.)

My main questions are:

1. How much creatine do I need? I figured 5g creatine with 35g dextrose half an hour before workout with the same amount immediately post. I've read in some forums (possibly this one) that you only need 5g a day, so maybe that's too much. I also want to make sure I'm taking the right amount of dextrose with it.

2. When do I take Whey protein? Right now, I was thinking one scoop with water during my workout, and 2 scoops with water half an hour after. Hopefully, I'll be able to fit 5-6 meals in a day, but if not, I might take one or 2 more throughout the day.

3. Will the L-Glutamine caps do anything for me? I was thinking of taking one immediately post workout with my creatine.

4. How much fish oil is necessary? I've read as much as 2-3 grams of combined DHA and EPA a day. Can too much be harmful? Everytime I try to look up research on fish oil on the net, all I find are ads disguised as research usually linking to the x-tend life brand. Also, is there a proper DHA to EPA ratio I should be aware of.

5. I've had apex multivitamins for awhile now. I have no idea if they're any good or not, but I'm open to any suggestions for a better multivitamin to get when these run out.

I'm sure I have plenty more questions I can't think of at the moment, but any help regarding the ones I've posted would be greatly appreciated.

Back