• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Curt James' training journal

IML Gear Cream!
Hi Curt! I just want to say thank you so much for all your support! You Rock! xo

Hi Curt! I just want to say thank you so much for all your support! You Rock! xo

Thank you. And congratulations on achieving your IFBB Pro card!

ig9.jpg

School year began August 22, 2011 and my last workout was this one. D'OH! Relaxing for nearly a month. :clapping:

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

206.2 lbs.

Rotator work 3 X 15 Out
Rotator work 3 X 15 In
Face pulls 3 X 15

DB Bench 50's X 8, 60's X 8, 70's X 8, 75's X 5
Incline DB Bench 50's X 8, 60's X 7, 4
Seated DB press 35's X 6, 12

I only got six reps on that first set of presses because it was a drop set after my last set of inclines.

Was approaching closing time and I wanted to squeeze in those two sets of presses.

WAIT!!!!!!

lol That's what I've been doing! Seriously, thank you for the recommendations, Burner. :thumb:

Not a fan of the 2-day split, myself. Too much volume... but I guess if you're eating enough, your body should be able to handle it and you could last the entire workout. Go for it and see how you like it, dude!

Going to follow the routine presented in the YouTube below. Or that's the plan when I return to the gym.

Jugg did a 2 day split gazhole designed for bodybuilding and he loved it, ask jugg about it!

If it could make my shoulders as broad as jugg's then definitely worth checking out that 2 day split!

Hope that split works for you Curt! We have to do a 5 day'er.... we only have 50 minutes at the max in the morning and if we don't super-set things, we tend to run out of time..

I'd normally run out of time because I arrive at the gym late. :rolleyes:

still following along ....

Glad to have you along, Carmine.

Notes:

Consume 1 - 1.5 grams of protein per pound of LEAN bodyweight, consume no more than 200-400 grams of carbs a day, (maybe cycle your carb intake, low to high by the days of the week or your training days?). Last but not least, stay clear of fatty, greasy foods and foods high in sugars.

Here's the Hodges Twins' split I'm looking at:
YouTube Video

Day 3 is the worst on my new program.

Checking your program out next!

Hang in there Pal. You back in school yet?

Yup. We started August 22 with students arriving August 29.

First day back in the gym since August 16.

Monday, September 19, 2011

200.2 lbs.

Rotator work 3 X 15 Out
Rotator work 3 X 15 In

DB Bench 40's X 10, 50's X 8
Incline DB Bench 45's X 8, 50's X 8
Seated DB press 25's X 10, 30's X 8
Close-grip bench 95 X 8, 8

Was 206.2 lbs. at that last workout. Look at those numbers. :geewhiz:

Here Curt, Stay Single!

[FONT=&quot]Research shows that there are 7 kinds of sex.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The 1st kind of sex is called: Smurf Sex. * This kind of sex happens when
you first meet someone, and you both have sex until you are blue in the face.

The 2nd kind of sex is called: Kitchen Sex. * This is when you have been
with your partner for a short time, and you are so needy you will have sex
anywhere, even in the kitchen.

The 3rd kind of sex is called: Bedroom Sex. This is when you have been with
your partner for a long time, your sex has gotten routine, and you usually have
sex only in your bedroom.

The 4th kind of sex is called: Hallway Sex * This is when you have been with
your partner for too long. When you pass each other in the hallway you both say
'Screw you.'

The 5th kind of sex is called: Religious Sex. * This means you get Nun in
the morning, Nun in the afternoon, and Nun at night. (Very Popular)

The 6th kind is called Courtroom Sex. * This is when you cannot stand your
wife any more. She takes you to court and screws you in front of everyone.

And; Last, but not least, The 7th kind of sex is called: Social Security
Sex. You get a little each month, but not enough to enjoy yourself.[/FONT]

First day back in the gym since August 16.

Monday, September 19, 2011

200.2 lbs.

Rotator work 3 X 15 Out
Rotator work 3 X 15 In

DB Bench 40's X 10, 50's X 8
Incline DB Bench 45's X 8, 50's X 8
Seated DB press 25's X 10, 30's X 8
Close-grip bench 95 X 8, 8

Was 206.2 lbs. at that last workout. Look at those numbers. :geewhiz:
No worries. You know that will go up in no time. :winkfinger:

Duh. Did I totally misread that? Did you mean Day 3 of your current split or Day 3 is when DOMS hits you worst.

Curt = :loser:

No worries. You know that will go up in no time. :winkfinger:

Agreed. :thumb:

Was the time off due to injury curt?

No, the new school year started August 22 and I just wanted to focus entirely on getting off on the right foot -- no distractions and freeing up those hours. Plus, hopefully it gave my joints and CNS some time to rest and heal?

That's probably just a fancy way of saying I'm lazy. lol

Duh. Did I totally misread that? Did you mean Day 3 of your current split or Day 3 is when DOMS hits you worst.

Curt = :loser:

DOMS hits me like a run away 18 wheeler on the 3rd day like clockwork on this new program.

Saturday I had to spend 15 minutes stretching because my shoulders were sooo sore from thursday that I could'nt hold the bar to do squats. :roflmao:

you lost 6 lbs in a week? Forgetting to pack your food?

No, that was over a month out of the gym and, yeah, not eating accordingly. Probably lost muscle and gained fat, so... :hmmm: not sure how I'd calculate the actual or possible lean weight lost.

DOMS hits me like a run away 18 wheeler on the 3rd day like clockwork on this new program.

Saturday I had to spend 15 minutes stretching because my shoulders were sooo sore from thursday that I could'nt hold the bar to do squats. :roflmao:

Ouch. :( Did you say foam roller, too, in your journal?

Say Mr. Mr.

how you be?

hope your doing well, I know you couldn't be anything other than.:clapping:

Hey! I hope you're doing well, Nightowl. :)

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

199 lbs.

Squats 135 X 8, 8, 8
Leg press 90 X 10, 180 X 20, 270 X 10
Leg curls 60 X 10, 90 X 10, 110 X 10, 130 X 10
Single-leg calf raise 50 lbs. dumbbell 3 X 12

yep without the foam roller I'd be really hurting. It definately makes the DOMS tolerable.

Nice looking leg workout today. :thumb:

Hi Curt,

all is well, as I made my return last night for workout. I must admit, when I went with weight with some areas not touched for a while with my tendonitis that I did't think I would make....I did! :clapping:

If I make this weekend with out losing my grip with daily being there...then I think, I will manage to do well.

on personal level, much better. Just felt too much pressure and now with my colleges 4 looking at, I gotten some great news and real great responses with my timing issues and classes. Looking forward to them! Leave for Europe soon, tough without 24 hour fitness there. Try 18 mile cycle into london thingy (fingers crossed):winkfinger:

talk soon. made some new posts with recipes; I hope that you'll find something to your liking!

IML Gear Cream!
yep without the foam roller I'd be really hurting. It definately makes the DOMS tolerable.

Nice looking leg workout today. :thumb:

Thanks. Back and biceps next.

Hi Curt,

all is well, as I made my return last night for workout. I must admit, when I went with weight with some areas not touched for a while with my tendonitis that I did't think I would make....I did! :clapping:

If I make this weekend with out losing my grip with daily being there...then I think, I will manage to do well.

on personal level, much better. Just felt too much pressure and now with my colleges 4 looking at, I gotten some great news and real great responses with my timing issues and classes. Looking forward to them! Leave for Europe soon, tough without 24 hour fitness there. Try 18 mile cycle into london thingy (fingers crossed):winkfinger:

talk soon. made some new posts with recipes; I hope that you'll find something to your liking!

Wow! You have a lot on your plate. Enjoy Europe!

Back