• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Spider-Man 4' Scrapped; Raimi And Cast Out; Franchise Reboot Planned

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Exclusive: 'Spider-Man 4' Scrapped; Raimi And Cast Out; Franchise Reboot Planned

[QUOTE]Mike Fleming and I have just confirmed that Sony Pictures decided today to reboot the Spider-Man franchise after Sam Raimi pulled out of Spider-Man 4 because he felt he couldn't make its summer release date and keep the film's creative integrity. This means that Raimi and the cast including star Tobey Maguire are out. There will be no Spider-Man 4. Instead, the studio will focus on a reboot script by Jamie Vanderbilt with a new director and a new cast. All this took place today at meeting on the lot today. An official Sony Pictures news release about it is [...] » [/QUOTE]

I wonder if Disney's new approved acquisition has anything to do with this?

Old news. I work in Hollywood.
Cool, now we can get the news here before it comes out in the press.

Who's the new Director, Who will play Spidey, what villain will he fight against, please tell me they won't show his origin again.

Sam wanted to film it in 65mm too which would have gave it a real nice look.

Bad move.

If it has to take longer to make, then take the time. Spidey 3 was rushed and twas a mess.

This isnt a movie you fuck around with, so ditch the idea completely. No new crew!

I agree.

Sam wanted to film it in 65mm too which would have gave it a real nice look.
I also read he had a difference of opinion with the script they were giving him.

This really irritates me cuz The Lizard is such a blatantly obvious would-be villain that was shown in the 3 previous movies already. To not go through with it now is nuts.

Getting an ENTIRE new crew is such a crazy idea. I would even call a bomb threat if they just got rid of Tobey.

Replace Mary Jane. Thats all.

This really irritates me cuz The Lizard is such a blatantly obvious would-be villain that was shown in the 3 previous movies already. To not go through with it now is nuts.

Getting an ENTIRE new crew is such a crazy idea. I would even call a bomb threat if they just got rid of Tobey.

Replace Mary Jane. Thats all.

And his name is CURTIS!
bowdownblue.gif
:p Uh, slight bias.

X2

And never again do evil Peter Parker.

Seems too early to do a reboot.

The previous three Spider-Man movies, though I feel are extremely overrated, were wildly successful in the box office. Given the amount of success, I don't get why they'd want to replace the entire crew. Kind of a slap in the face, really.

Replace Mary Jane.
I've always thought Kirsten Dunst was among the ugliest leading ladies in Hollywood, and I've never understood it. Julia Stiles is another one.

I've always thought Kirsten Dunst was among the ugliest leading ladies in Hollywood, and I've never understood it. Julia Stiles is another one.

Truer words were never spoken.

Kirstin lost weight for the third movie. The problem is that her ginormous head stayed the same size. The end result made her look like a bobblehead.

Truer words were never spoken.

Kirstin lost weight for the third movie. The problem is that her ginormous head stayed the same size. The end result made her look like a bobblehead.

agreed. Also, iirc, there were way too many upclose shots of her unwaxed facial hair.

Back