Facebook    Twitter    YouTube    Instagram

NYPD officers banned from using OTC supplements!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    429 Posts
    Rep Points

Post NYPD officers banned from using OTC supplements!

NYPD officers banned from using OTC supplements!

NYPD presses cop-steroid ban
    By REUVEN BLAU

City cops have been told to stay off the "juice" -- or else.

In an effort to create a stricter steroid ban, the NYPD last week issued a stern warning to its members not to bulk up with supplements purchased online or over the counter.

A bulletin distributed at roll call identified 21 nutritional supplements that contained steroids but failed to list them on their labels.

All dietary supplements are also forbidden, the four-page memo said -- noting that their use would trigger positive drug tests.

The NYPD began random steroid testing in April 2008 after a scandal that tainted as many as 27 cops.

At least four more have been snared by those tests in 2009.
    The FDA has said steroid use can lead to liver damage, stroke, heart disease or kidney failure.

The NYPD noted that illegal steroid use fuels a market run by organized crime.

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

organized crime is such a blanket statement. there is no guarantee that buying steroids ties into mob related activity, which is what is implied/thought of. in related any crime that requires a supply side, is technically organized. you are getting the steroids out of thin air, there has to be organization. using that term has a definite effect and they are exploiting it.

busy pissing excellence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

27 cops in an organization of over 10k!! LOL!!!!!!

If that is all they could find then the rest of the guys are doing a fantastic job of hiding their use. More power to them, you won't find me bitching that cops shouldn't use AAS.

Why is New York so against muscle building products. Wasn't it Charles Schumer who initiated the bill to add HGH to the controlled substance list?

Administrator
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    429 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mike the Ripper View Post
    Why is New York so against muscle building products.
    its not just NY, it's the entire country and its because the government demonized anabolic steroids, the same way they demonized marijuana.

busy pissing excellence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    its not just NY, it's the entire country and its because the government demonized anabolic steroids, the same way they demonized marijuana.

True, but it always seems that NY and their self-aggrandizing politicians are at the forefront, hence my reference to Charles Schumer. I commend them on being proactive in certain areas that apply to general health and well being....i.e trans fat ban, public smoking bans etc... but a lot of the things they rally against are the result of misguided advice and information as well as capitalizing on current political buzzwords.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

This is getting ridiculous. Trans fat bans, smoking bans, my ass. What's next? I wonder how long it'll be before big daddy govt starts requiring that we all eat 3 servings of veggies everyday and limits how much sugar and sweets we can buy each month. Afterall, that is why we have govt, to take care of us and watch over our health.

I wonder if by "dietary supplements" they're referring only to PH/PS/AAS or any dietary supps used for muscle building, including things like creatine, NO products, etc. Either way it wouldn't be any surprise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

out of all the people i know and are familar with cops and prison guards are the ones i would want to be able to take steroids, or at least not test them so under the table use could be exercised. if i'm a 190lbs. officer trying to subdue a 300lbs. gorilla like roids here, i would want a little advantage. lets face it folks, cops have tough jobs, they deal with the part of society that most of us don't care for......drug addicts, drug dealers, robbers, murders etc. i say let them do it. now before someone fires back with "yea, that's what i want is a guy or gal with a legal right to carry a gun and arrest me all juiced up" keep in mind, most and i say most departments screen their officers very well looking for emotional stability, polygraphs are conducted, extensive backgrounds checks are just a few of the things that are done before you are sent to the academy. now do a few crack pots slip throught the system, sure, especially in big cities like the one i'm from, but for the most part you're talking about maybe 1 in several hundred.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    out of all the people i know and are familar with cops and prison guards are the ones i would want to be able to take steroids, or at least not test them so under the table use could be exercised. if i'm a 190lbs. officer trying to subdue a 300lbs. gorilla like roids here, i would want a little advantage.
    Say what? Do you see any fur?! Roids ain't no gorilla!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Why do they always bring up this stupid $hit...

"The FDA has said steroid use can lead to liver damage, stroke, heart disease or kidney failure."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Rep Points

So can alcohol abuse.

Fuck! Just realized I'm all outta beer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roids1 View Post
    Say what? Do you see any fur?! Roids ain't no gorilla!
    even gorillas can shave.....you can teach them to do all kinds of things, even be teachers.....

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

The issue is that the government pays for their medical care. As long as medical care is the financial resposibility of the employer, we will increasingly see employer interference in personal issues. Imagine if the federal government wanted to save money by mandating your lifestyle choices. They may restict your protein, stating it's hard on your kidneys.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

How to Use HCG

DRSE mercenary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate! View Post
    The issue is that the government pays for their medical care. As long as medical care is the financial resposibility of the employer, we will increasingly see employer interference in personal issues. Imagine if the federal government wanted to save money by mandating your lifestyle choices. They may restict your protein, stating it's hard on your kidneys.
    True,... but this is more of a liability and PR move on the gov't's part. The last thing they want the public to know is the same people who are enforcing the law - are now breaking it. Most recently the media has made public the "loopholes" these supplement companies have used to put out prohormones and in fact they are steroidal compounds.

This line pretty much seals the deal:

The NYPD noted that illegal steroid use fuels a market run by organized crime.

Thats Dr. Keke to you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    out of all the people i know and are familar with cops and prison guards are the ones i would want to be able to take steroids, or at least not test them so under the table use could be exercised. if i'm a 190lbs. officer trying to subdue a 300lbs. gorilla like roids here, i would want a little advantage. lets face it folks, cops have tough jobs, they deal with the part of society that most of us don't care for......drug addicts, drug dealers, robbers, murders etc. i say let them do it. now before someone fires back with "yea, that's what i want is a guy or gal with a legal right to carry a gun and arrest me all juiced up" keep in mind, most and i say most departments screen their officers very well looking for emotional stability, polygraphs are conducted, extensive backgrounds checks are just a few of the things that are done before you are sent to the academy. now do a few crack pots slip throught the system, sure, especially in big cities like the one i'm from, but for the most part you're talking about maybe 1 in several hundred.

Yes you are right. Cops should not be held to the same laws they enforce. Personally, I think cops should be allowed to do just about whatever they want. I mean, they are heroes and all.

Founder of GOSB
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by brk_nemesis View Post
    The last thing they want the public to know is the same people who are enforcing the law - are now breaking it. Most recently the media has made public the "loopholes" these supplement companies have used to put out prohormones and in fact they are steroidal compounds.

This line pretty much seals the deal:
    thats the kicker though. these substances should not be illegal in the first place. If you study scheduled drugs, they each have a list that make them addictive, side effects and so on and that is how they decide what is illegal. Steriods and ph's fit NONE of thest profiles.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.