IronMag Research Chems

Does inhibiting DHT hinder gains when on cycle?

Rep Points

Does inhibiting DHT hinder gains when on cycle?

I know a lot of folks take the likes of finasteride to try and stop hairloss on cycle as well as to protect their prostate. However, I was just wondering if blocking DHT when using AAS would stifle gains?

Cheers.

Rep Points

Anyone?

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Yes, finesteride will hinder gains. Take it for a while before you cycle.

/V

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by VictorZ06 View Post
    Yes, finesteride will hinder gains. Take it for a while before you cycle.

/V
    Thanks. How does it do that? Is it simply a case of the exogenous test not converting to DHT, therefore not bringing the added benefits of the DHT (as I was under the impression that DHT is the real strength/muscle builder, not necessarily test, which is just the 'warm-up' as such)?

Cheers.

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Reducing DHT and certainly hinder performance in the gym. Better to use dutasteride if you are gonna block DHT. Taking those to prevent hairloss is a waste, IMO. It's going to fall out anyway.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

How to Use HCG

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate! View Post
    Reducing DHT and certainly hinder performance in the gym. Better to use dutasteride if you are gonna block DHT. Taking those to prevent hairloss is a waste, IMO. It's going to fall out anyway.
    I'm not looking to take it - I've been shaving my head for a few years now as MPB kicked in during my mid-twenties - I was just trying to learn a bit more about the role of DHT. I'd read a while a go that DHT could impact gains in a negative way. And when I use to take finasteride for MPB - before my venturing into PHs/AAS - I found I didn't make great gains in the gym. It was only when ceasing it that I saw improvements - particularly with my strength.

Also, apart from being a more effective inhibitor, does dutasteride help prevent acne as it inhibits the type I enzyme as well as type II, or am I getting mixed up?

Cheers.

Rep Points

I have heard that dutasteride works, but whenever you get into aas use you have to be prepared that the hair may go.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by freakinhuge View Post
    I have heard that dutasteride works, but whenever you get into aas use you have to be prepared that the hair may go.
    Yeah, I understand that's the case. And as my hair's been disappearing for the past three years anyway, the fact that it would go if I was to take AAS doesn't concern me too much. I was more interested in the anti-acne properties dutasteride has - if any - and the overall effect of inhibiting DHT when training naturally or on AAS.

Cheers.